X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soultek
    • Feb 2007

Re: CCP leather jacket

Kronik, I agree with most of the guys on here. Sounds like you're learning to swim by jumping in the deep end. I'd recommend a good place to start would be to try to pick up some boots by one of these designers. It will be way cheaper for you, probably mesh with your wardrobe better, and easier to find an appropriate size for you. Especially for someone w/ your build (I'm just a size down from you bro..) you can easily get burned when ordering something you haven't tried on in person. Almost all pieces I've gotten from phone, website, or ebay I have been dissappointed with.

While that jacket is sick (and looks great on the SZ member that posted picks), I worry that it might not be as versatile as you might think. It seems a little ackward wearing it open. If you're dead set on a CCP leather jacket, I'd think a standard overlock would be a better buy.

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Agreed with soultek. It's a severe jacket and if you haven't seen CCP leather or tried it on before you won't really know what that means I don't think. It's got a look and feel to it that doesn't quite translate in photos and even though it's black... it has a very specific look.

Boots are a great great great way to start with CCP. Literally build from the ground up. Look into accessories such as belts as well.... Carol is a genius with belt design!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ionn26
        • Feb 2007

Kronik,

I remember that I was in the same boat as you are when I made my first CCP purchase. THAT was a HUGE splurge for me. Especially when I actually made the leather trench purchase.

I don't think see it as a cost(although many would see it otherwise) but an investment in my wardrobe. Again, as been put forth by alot of people already that you need to branch out first (ie just like dating different people) and you will eventually find that if CCP is truly fits you.

The best way to start would be like Casius mentioned, Rick Owens. Although yes I am bias. I prefer RO. Margiela is always a good bet. and same with Raf and Dior(ok not the past few season but earlier seasons VOTC). The next one up would be MA+. Overtime. I have grown to realize that although the clothings are expensive it will last you forever..

Comment

• Divo
          • Mar 2007

What do you guys think of this suede shirt by Ruffo? I think it is amazing, but please let me know (and dont snatch it away in front of my eyes)[:'(]

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/RUFFO/...s/searchResult

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chim"]

so on a different CCP tangent, what do you guys think of that womens 40 green overlock that dude is selling on ebay? He refuses to put up real pictures of the product, but the measurements he provides are ridiculously short given the piece. It doesn't match the yoox picture; the measurements he gave pretty much crops the piece at a belly button length.

Is it worth bidding to try to get a steal, or would I most likely be burned?

[/quote]

That's weird - why wouldn't he put up real pictures? Sounds fishy.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Divo"]

What do you guys think of this suede shirt by Ruffo? I think it is amazing, but please let me know (and dont snatch it away in front of my eyes)[:'(]

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/RUFFO/...s/searchResult

[/quote]

Divo, I don't like the color, and since it's suede, you wouldn't be able to dye it. Also, like merz have mentioned before a leather shirt proper (not the CDiem style, which I consider a light leather jacket) is a bit strange. I would say no.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kronik
                • May 2007

lol, turns out Lazzari sold the fencing jacket anyways. ;) All this deliberation for nothing!

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Good for you, kronik.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• klangspiel
                    • Apr 2007

julius for women

For a change, Julius for women

Comment

• ionn26
                      • Feb 2007

On the side note... just read the news that Helmsley just left her dog a fortune of 12million mulla... man.. imagine all the CCP that you can wear with this kind of money.. what can a dog do with 12 million dollars..

Comment

• klangspiel
                        • Apr 2007

[quote user="ionn26"] what can a dog do with 12 million dollars..
                        [/quote]

CCP dog collars?

Comment

• gusgusterson
                          • Mar 2007

I know this sounds crazy, but I heard that Maurizio Amadei was considering releasing a line of dog clothing.

Comment

• ionn26
                            • Feb 2007

Ok.. fine.. I guess every dog has its day.. [:$]

Comment

• H-R
                              • May 2007

[quote user="ionn26"]On the side note... just read the news that Helmsley just left her dog a fortune of 12million mulla... man.. imagine all the CCP that you can wear with this kind of money.. what can a dog do with 12 million dollars..
                              [/quote]

i hear iggy pop singing "i wanna be your dog"

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

hello. first post. really appreciate the enthusiasm on this board. i've been loosely following this CCP fencing jacket thread as it snakes through forums as best I can and i wanted to offer my thoughts on it since I have indeed purchased the jacket a few weeks ago. when i saw this piece on atelier's website, I gasped. i've never gasped when looking at clothing. i've been spending way to much money on clothes lately, the obsession started with cloak in 04 then went to dior, thom browne, (the 9 yr uniformed catholic school boy in me. btw MA+ mid size boots look great with TB, i know how much everybody here loves thom so perhaps i should shut up), then detoured through number nine, demueleameester, and now is firmly lusting after MA+ and now CCP. even if i buy something buy MA+, it doesn't matter, i want something else by him, you know the story.
                                but i felt compelled to write because i liked CCP for a year, had bought a pair of rain trousers and was impressed by the tailoring and fit. I even bought the atelier suit thinking that it would grow on me in the fall...but it was the fencing jacket when all deals were off. without a doubt the coolest piece of clothing i've ever seen, worn, etc. now everything by CCP makes sense to me. seeing the video of the models s/s 2004 floating down the river also reinforced that he is an unbelievable artist.
                                for 5-6k in the art world you can't get much more than a small drawing. if you think of the fencing jacket as art, which i do, seems more than reasonable, kind of a steal actually. i feel really lucky to have gotten it.
                                so, kronik, if you can get one somehow, you really should because it's a phenemonal piece. you can start at the top because it activates everything at the bottom. i wouldn't say that about everything. this is a ligthning rod.
                                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎