X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by deleuze View Post
    The Saville Row is a good point but I think in general this is recognized and most of the complaints come when the outfit does look too generic. Also the crooked austerity which is essential to Poell's design should not encompass all flawed fits whether it be sleeves hanging off the hands, puckering around the shoulders or extra long pants with weird bunching.
    I don't think it does though, we're talking about a very intentional alteration of body proportions not bad tailoring or fit. If someone can't distinguish between those two I think he should look at more "traditional" tailoring.
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• christianef
      • Feb 2009

yeah its just common sense/ courtesy. negative comments will invariably come off as more confrontational as it is human nature to be more sensitive towards negativity. while saying something nice and simple like 'looks good' with little to no rationale is essentially as pointless as saying something mean...talking ish from the get go is always going to make you look like you just want attention. like guys who take the asshole i dont care appraoch to trying to get a girl to notice them or something it just comes off as kind of pathetic and childish initially.

Comment

• HWith
        • May 2007

I get your point regarding bad fit vs. good fit, and I agree, even though I'd still like more arguments when a "good fit" is posted.

As I wrote in a previous post, I understand the need for credibility before making a negative comment if you are not going to give constructive criticism. And of course, criticism should always be constructive. The thing is that it is apparently not the case when it comes to old members criticizing new members. The RO-guy in the yes/no-thread comes to mind, but also the other guy who posted that outfit with the v-neck in here recently. Anyways.

I haven't handled much CCP at all, so I cannot say if the pieces are overrated or not. My point is that people often post pretty bad outfits in terms of fit, silhouette etc. wearing those clothes but are praised anyways. I don't mind the individual pieces, it's the overall impression that is often pretty bad.

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
        Why I got a bit frustrated was because of what I bolded in your above post.

"Great fit!" encourages people to do post more and let them know that you appreciate/like their effort/input. "Shitty fit!" has much less benefit.

It's like meeting a new friend. When the relationship is new, you can't say somethings that you would like to say, even if it's true. Why? Because it's a dick thing to do when you are new. But once you've earned some trust and credibility, it's easier to say what you want. Anybody can register under any anonymous alias and post crap. Why not post your crap after people know more about you.

Want to know something interesting? I agree with you about CCP that it's overrated in my personal opinion. But I don't make a general comment saying everybody looks shit in it. Why? Because I haven't handled any of the pieces and if 'respectable' people really like it, there is probably a reason for it. As to what it is, I still can not really see.

Comment

• AVALANCHE
          • Mar 2010

I am sorry if I caused a commotion.
          I understand that I am a new user, but it certainly doesnt mean I am not knowledgeable when it comes to the brands we speak of over here.

Ive lurked here for years to be honest, but somehow found it compelling to post now that this forum is in its stage of decay thanks to the influx of mindless hype-monkeys off late.

Let me quote a respectable member here and say that 'the ultimate prevailing logic is whether something looks sick as fuck'
          - somehow, in ohwehmirs case, I feel it doesnt.

If he is comfortable in his clothes- good for him.
          I personally, find the overall look a little odd and forced- not to mention a little dorky. Ask him to take that jacket off and you have a cotton shirt tucked into a pair of ill fitting boar leather pants- and a pair of rubber dipped sneakers that seem totally out of place.

Do I care if this outfit has interesting textures- No. Why? because if I walk past this guy im not going to be zooming in on some boar nipple on his pants. OK hes got some boar tits on his pants... I get the carol bit. There are so many pieces of carol that he could have chosen to buy/wear, but when I see people praising what is essentially a carol fail(boar pants), Im left questioning myself if something is wrong with me or has the glorification of CCP, MA+ and Altieri gone to new heights.

This forum seeks to liberate fashion from consumerism- and I see anything but liberation. The downward spiral begun at the origin of the HOF thread- and now we have newbies who spend thousands of dollars on outfits that would win them approval among the exalted clique online and yet manage to look sillier than ever. Is this a forum that caters to intellectuals or the new albino geek?

OK enough meandering- I Hope you understand where I am coming from now.

I understand that this would come harsh on ohwehmir. Ive seen your outfits, some have been good- mostly quite dramatic.
          I have no idea what you do, and I have no right to question you on your purchases. Its just that your recent one was anything but interesting- if the clothes were not ccp, your post would have been lost in the sea of mediocre photos.

Heres my 2 cent essay.

X

Comment

• christianef
            • Feb 2009

true, but another focus of the forum is 'design.' i could knock off a good lot of ann at thrift stores or forever 21 and it would probably look just as good/all the same in a picture or when you pass me in the street. so at the same time the emphasis cant be entirely on what looks sick. it has to feel sick, etc which is hard to convey in pics and can lead to the assumption were all mindless label whores at times.

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

^^ self appointed judges judge more than they have sold
              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                are julius leathers supposed to pull like that across the chest, etc.? my impression was that it was ill fitting.

it is cut tight in the chest. mine pulls a bit, but not nearly as much as sargon's.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Avalanche, I am glad you decided to grace us with your presence just as this community is in its final stages of decay. Can I change your screenname to Jesus?
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Jorge Hache
                    • Sep 2006

Comment

• FlintsDoorknob
                      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by HWith View Post
                      I agree with Avalanche about the fact that many of the outfits praised in here are mediocre if not bad in terms of overall fit and look. It is somewhat interesting to note that the praise of the bad fits are especially common when the person in queestion is wearing CCP or M.A.

I don't think it's a coincidence that when a good CCP/M.A fit is posted once in a rare while, you see a lot of comments such as "Usually I don't like CCP/M.A, but this is great". The truth is that most fits by those designers in here are rather bad, but when someone actually manages to pull it off, it's awesome.

Also it's kinda silly that as long as you think something is good, you can post along all you want, but as soon as you ask a negative question you are to write an essay in defense of your view if you're to be taken seriously. But of course, this only goes for a new member that makes a non-praising comment about an old member. When it's the other way around all old members are welcome in the blood bath. Just look at the Yes/No-thread with the guy in the RO-store.
                      This is why I like anonymous message boards as opposed to traditional ones. Too much drama no one has time for.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                        • Nov 2007

i think the idea of a "good" fit is dubious at best and to me is only valid when it comes to sizing and proportion: stuff that is clearly too small does not fit "good" nor does some of the exaggerated and/or excessive drapery that appears in this thread from time to time. that said i don't think owm's intention is to look "good" in any conventional sense and he is clearly and consistently drawn to unusual and even awkward outfits and items that distort his silhouette. to suggest that this should fit in some pre-determined way is to miss the point and to argue that were this not ccp it would not look good is redundant. the point is that it IS ccp and i don't think owm's intention is to light up his local dance club in this outfit. i'm not suggesting that owm's latest fit is in any way beyond reproach but rather that the idea of clothes needing to fit one in a "flattering" way may be too loaded and simplistic for the purposes of this thread.
                        LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by AVALANCHE View Post
                          I am a new user
                          hmm... I'm a bit skeptical about this?
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            it is cut tight in the chest. mine pulls a bit, but not nearly as much as sargon's.
                            I think it's totally your choice, realistically a size 3 in Julius is a 46 in my opinion. With the SS10 leather, I would say everyone is wearing it smaller than intended...at least by runway standards

In this case...AW to SS ...both are the same size...

...so it's your choice how you choose to wear it...

Comment

• BeauIXI
                              • Nov 2008

46?! Jeez, I thought 3 was more like a 48... That would make a size 1... 42? Sargon, your jacket will stretch to a perfect size- the leather is quite thick, right? A bit of stretching fluid and a couple sleeps and you'll be golden.
                              Originally posted by philip nod
                              somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
                                46?! Jeez, I thought 3 was more like a 48... That would make a size 1... 42? Sargon, your jacket will stretch to a perfect size- the leather is quite thick, right? A bit of stretching fluid and a couple sleeps and you'll be golden.
                                Yeah, a 46/slim 48, might be more fair, but the last two seasons have been running this way, in pants, jackets, etc.. Julius is still very much cut for a Japanese market, I would say a size 1 is generally cut for a 42-44.

The leather on that jacket is actually on the thinner side [possibly their thinnest to date] but I am sure it will have some give to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎