Thread: Fragma by Peter Ceursters

Default Fragma by Peter Ceursters

Has anyone seen this in person? Looks very good on pictures. I'll check it out next time I am in Antwerp.

SS 06

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Default Re: Fragma by Peter Ceursters

shoes

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

When I lived in Antwerp I used to visit the Fragma shop all the time because they carry Chalayan, but I never took very much notice of the house line...hanging alongside the other labels they stock, it tends to fade into the background. It feels a little weird to see all this current press interest in it, because to me it's kind of like if everyone were to suddenly make a deal of the Barneys house line. That being said, it does seem like they've invested quite a bit in it this season, and the results are good, if somewhat Belgian-by-numbers.

I think it's a bit less typically Belgian than Droogist implies. The robe-style leather coat is very cute and the collection overall has a certain sleazy something. It's a little bit Camilla Staerk isn't it?

[quote user="droogist"]

When I lived in Antwerp I used to visit the Fragma shop all the time because they carry Chalayan, but I never took very much notice of the house line...hanging alongside the other labels they stock, it tends to fade into the background. It feels a little weird to see all this current press interest in it, because to me it's kind of like if everyone were to suddenly make a deal of the Barneys house line. That being said, it does seem like they've invested quite a bit in it this season, and the results are good, if somewhat Belgian-by-numbers.

[/quote]

I know the financial backer of this line is Russian - I accidentally met his brother (you never know who you can meet on a children's playground in New York [:)]. He was telling me how hard it is to penetrate the US market. Maybe this is why he's trying harder? What mention in the press did you see, droogist?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

^ Whoops, my mistake. Cerfas from tFS very recently posted a press bit on him which I assumed was current, but it turns out it was from last year. It's a strange coincidence that both of you started threads on him within such a short period of time. Must be something in the air...

is the robe supposed to be a boxer's robe? i'd imagine it presented in a different way if that was the case- i think it gives me too large of a conflicting image in my head. think it'd look better with something a bit more edgy? anyhow i like the skirt.

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

is the robe supposed to be a boxer's robe? i'd imagine it presented in a different way if that was the case- i think it gives me too large of a conflicting image in my head. think it'd look better with something a bit more edgy? anyhow i like the skirt.

[/quote]

Actually, it looks like a leather coat to me, that's why it got me interested! I wonder if that's indeed the case. The shoes are the sex. [U]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

i know it's a leather coat, but it looks like it's styled after a boxer's robe.

It does look like a boxer's robe and I love the contrast with the imp-ish girl's face sticking out.