X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbeuys
    • May 2008

Eternal - looking great there.

Excuse the douchey Mr Porter pose on this one.
    Today felt like a good day for Lang.

Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
      • Mar 2009

^ I love that one. What shoes/boots are you wearing ? Looks like RO combat or something like that.
      I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
      I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• mrbeuys
        • May 2008

Correct, Rick Combats. Wish I had a pair of HL derbies or boots to match.
        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• jogu
          • Jun 2009

that hl fit is the fuckin bomb , i always love nice tailored blazers with fits

Comment

• Mail-Moth
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Christian View Post
            ( I've never really been convinced by the "multiples shadows of black" argument)
            It sure has become gimmicky here, but I wouldn't blame it on the idea itself. Since we've already had this conversation here I don't find it necessary to go through it once again.

But on another note, when browsing this thread, I often wonder what's so wrong with colours. And I don't mean earth tones, here. I mean colours. It is somewhat weird. Focalizing on cuts and materials is all good, but I can't see why matching colours doesn't seem to be perceived as part of the same mind game.

Comment

• modern77
              • Oct 2006

Most of the designers discussed here tend to focus on a limited palette, so the fits here seem to reflect that.

Been getting more interested in colour myself. But it's quite a step when your wardrobe has been void of colour for sometime.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                • Mar 2009

^And a great piece. Who/when is it from ?

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                  • Mar 2009

She did quite a good job ! Very CDG indeed. I find the body length perfect as it is, BTW. Had it been shorter, the whole would have lacked balance IMO. What will you wear with that ?

modern77 : I don't know. It's certainly the case for a good part of those designers, but the big ones like Ann D, Yohji or CDG, are far from being complete strangers to colours; even Harnden or MA+ - I remember pics from a past SS collection from the latter that was surprisingly bright. And think of Augusta footwear : not everything there is black or greyish.

So I wouldn't put the blame on the designers themselves. Maybe it is because only the mutest pieces make it to the stores favoured by the people here; But I assume the reason is that those stores only order what will be sold the most easily, according to what they know of their clients taste, as it is partly illustrated on this forum.

Snake biting its own tail, more or less ?

Comment

• modern77
                    • Oct 2006

Mail-moth, I agree that the colour contributions of the designers favoured here are often overlooked. Though, I still contend that those contributions are in the minority.

Maybe it is also a function of how people develop wardrobes. I can't speak for all, but I would guess that forum members make purchases that they believe will fit in seamlessly with the rest of their clothing. Given the expense, I think it is also a practical solution.

Comment

• michael_kard
                      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                      Eternal - looking great there.

Excuse the douchey Mr Porter pose on this one.
                      Today felt like a good day for Lang.
                      Amazing.
                      ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                      Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                        • Oct 2010

Mr Bueys: such a refreshing and hot fit. God, it's so great to see Lang on men right now. What is the knit piece? A cardigan? A sweater with a deep v? I love it. HOF, for me. (I think that's the 2nd time I've called for that in the WAYWT thread!)

MM: zoot-suit? I am in complete agreement re: the black on black on black. I once posted a fit with a tank with red & white stripes that so startled you that you remarked (nicely) on it. I think the tide will change though...

Rilu: OMG, your tailor. I dream of taking some of the japanese silks (from vintage kimono) I've collected to have them made into dream pieces. Wow. Perhaps, I should be sending your tailor some of my fabrics - I'll just ask her to make me your kimono jacket since it's so lovely!

MBD
                        "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                        It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                        My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                          • May 2008

Thanks. Knit is the thing in the middle. Cashmere and took me forever to track it down.

Comment

• thee_vultures _actress
                            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by modern77 View Post
                            Maybe it is also a function of how people develop wardrobes. I can't speak for all, but I would guess that forum members make purchases that they believe will fit in seamlessly with the rest of their clothing. Given the expense, I think it is also a practical solution.
                            exactly! i´d love to do more colour, but my budget is limited and so i try to match cut/silhouette first before i think of colour. not that i go all black, but as M-M mentions, dull and earthy pallettes are still easier to incorporate.

and: rilu looking lovely again!

Comment

• CHRIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2006

love the lack of black, M-M. my eyes literally popped open while i was scrolling down the page

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                                • Sep 2009

rilu, the jacket is so gorgeous
                                maybe it would go well with some pants that have some volume up at the top but are tapered at the bottom.

mrbeuys - that is the perfect balance of formal/relaxed. you might as well post straight into the hof.
                                http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎