Thread: What are you wearing today?

  1. #47261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick-A-Doodle View Post
    Rick jumpsuit SS14, Rick laceless hikers FW14.
    Honestly, if you just google "Rick Owens Jumpsuit" you'll see how it's supposed to be worn, and it's not with shoes like that.

    There is meant to be a gap between footwear and the jumpsuit, unless it's the knitted one from Sphinx, and even then it only doesn't have the gap because of the slender, high-leg sneaker/boot it's paired with. Even if you're going for the Moody jumpsuit look, even though this one is the summer weight jumpsuit, those shoes are still not a match for that aesthetic b/c they don't go all the way up under the jumpsuit to the knees.

    Without the gap you look very small and frumpy, even though you aren't.

    Also, $50 Mark Jacobs combat boots are not "identical" to Rick Owens combat boots, no matter how much you want that to be true.
    Last edited by Defender; 12-08-2015 at 03:39 PM.

  2. #47262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    how it's supposed to be worn
    I didnít know clothes came with an instruction.

  3. #47263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nickefuge View Post
    I didnít know clothes came with an instruction.
    Really? Well, now you do. They have fashion shows for a reason...to express the vision of the designer. Deviation is fine, if it looks good, but that's a big if, and in this case it doesn't.

  4. #47264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Really? Well, now you do. They have fashion shows for a reason...to express the vision of the designer. Deviation is fine, if it looks good, but that's a big if, and in this case it doesn't.
    The vision of the designer shouldn't override the vision of the wearer; what you're recommending takes out the individual's creativity in how he/she dresses. Your idea - if I understand you correctly - is essentially sticking to "off the runway" looks that say more about the designer and very little about the wearer -- which in my opinion is wrong (consumerism/uninspired).

    Nice fit rick-a-doodle, I think the bigger footwear you chose work because they balance out your broad(er) shoulders (if this was on a person who had a smaller frame, I don't think it would look very nice).

  5. #47265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GucciAmen View Post
    The vision of the designer shouldn't override the vision of the wearer; what you're recommending takes out the individual's creativity in how he/she dresses. Your idea - if I understand you correctly - is essentially sticking to "off the runway" looks that say more about the designer and very little about the wearer -- which in my opinion is wrong (consumerism/uninspired).
    I'll say it again because you guys seem to need everything pointed out multiple times before understanding: Deviation is fine, if it looks good, but that's a big if, and in this case it doesn't.

    Literally go to google and search rick owens jumpsuit and you'll see many people wearing this jumpsuit, looking good, and almost all of them will be wearing lower shoes, like Island Dunks, and a few will have full Moody elephant leg boots.

    This one is very simple. I can't believe this discussion is even happening. It has even come up before for this jumpsuit.

  6. #47266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    They have fashion shows for a reason...to express the vision of the designer.
    I don’t think you got what Rick is about.

    EDIT: Your critique of his fit was legitimate, but your argument wasn’t, at least to me.
    It reads like you’re confusing fashion with cosplay.

  7. #47267
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    59

    Default

    I disagree with your statement. Fashion shows aren't meant to instruct you to wear your clothes in a certain way, as far as i know, it's a way to present what the designers have created and a way to see progress (don't know if thats the right word for it) from the last collection. In my opinion, you can wear the clothes you buy however the hell you want, you show off the designers vision in your own way, and that must be somewhat exciting for the designer too right? (Depending on the designer of course) For a designer to see her/his vision presented in different ways, there is no big if. Personally i like Rick-a-doodles look more than the instructed gap between footwear and jumpsuit look.

  8. #47268
    Senior Member bukka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Cheese and Chocolate
    Posts
    821

    Default

    Dude is be trolling around for some time now, I shall recommend the fantastic "ignore" option available on the User CP.
    Eternity is in love with the productions of time

  9. #47269

    Default

    Whether one should adhere to the way a designer displays the work or not misses the point. The boots just don't work for the outfit. The boots drag down an otherwise really light and airy jumpsuit.

  10. #47270
    kitsch killer Faust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Long hard road out of hell
    Posts
    37,803

    Default

    In this case I will side with the Defender's opinion, though not with his method of expressing it.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

    StyleZeitgeist Magazine

  11. #47271

    Default

    There actually is a gap, but I had long socks on when I opened the package. But alas, its ruined. Except in this look theres not much of a gap, at all. And it's straight from Rick himself! Now I don't know what to think!

    That being said, I don't mind the bigger boots. I'm not a frail human, and have particularly large legs, so small footwear can look funny.

  12. #47272

    Default

    You'll notice the horizontal lines in these boots break up the look, despite the boots being high. They also have white lines for more visual contrast.

    Also, there is a good and noticeable gap here that is not present in yours.

    I'm glad that you went to source material for corrective inspiration and discussion of critical analysis as opposed to saying ignore people or posturing like a lot of people do on here lately.

  13. #47273

    Default



    Hat- Paul Harnden
    Shirt- Poeme Bohemien
    Coat- A Red August (find him in the DIY section)
    Boots- Guidi

  14. #47274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    You'll notice the horizontal lines in these boots break up the look, despite the boots being high. They also have white lines for more visual contrast.

    Also, there is a good and noticeable gap here that is not present in yours.

    I'm glad that you went to source material for corrective inspiration and discussion of critical analysis as opposed to saying ignore people or posturing like a lot of people do on here lately.
    look I understand that you do not subscribe to personal style but people should be able to wear whatever they want however they want, now if they look like clowns with the stuff they mixed then that is their poor level of coordination. I do not know why you walk around here with a big stick when your fits are super low level, why should anyone respect your comments at all besides following the forum rules and just having basic human communication skills.

    this is not #menswear or thom browne where there are rules (although most of the time broken anyways) the guy just has a bunch of rick on.


    I used to be like you and In a way I still am, I dont buy a lot of brands and stick to fits that are relatively similar to the brand image, but I do not see how your fits are here to inspire anyone to wear head to toe in season runway.

    anyways


    a little bit ago
    Quote Originally Posted by unwashed View Post
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahimsa View Post
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

  15. #47275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
    look I understand that you do not subscribe to personal style
    I think we understand each other.

    You're actually one of the few remaining posters who does wear head to toe current season, which I enjoy. I have liked some of your Julius fits, even though I really dislike Julius, simply because you went all in on the current season, the dedication to which I enjoy as an ethos.

    Regards

  16. #47276

    Default

    I think he pointed out you're an irrelevant dick, actually, so that's good to hear.

  17. #47277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkady View Post
    I think he pointed out you're an irrelevant dick, actually, so that's good to hear.
    You poor dear. Go get some fresh air.

  18. #47278

    Default

    I'm more the type to keep it authentic indoors with some good 19th century literature, mate

  19. #47279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by round View Post

    Hat- Paul Harnden
    Shirt- Poeme Bohemien
    Coat- A Red August (find him in the DIY section)
    Boots- Guidi
    how is poeme shirting? heard mixed things about it, but want to give it a shot, as i wasn't super fussed about my ph shirt either. maybe i'm just picky

    looks great, though, i have to say i prefer a slimmer look when it comes to these brands, as opposed to giant, wide, cropped trousers.

  20. #47280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gregor View Post
    how is poeme shirting? heard mixed things about it, but want to give it a shot, as i wasn't super fussed about my ph shirt either. maybe i'm just picky

    looks great, though, i have to say i prefer a slimmer look when it comes to these brands, as opposed to giant, wide, cropped trousers.
    Poeme shirting runs a size large from my experience, I think the quality is quite nice, at least from what I have handled thus far, its definitely worth giving it a shot and seeing if you like it, especially with the low prices on yoox.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •