X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • p2h
    • Jan 2014

Hi,
    just got those tornados from l'Eclaireur Herold this saturday, color 19 in ROOMS-PTC.
    It's my first Poell's picee
    I've seen it exists several forms for tornados as it stated on the tag mine are AM/2601L
    Do you know how much froms exist right now and what is the differences between them ?

Comment

• p2h
      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by BrianClevenger View Post
      Question for the group. I recently purchased a CCP CORS Fencing Jacket, size 46. It's lovely. But it could be taken in about an inch in the midsection and forearms. Not terribly noticeable, but it doesn't fit as well as my high-neck ROOMS jacket. Are there any tailors you could recommend to alter the jacket? I'm in San Francisco, but willing to ship it to a remarkable tailor. Unfortunately, CCP doesn't offer alterations. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
      I was trying on a cors fencing jacket this weekend and had the same feeling, sleeves are not as tight as I was expecting. I was wearing size 52 (my size) with a simple t shirt under but still I had the feeling it could be more fitted to the body.

Comment

• deaddilly
        • Feb 2021

To all,

Quick question re: care for my pair of Drip Derbys. The rubber is finally starting to wear down to the wood and I wanted to get some opinions on how I should recommend a cobbler protect them.

Beyond that - wondering what kind of oil/cream/brush care is standard around here. I've attached some photos of the shoes below. Also have a brand new pair of M_Moriabc derbys that I would like to plan future care for as well.

Kindest regards,

D

Comment

• Ahimsa
          Vegan Police
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by deaddilly View Post
          To all,

Quick question re: care for my pair of Drip Derbys. The rubber is finally starting to wear down to the wood and I wanted to get some opinions on how I should recommend a cobbler protect them.

Beyond that - wondering what kind of oil/cream/brush care is standard around here. I've attached some photos of the shoes below. Also have a brand new pair of M_Moriabc derbys that I would like to plan future care for as well.

Kindest regards,

D
          If going for longevity, I'd say to get vibram soles put on. Once the heel starts to wear down on the vibram, get shoe taps put in - then switch those out for new ones every time those get ground down. That's the most efficient method for sole longevity.
          If you want to keep the latex look, buy some liquid latex and apply / let dry. My Rombaut latex shoes came with a bottle of the stuff to apply as needed.

For brush method - personally, I use Saphir clear polish, and I typically apply it with a rounded sponge, then rub it in with a round shine brush in troubled spots, and finished it with a wider brush to get it all evenly spread. Use your own spit to clean up stains from stuff like beer / soda etc. The enzymes in your saliva cleans leather better than most anything tbh.
          StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Yerris
            • Apr 2021

Can anyone offer some links to video's or articles regarding Carol and his work? I'm interested to learn more. Please and thank you!

Comment

• Ahimsa
              Vegan Police
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Yerris View Post
              Can anyone offer some links to video's or articles regarding Carol and his work? I'm interested to learn more. Please and thank you!
              Yes, StyleZeitgeist actually did a podcast episode where they talked about Carol's work for well over an hour:
              Listen to this episode from StyleZeitgeist Podcast on Spotify. On this episode we discuss the work of the cult fashion designer Carol Christian Poell.Support the show
              Last edited by Ahimsa; 04-10-2021, 06:50 PM.
              StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Yerris
                • Apr 2021

Thanks a bunch!

Comment

• chiseledst
                  • Jun 2023

Anybody still around? I lost one of the zippers to my CCP AM/2601. It fell off and is long gone. Possible to source one somewhere or get repaired?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by chiseledst View Post
                    Anybody still around? I lost one of the zippers to my CCP AM/2601. It fell off and is long gone. Possible to source one somewhere or get repaired?
                    You can try emailing Poell directly - there is a contact email there. But if you bought second-hand, chances are it's better if you just replace both zippers with something similar.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎