X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eat me
    • May 2009

Originally posted by hobo View Post
    I think that's what turns us on, Galia! Most men I know are suckers for a girl with attitude, myself included! But it's the accent that's the killer. French and Russian... ahhh.
    Mm... To me the typical Russian accent is anything BUT cute. It's actually quite horrid. But the slavic beauty more than makes up for it ;).

Comment

• theaddict
      • Apr 2008

ok, i dont like snobish girls, thats for sure...i was just talking about their look.
      no seriously, its just a superficial thought of mine wandering around Berlin, the capital of alternative women, where wearing high heels at daytime will attract bad comments since no woman seems to care about dressing like a female...Paris is heaven!
      And the accent...a woman speaking german with french accent just lets my heart melt...
      But i must admit, i have no clue how cool/not cool the parisiennes are...
      Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• hobo
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by galia View Post
        well parisian girls can't cook mostly, but russian women can (I love clichés)
        I am half of both and it has never really helped me in life, so this attraction you speak of remains a total mystery to me
        Ok, now I’ve got it! I think that you're probably basing you assumptions on the fact that you don't get approached by foreigners, very often. You see men are a bit stupid and a lot more timid than they like to pretend, so if you’re half Russian and Half French, super cool attitude probably scares them! The problem is that you’re always concentrating on where you’re going (looking straight ahead). I see many Parisian girls doing this...
        ...Now, if you take the time to stop and look behind you, once in a while, you’ll see all the men falling over and walking into lamp posts!

Try it, you’ll see.
        "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

Comment

• hobo
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by eat me View Post
          Mm... To me the typical Russian accent is anything BUT cute. It's actually quite horrid. But the slavic beauty more than makes up for it ;).

You've obviously never heard the St Petersburg accent, whispering sweet nothings in your ear. They don't all sound like Boris the Blade you know!
          "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

Comment

• CommieRabbit
            • Oct 2007

The problem is that you’re always concentrating on where you’re going (looking straight ahead). I see many Parisian girls doing this...
            ...Now, if you take the time to stop and look behind you, once in a while, you’ll see all the men falling over and walking into lamp posts!
            I just moved to Paris 3 weeks ago and this is truest thing I've ever heard about Parisian girls. Although, I'm growing weary of gladiator sandal and rolled-up blazer clad girls on their cellphones knocking everyone on the street without paying the slightest attention. This combined with that bubbly gamine-level maturity a lot of them have drives me crazy. Oh well, way better looking than Toronto chicks so all is good. Love this city.

Comment

• galia
              • Jun 2009

hahaha people be dissin'
              however, you are all right about us, we are ditzy, rude and we all dress the same. but we do it on purpose, since it's fun and foreigners still love it

(disclaimer : I have never owned gladiator sandals, nor do I ever plan to. plus, I am mean but polite : I will bump into people then snap an appology)
              (diclaimer 2 : they gave me champagne at work, sorry about the silly posting)

Comment

• MikeN
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by dndy1840 View Post
                Yes, I saw Mike in Le Marais the other day and he was definitely well-dressed. Suits him very well !
                ahhh haha, not the first SZer to mention they've seen me in Paris without approaching me! why so shy, SZ?

Comment

• MikeN
                  • Nov 2007

I'm with you on that one Addict. I can't think of anywhere I'd like to live more. I've already got a wife and she's the most beautiful Russian (Ruskaya) in the world... and the accents cute as hell too!

Maybe me and you should open a store... Show Armand (L'Eclaireur) how it's done
                  Ahh haha funny you mention that because the girl that took these WAYWT photos is probably the most gorgeous Russian girl I've ever met, and we were in the marais!

Comment

• hobo
                    • Jul 2009

Heaven

I'm just a sucker for beautiful women, I can't help it!

Comment

• dndy1840
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
                      ahhh haha, not the first SZer to mention they've seen me in Paris without approaching me! why so shy, SZ?
                      Yes, I am kind of shy (and was in a bit of a rush). And above all, I don't like to be recognized on the street by "strangers" (I post on french forums), so I assumed it was the same for you. But next time I will come and say hi

And galia, you definitely sound like a parisienne, and I totally agree with you. But french are experts in appearing not to pay attention (whereas every girl I know is dying for men looking at their, let's assume, steez)

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by galia View Post
                        well parisian girls can't cook mostly, but russian women can (I love clichés)
                        I am half of both and it has never really helped me in life, so this attraction you speak of remains a total mystery to me
                        Not the ones in America.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

You've obviously never heard the St Petersburg accent, whispering sweet nothings in your ear. They don't all sound like Boris the Blade you know!
                          Yeah, last time Boris the Blade whispered sweet nothings into eat_me's ears, that did not end too well.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• hobo
                            • Jul 2009

White leather m.a+ shirt,
                            (It's mine DHC, all mine)
                            Black LUC cashmere t-shirt,
                            DRKSHDW dust jeans (women's Berlin hipsters),
                            (Hey I've got legs most women would kill for; I may as well make the most of them!!!)
                            August boots
                            Werkstatt Munchen skull ring
                            Antique silver necklace
                            Yohji wallet chain

Comment

• hobo
                              • Jul 2009

Agreed. I wore black because it's cold here, AGAIN! I don't have any pale pullovers but I do have a washed out grey 0044 one on underneath the LUC cashmere. Hopefully it will warm up when I get to London later!

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by corsair sanglot
                                m-m you have to stop posting waywts in that cloak blazer. they're just a constant reminder that it's never going to pop up in my size. :(
                                I'm so sorry

Hobo, those last two outfits are splendid !

And I want your avatar.
                                I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                                I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍