• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by beardown View Post
    I've always thought the Ann necklace was meant to represent the crown of thorns. Not necessarily as a religious reference but maybe from a historical context or symbolism of it.
    Correct. It is a remake of a piece she first showed in S/S 03, and it was actually the first SZ front page image :-)

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MikeN
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by andrewislasorad View Post
      nice mike, I think I know what cardigan you're talking about [above is actually the scarf jacket], what materials in both pants and cardi?
      haha! how do you know which one I got? are you hiding in my closet? I wasn't sure if that was the correct photo of the top piece, but the one I got is the infinity cardigan in that silk/cotton jersey material.

Comment

• dji
        • Feb 2008

bring on FW10!
        Last edited by dji; 02-01-2010, 05:25 AM.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

/\

gray is still better though ;-)
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dji
            • Feb 2008

heh, if I already had a black moto I probably would have picked up the gray instead. still like the jut neck more although this jacket is great, seems odd to me that Julius would cut a S/S jacket with more room for layering than the F/W leathers though.

Comment

• thehouseofdis
              • Jan 2010

I think the Ann leather necklace is a good price as well, but probably because it took 15 minutes to make and can be made of leather scraps. The idea is fantastic though. I can't believe I forgot about the '03 collection.

There's also a bracelet version here but for some reason it's more than four times the cost of the necklace. It says it's leather and silver but I don't see any silver in the photo.

Anyone else on here have the Ann beaded necklace with skull? Mine has broken 4 times. Every time it breaks I re-string it with something I think is stronger, but it just broke again and am looking for suggestions.
              THE HOUSE OF DIS
              embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by dji View Post
                heh, if I already had a black moto I probably would have picked up the gray instead. still like the jut neck more although this jacket is great, seems odd to me that Julius would cut a S/S jacket with more room for layering than the F/W leathers though.
                No complaints out of those of us with chest and shoulders!
                I cannot wait until the gray one is produced. I think it's just about the best leather I have ever seen.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dji
                  • Feb 2008

actually I found that it fits the same across the chest, just the rest of the body and the arms are cut roomier. I don't mind that this one isn't shrink-wrapped like the jut, it's still quite a flattering fit even with the extra space.

look forward to seeing your gray jacket E, it does look great in the runway and item shots but it's always difficult to get a feel for the colour without seeing it in person.

Comment

• messenoire
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Who? View Post
                    I bought some cheap calf leather scraps, after looking at a few pictures, I made this:
                    can you post the construction process for those of us that are curious?

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
                      haha! how do you know which one I got? are you hiding in my closet? I wasn't sure if that was the correct photo of the top piece, but the one I got is the infinity cardigan in that silk/cotton jersey material.
                      apparently I wasn't the only one, but I was after the rick so don't worry. our wardropes are starting to look very similar, especially seeing as I final joined the rick star wars tie fighter skort crew last week, thanks to some Y! action. infinity cardi is a solid pick up, but watch out with the knotted drop crotches, don't tie the string too tight..better to just re-tie the knots to fit to avoid string fail.

Comment

• stereophobic
                        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by dji View Post
                        actually I found that it fits the same across the chest, just the rest of the body and the arms are cut roomier. I don't mind that this one isn't shrink-wrapped like the jut, it's still quite a flattering fit even with the extra space.

look forward to seeing your gray jacket E, it does look great in the runway and item shots but it's always difficult to get a feel for the colour without seeing it in person.
                        Ruh Roh. Does that mean I should look into a Size 3 then D?
                        An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• Raw
                          • Oct 2009

Great purchases D, now show us a fit pic with the jacket and pants .
                          Nick aren't you a size 3 in _7 anyways?

Comment

• stereophobic
                            • Aug 2009

Moto normally fits half size to one size larger B, but since D says it fits the same across the chest...
                            An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• dji
                              • Feb 2008

unless you want it a full size tighter in the chest I wouldn't size down, it's definitely truer to size than the previous motos I've tried.

Comment

• klue
                                • Apr 2009

damien you crazy bastard :D good stuff man.

those pants are from the MA line correct? hows the fit/size on you?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎