X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

Word. I'll post some up tomorrow night when I get home.

P.S. Eastern Market also sent my package express when I paid for airmail, on the house! Such great customer service! :)
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• DHC
      • Jul 2007

^^ Sweet! Free upgrade to express on shipping is more than great customer service. It's LOVE! The sooner you get it, the better. Can't wait to see your pics.
      Originally posted by Faust
      fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• pipcleo
        • Jan 2007

yeah cas i'm here in melb....
        belt is about aus$ 550-600 from memory

Comment

• LEWisMe
          • Jul 2007

[quote user="Casius"]I think the jointed ones might be kind of cool but something tells me they are going to be close to $2G's and $1400-1500 is where I draw the line, heheh.

[/quote]

Casius,

Do you have any pics of these jointed boots? I went all the way back to page 20 in this thread and couldn't find any. Lift's site doesn't have it either. Thanks!

"Working out is modern couture. No outfit is going to make you look or feel as good as having a fit body. Buy less clothing and go to the gym instead." Rick Owens

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Heya Lewisme,

Unfortunately no photos of the actual jointed boots have been seen online (someone please surprise us!). One of the japanese sites had the drawn picture that we could only speculate the true design from.

Too bad... the more the merrier!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

Yea mattotti Japan has the drawn pics and you can kind of get the jist of them from the pic but still no in the flesh shots. I believe Atelier ordered them though! All footwear should be hitting stores in mid-late Sept.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                • Oct 2006

i have a sneaking feeling that the new ccp boots will be priced over 2k; especially considering that they're (A) selling a pair of older season ccp's (the one i have with the staples) for $1,900.
                Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Johnny
                  • Sep 2006

The pricing is getting seriously nuts on this stuff. The "box" jeans are £750 in the UK! Quite frankly I don't understand how they can cost so much....

Comment

• May 2007

what overcoat is it? Any idea what the price is?

[quote user="Casius"]Yea, I know the overcoat your talking about, not really my thing. The funny thing with Maxfields is that all of them are on different pages, especially when it comes to CCP. For instance, last season I asked about the oxfords and if they ordered them, I was told they probably did and they would call me when they came in, they never got them in....Then, later on when things were being marked for sale, I asked if there was any CCP (the rack was almost completely empty when it was pretty full a week earlier) and they said they sold it all but then I hear later some of it went to Bleu...lol

The store kind of reminds me of why I don't like shopping in LA though, if you don't roll up in a benz, wear a 10K watch, and buy half the shit in the store, you are looked down upon. And working as hard as I do for my money, I absolutely hate that feeling! *end rant..lol

So for the most part, I can count on A, lazzari, Eastern market now, and the Library for good CCP selections. If only L'E would take phone orders, I would be in CCP heaven.
                    [/quote]

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]The pricing is getting seriously nuts on this stuff. The "box" jeans are £750 in the UK! Quite frankly I don't understand how they can cost so much....[/quote]

damn. well, this has long defied reason, so it's only a matter of scale...

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
                        • Sep 2006

Yes I suppose, but what i was getting at was this. I guess with a jacket or even tailored trousers with lining and a proper waistband etc you can see the work that is required, perhaps hand-finishing therefore time consuming etc. Like you've said before Faust - you have no problem with paying people for their time and work where they really are skilled in doing it. But these are cotton unlined skinnies, and the only distinctive detailing, or feature that could cause any increased cost, is the overlock. Which can't cost that much. Zamb and Albert can do it! (I mean no disrespect !). So I suppose I see this almost as a watershed in crazy pricing. I actually like the product, so I'm not critisizing it or particularly Poells output as such, but it's too much. Maybe this topic is a bit dull though - I know it's been done to death here.Sorry

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

I don't think many topics are dull enough to resurrect. I agree with you, Johnny. I examined the jeans yesterday, and there is a fair amount of work that went into recutting the jeans (there are two extra ovelocked seams in front and back), you are right - it does not look like an overly complicated garment. And, with the cost of labor becoming the primary expense (if it's worth for a designer to have Italian fabric shipped to Hong Kong, have it cut there, and shipped back, with all the customs, etc., then it clearly is a primary expense), your point is valid.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

Now it just seems like a race to see who can order from the least expensive place! (As seen with Lazzari) This is the thing I really don't get, the pricing, from retailer to retailer is very different.
                            I got pricing from the Library for the leathers and they are only $200 less than Atelier. Now with that, you can't really argue about customs, shipping, etc. because it is nowhere near as far or as costly as shipping to the US. (Also, the Pound is worth more than the Euro)
                            But $1900 for boots is getting out of hand, but then again, I'm sure you'll still be able to get them through other retailers abroad for much less. So I wonder with more looking for the best CCP deal, will A and other US retailers lose some business because of this? I would love to deal with the dudes over at A, but the pricing is just not worth it. Especially for something like the leathers that cost upwards of $1500 more!

I was talking about this with Albert, but CCP's pricing just seems odd. $3000 for a custom made suit for Atelier but then $1900 for boots that have come out season after season? Then you have a $950 long neck knit sweater compared to a cotton jointed button down shirt for $1100! (very dissapointed with the jointed shirts actually...)
                            I still love the stuff though, it just limits me to where and what I can buy.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Well, Atelier caters to a lot of artists, gallery owners, high-end haridressers, and other people of that sort. They have a lot of disposable income, so it works out well.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kronik
                                • May 2007

4200 dollars vs. 5800 dollars (even with a weak dollar) seems kind of bogus. Very akin to the Vass debacle of 2006 on one of the other clothing forum.

If they can sell it, I suppose I can't blame them.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎