Thread: What are you wearing today?

I really hate it when guys try to emasculate other guys by pointing out some feminine-leaning perception, be it the shape of their shoes or the way they happen to be standing. It's the dude equivalent of how woman get catty by putting another female down. Some of you are making it sound like he's wearing goddamn pantyhose just because he's got on skinny pants (even leggings don't qualify as "tights", FYI). And since when did non-clunky shoes suddenly become "dance shoes"? pfff..

Pardon me for saying so, Pumpfish, but judging from your recent post in Men's Fragrances below, you don't exactly strike me as a paragon of masculinity yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpfish View Post
    I use a clean vetiver on top of Creed's Bois Du Portugal.
    Thus, when I read your advice for alex.a to ".. consider swapping tights and dancing shoes for tight jeans and anchor with boots", it carried little value, compared to the respect it may've received had you been a bit more, well.. respectful.

Let's not forget, gentlemen, that most of you – with your fine woolens & hand-cobbled footwear – would be called out as ballerinas in a heartbeat outside of the artisanal vacuum in which you reside. Simply walking down the wrong street in a "less-than-enlightened" part of town would do it. Hell, who are we kidding – judgments based on dress still fly in all but the most urban of environs; just about every suburban 'hood will likely offer each of you at least one "fuck off, you pansy" at some point in time.
    There exists a thread called "Strangers reactions to your clothes" on this very forum for a reason..

Note to alex.a: (this isn't the time to bow to dumb pressure/ apologize for your own style/ concede anything to those living in glass houses. Fuck that. It's where you throw down a couple of these: to show just how much you care.)

sain't

Quote Originally Posted by interest1 View Post
    ...outside of the artisanal vacuum in which you reside.
    Love that line.

I don't find anything particularly feminine with his outfit...I still don't care for it, but nothing in it spoke to me as being anti-masculine.

...I live in a tranny populated neighbourhood, so maybe I'm jaded, but I happen to like a bit of androgyny anyway.

Question - is there a WAYWT thread for just pictures? I like reading the snark, but sometimes I just want to browse without 10 pages of arguments between each pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    Question - is there a WAYWT thread for just pictures? I like reading the snark, but sometimes I just want to browse without 10 pages of arguments between each pic.
    Answer - yes. it's called lookbook.nu
    . . . go check it out.
    sain't

Quote Originally Posted by interest1 View Post
    Answer - yes. it's called lookbook.nu
    . . . go check it out.
    If those were the outfits I wanted to see, I'd hang out in front of American Apparel.

alex.a's look was certainly one for manly men around 1350...

^ I'd hit it

Quote Originally Posted by mrbeuys View Post
    With a beard no less. Srsly, I think this ain't bad at all, even with the shoes, but I would definitely go for something chunkier on the feet myself. But maybe I just need more support to stand straight.
    The dreamy look however... dude, there better be a fair maiden on a balcony to your right. With you about to break into song...
    Hey, don't shoot the messenger!

Interest1, we can only discuss how people look, now who they are. Maybe alex.a is a UFC champion, but the tighties with repettoes definitely LOOK emasculating.

And, Shucks, we aren't in 14th Century, sorry.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

sain't

Quote Originally Posted by Mail-Moth View Post
    ^^ I don't get the 'tight' thing. Where did I write something about people 'wearing the tight clothes' in the last few pages ?
    As for the rest, I agree, I dress boringly, always wear the same stuff and look older than my age. And why would I bother giving another image of myself when this one sounds so accurate ?
    I don't care about looking young or 'fucking shit up'. At all. Some people here will never understand that, some others do, I'm fine with both.
    Upsilonking is a rebel, you see - like Good Charlotte. Real punk rock. Hangs out with Avril Lavigne and shit. It's hard core. No place for for old, contemplative fuckers like you in his life.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Heirloom

and the hidden insult to all women is the use of the word emasculating as something bad, insinuating that it would inherently be worse to be feminine than masculine. which is not true.

/\ oh, stop your whining, you queen.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Heirloom

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    My 7year old daughter said you look like a girl.
    what does she know?

Not much. I just thought it was funny. You don't have to get all gay rights and kumbaya on me.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Heirloom

not whining, just stating facts.

what bothers me is that so few in here don't confront you about your attitude problems. they only do it outside the forum.

fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

.Outside the forum and 2 miles down..

.well you know I couldn't very well resist..
    sain't

Heirloom

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.
    well, you did just tell me to go fuck myself and calling me a queen.

i was gonna invite you for next time me and interest1 have cupcakes in paris, but now i dont know.

ugh.

where's an eye rolling gif when i need one

i didn't get attitude at all out of faust's post. i got humor. i got realism. its ok to poke fun at ourselves. i mean dude's outfit is a little feminine. but shit so is me taking the time to write about another man's outfit. and using the word outfit. i swear if the guys in the next room saw me writing this right now i'd get shit all day long. trust me. but i don't care i like nice things and pretty clothes so fuck ya'll...i mean this is reality. and stereotypes exist and always will and are often rooted in some form of truth wrapped up in a pile of lies and people are ignorant and unevolved and always will be and it is all ridiculous.

did anyone see the FDR pic i put up in style inspirations?

wait, anyway, i think what's kinda annoying heirloom is the predictability with which you come swooping in anytime there is even a remotely questionable comment made with respect to sexuality and i think even more so with respect to gender issues. i mean honestly man relax do u think there is even one genuine homophobe or sexist anywhere on this forum? i don't. really, i don't. life is life and its absurd and we are all weird in our own way and it would be unbearable if it weren't so fuckin funny...
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Heirloom View Post
    what bothers me is that so few in here don't confront you about your attitude problems. they only do it outside the forum.
    cos people be scared of that ban-hammer!

dont hurt me!

This is the only thing i can respect for pretending to know everything

Some criticism, as well put as it is, could live with something that makes it look like a personal opinion, and not some unwritten law.

Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post
    alex.a's look was certainly one for manly men around 1350...
    This outfit is for manly men 2011.

That is why (with some personal experiences):

You wear tight pants

> you can (and where I live will) be called gay, laughed at or beaten up

> you have the balls to continue to wear them because it is YOU

> having balls makes you a man, gay, bi-sexual, or straight, but a man.

Care to explain why a man is not manly in your eyes. We have 2011, for god's sake.