Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Women's Footwear

Default Re: Women's Footwear

[quote user="laika"]

thanks for posting, kucejoe! I have to say, this is not a good season for shoes. [:(] The Dries ones are pretty, of course, and Yohji is Yohji.</p>

But those Ann shoes....not so good, I don't think. Almost ugly. [:S]</p>

[/quote]</p>

We saw those Ann shoes in Liberty on Sunday and were shocked how tacky they looked.
    </p>

[quote user="laika"]

thanks for posting, kucejoe! I have to say, this is not a good season for shoes. [:(] The Dries ones are pretty, of course, and Yohji is Yohji.</p>

But those Ann shoes....not so good, I don't think. Almost ugly. [:S]</p>

[/quote]</p>

With the Ann shoes, you are quite right, except for the almost part, they are just ugly. I love Ann D. but those seem to be made for a crazy 80 year old woman who pretends to be a witch in her spare time.</p>

I cannot really comment on whether this is a good season for shoes or not, but I can say that fall/winter shoes are always more appealing to me. I much prefer seeing a woman in a beautiful pair of boots to one in some strappy sandal.</p>

Anyways, the Dries is nice, but I quite like the Yohji...I'm a sucker for combat boots, the mary janes are nice (except I cannot fathom why they are around 900 US!!...and more expensive than the combat boots). However, the description of the Yohji tall boots makes them appealing: </p>

"<span id="contenu"><span style="font-family: Arial,Verdana,Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 9pt; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal; line-height: 13pt; color: rgb(204, 152, 152);">2 piece boot. Boot goes to the ankle with a side zipper, and top has side zipper closure with braided detail on side."</span></span>
    </p>

mmm... why am I always liking stuff other people here don't? haha. I kinda like the Ann D shoes this season, as much as I dont really like Ann D in general. On another note, I really like the blue pattent leather Marsell shoes this season. Might be hard to pull off, but the color is great and the shapes are interesting.

kucejoe, I agree about the Yohji shoes--those boots sound amazing! The only thing that bothers me is the pointed toe. [:(] I have noticed that Junya and Comme also do this Western style with their boots often. I love his footwear in general though--last spring he had these very cute plimsolls that I adored, but couldn't manage $400 for a canvas shoe! </p>

deuxmille, what blue patent (!) Marsell shoes? How do you like these Balenciagas for next fall? [:P]</p>

</p>

</p>
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

I just spilled my tea on my computer seeing those shoes, no kidding. I can't hate them because they remind me of those incredible jofa helmets in tron (see my avatar). I can't say I like them either, because they made me spill my tea ;)

You can see an example of the Marsell shoes in question at that link. Perhaps not the most flattering pictures, they actually look good in person. I think there's two other models that I can't seem to find online. <DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>http://www.luisaviaroma.com/ecnew/Collections/SchedaProd.aspx?Outlet=False&amp;CodStagione=45I&a mp;CodCollezione=0DX&amp;CodArticolo=10</DIV>

You can see an example of the Marsell shoes in question at that link. Perhaps not the most flattering pictures, they actually look good in person. I think there's two other models that I can't seem to find online. They would be even better without the light distressing.<DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>http://www.luisaviaroma.com/ecnew/Collections/SchedaProd.aspx?Outlet=False&amp;CodStagione=45I&a mp;CodCollezione=0DX&amp;CodArticolo=10</DIV>

[quote user="deuxmille"]I just spilled my tea on my computer seeing those shoes, no kidding. I can't hate them because they remind me of those incredible jofa helmets in tron (see my avatar). I can't say I like them either, because they made me spill my tea ;)[/quote]</p>

well, I posted them because they reminded me of Tron too, ha ha. [:P] Thought you might enjoy; sorry about the tea though!</p>

The Marsells are very cool--I love the color!</p>
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

More Ann D.</p>

</p>

More pictures available here</p>

The black ones are quite similar to the ones I posted earlier and I must say that in these pics they look a lot better (mostly because the leather looks great). While I am not an expert in the area, those thin heels (look at the linked photos for better views) look very hard to walk on (and keep your balance).
    </p>

I can't stop thinking about Yohji combat boots....[:$]</p>

[quote user="laika"]

I can't stop thinking about Yohji combat boots....[:$]</p>

[/quote]</p>

They are nice. I think the lacing sets them apart - it's very saturated, almost corset-like... sexy.</p>
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Premiata Donna</p>

</p>

</p>
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

TN_29</p>

</p>

</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Dries van Noten</p>

</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Dries van Noten, SS07</p>

</p>

CDG/Repetto</p>

</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Veronique Branquinho (Laika alert)</p>

</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Balenciaga SS08, fierce:</P>

</P>
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

[quote user="kucejoe"]

More Ann D.</p>

[/quote]</p>

MISS UPPED just got the flat strappy version of this black shoe and I like a lot...</p>

these are sexy.</p>

</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Dries van Noten</p>

</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine