• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Sizing help

[quote user="soultek"]Need help with estimating sizing for a pair of Ann D. boots. I've heard one should size down? I'm normally a 45 (sz 11), which is what I wear in Guidi's. I am a 44 in C Diem (which tends to run big). I tried on the 43.5 and they felt slightly small in width, so I feel a 44 in Ann D. should be fine. Then again, I tried on an old (FW06?) pair of sz 44 sneakers by her and they were too small. thoughts?
    [/quote]

I believe her footwear these days runs true to size. Anything from more than 3-4 seasons ago runs one size larger.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• soultek
      • Feb 2007

Ahh, thanks guys, I think it's probably best for me to try togo bymeasurments since it sounds like her sizing is a little random..

Comment

• sam_tem
        • Apr 2007

so does anyone know how those DRKSHDW berlin cut jeans fit?

slim and true to size?

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

it fits true to size in the waist, the legs are fairly slim, but not skinny like Cloak.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• matthewhk
            • Jan 2007

need help from Dior fans on here...

has anyone seen/tried this jacket on? Wondering how short it is compared to the usual Dior sporty jackets...that picture makes it look really short, yet i saw pics of Hedi wearing it and it looked normal. Wondered if sizing up a few would end up with a more regular fit.

Comment

• analog
              • Dec 2006

Hey Matt - nice to see you posting again :)

The website says it's 60cm long.

SHORT,
              SOFT WASHED LAMBSKIN LEATHER JACKET WITH ZIP CUFFS, CLASSIC COLLAR,
              FOUR BUTTON PATCH POCKETS, AND ZIP CLOSURE. BACK LENGTH: 60 CM.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Can someone tell me how Rick Owens pants in M fit? Actual waist?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• drexl
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]Can someone tell me how Rick Owens pants in M fit? Actual waist?
                  [/quote]

My creased-cotton poplin jeans are around a 35 actual waist for a size L, but I don't know if it's consistent across all his bottom types.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="drexl"]

[quote user="Faust"]Can someone tell me how Rick Owens pants in M fit? Actual waist?
                    [/quote]

My creased-cotton poplin jeans are around a 35 actual waist for a size L, but I don't know if it's consistent across all his bottom types.

[/quote]

I will go ahead and hope that an M is a 32. Thanks.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

Faust, I think it just all depends on the pant. I have the flat front pants from SS07 in a medium and they measure about 33" or so. But I also tried on the Medium in the cotton jeans and they were about a 31" waist....typical RO. :)
                      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Originate
                        • Sep 2007

I'm looking into buying a pair of N(N) jeans. I already have Dior made in japan 19cm in a size 30,and they were really tight initially,but after losing a little bit of weight,after a wash,theyre a little loose. And I have tsubi deedee's in a 30,and theyre tight,but fit great. Anyone have suggestions on what to wear in N(N) jeans? I was suggested a size 2,but wanted to see if anyone else has personal experience..thank you..

Comment

• kompressorkev
                          • Dec 2006

not sure about older seasons, but i tried on the F/W 07 skinny jeans, and they were really skinny. i'm normally a 32 waist, i fit 32 in neil barrett, jan & carlos, 30 in dior raw, 32-34 in cloak, for reference. in the N(n), i tried a size 4 and still too skinny. i would have to size up to size 5 but the store didn't stock it. maybe it's just the cut, or i had gained weight over summer? for you, size 2 or 3 sounds about right...and i'mthinking sizing up to a 3 might be good based on my experience, and i don't think they'll stretch either.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

A also has some n(n) jeans and i think that they're not as skinny as previous jeans. so you may be able to get a two in them? you should ask chris about his pair.
                            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="kompressorkev"]not sure about older seasons, but i tried on the F/W 07 skinny jeans, and they were really skinny. i'm normally a 32 waist, i fit 32 in neil barrett, jan & carlos, 30 in dior raw, 32-34 in cloak, for reference. in the N(n), i tried a size 4 and still too skinny. i would have to size up to size 5 but the store didn't stock it. maybe it's just the cut, or i had gained weight over summer? for you, size 2 or 3 sounds about right...and i'mthinking sizing up to a 3 might be good based on my experience, and i don't think they'll stretch either.[/quote]

Ever since Hedi Slimane started to set the tone on sizing, I stopped paying attention to the numbers on size labels.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Originate
                                • Sep 2007

thank you for your help guys!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢