X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
    well to be fair, with said equipment you might as well end up with a flimsy, uneven belt and a bunch of crooked silver sticks

I do agree that its fairly simple, but it does take a bit of work and not just any piece of leather and silver will hold up that well in a belt. but yea, price is steep for sure.
    I know, I was being reductionist there

It's elegantly simple and of course you're paying for the R&D/art aspect of it. Otherwise you could say that a $1000 shirt is just $1 worth of thread and $20 worth of fabric and $2 in buttons.

Cost is what you make of it. If it's a good deal to you then it's a good deal right? Can't hate on that!
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• beardown
      rekoner
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
      belts are a small detail but a rather long lasting one at that. I have an Ann Demeulemeester belt that I've worn almost every day for the past 3 years, already in that time its certainly been more worth it than most other pieces of clothing and/or accessories
      Agreed. A good belt gets worn every day. They take a lot of wear and tear and a well made one will last you through the years.
      I don't have a problem with a Gap belt that will last 8 years though I believe in the past decade, the craftsmanship and materials of the mass market belts have become shoddy and crappy for the most part.
      Gap used to source from reliable locations using good materials...most of their stuff is made in China these days if I'm not mistaken.
      I have a 12-year-old leather bag from the Gap that can put a lot of high-end brands to shame. That same bag purchased now would be made from synthetic leather in a China factory with crappy stitching, zippers and metal detail.
      I would never spend over $200 on a belt but I certainly wouldn't fault anyone for doing so. In this day and age, more than ever, if you shop carefully you do get what you pay for.
      Originally posted by mizzar
      Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• kunk75
        Banned
        • May 2008

i have two good belts, a jil and a commes both bought far below retail. spending a lot on belts, underwear, socks, etc is something i'm not interested in.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by tangerine View Post
          cost of MA+ belt : $500
          cost of sz membership : free
          cost of being humiliated in the recent purchases thread: $0 - your pride (varies)
          cost of encountering keyboard warrior in Atelier/The Archive/your local leathery old men distributor, and proceeding to tan their hides with your $500 belt : priceless

not aimed at anyone, just pointing out utilitarian value of belt. ;) I think that belt's a little plain for $500, but it is a nice belt.
          Right on. File under WTF along with the Rick ten-pack socks.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• drkshdw
            • Apr 2009

Glad I'm not the only one in the WTF thread. With that said, I haven't bought anything crazy since. Sometimes it takes other people to help bring you back down to earth. Thanks Faust and SZ.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

My pleasure. I am always happy to dispel the myth that we are all about flaunting $$$. Stick to American Apparel next time ;-)
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Uncontrol
                • Feb 2008

Levis 646-0011

Morgan Homme Polyurethane Coated Cotton Rider Jacket

Comment

• baizilla
                  • Sep 2006

^ in the future.. please post directly in the WTF-thread. kthx.

Comment

• snafu
                    • Apr 2008

hahahahaha :)

Comment

• grapz
                      • Sep 2008

can you post a waywt fit plz

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

i bought one of these so i won't want to kill myself anymore.
                        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Uncontrol
                          • Feb 2008

^ AHH

Originally posted by grapz View Post
                          can you post a waywt fit plz
                          i will later this summer

Comment

• mizzar
                            • Mar 2008

trifted

Don't know anything about brand or country of origin.
                            Got them for 20 Euro.
                            Kinda resemble of Helmut Lang shoes.
                            All black leather + Leather sole. Perfect fit and size.
                            WYWT when i'll found normal camera.

____
                            sorry for my bad english, i learned it from the book.

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• beardown
                              rekoner
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
                              Watch that neti pot, Ddohnggo. I have bad allergies and used one once and ended up with a deathly sinus infection. Apparently it has to be 100% sterile or you end up putting bacteria directly into your sinuses. And make sure you've got a high enough percent of saline. Those things are potential killers.

ps: I won't deny that it's a good look while it's going down.
                              Originally posted by mizzar
                              Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• bestial
                                • Jun 2008

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post

pic.
                                Does it work for you? I'm on a strict nasal spray treatment for pollen.. but I actually am almost totaly sealed in my nose everyday of the year. So one of those might be a good idea!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎