X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xcoldricex
    • Sep 2006

Re: Yes or No?

why are you asking if you're not "considering it"?

Comment

• Servo2000
      • Oct 2006

They're absolutely hideous. Well, maybe not absolutely.

Just hideous.
      WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• khiev
        • Nov 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]why are you asking if you're not "considering it"?
        [/quote]

I dont have to truly make up my mind in order to post on this thread, which is precisely its point. A tiny part of me is always searching to expand his style in order to build great versatility in his wardrobe. Moreover, I really do not doubt the quality of these jeans. However, I dont think that the whole street style thing is for me, and getting this piece would be an introduction to a completely different universe.

Comment

• djrajio
          • Sep 2006

If you're looking for street denim jeans, I'd recommend Surrender (label started by James Lavelle). They're also Japanese selvedge denim, have a baggier, street fit, and have a much better wash. They are also 3-4 times less expensive. Fiberops also used to make some really wicked highly distressed washes, I dunno if the label put out the samejeans this season, but the details were crazy.

Comment

• onemancult
            • Dec 2006

Neg on the NBHD denim. Overhyped and overdistressed. Quality is there, somewhat, but otherwise not worth it.

Now now now... someone tell me for sure that the zippers suck on this
            Raf Simons boot so that I won't buy it. Or that the fit is horrible. Or something,
            anything...

Comment

• xcoldricex
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="khiev"]

[quote user="xcoldricex"]why are you asking if you're not "considering it"?
              [/quote]

I dont have to truly make up my mind in order to post on this thread, which is precisely its point. A tiny part of me is always searching to expand his style in order to build great versatility in his wardrobe. Moreover, I really do not doubt the quality of these jeans. However, I dont think that the whole street style thing is for me, and getting this piece would be an introduction to a completely different universe.

[/quote]

well i like nbhd denim - they produce some interesting washes - but when the "savage level" gets too high they get pretty ridiculous with it. the narrow fit is pretty nice actually, almost got a pair myself. but yeah, if you're not paying retail or less for them they're not worth it... and when you get into the the pricing of those high savage level ones its ridiculous. djrajio just gave excellent suggestions for "street" denim. and i don't really view streetstyle as mutually exclusive - it can be integrated (or vice versa) to all these other labels that we talk about here.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

OMC, I just don't like the boots, period. I think they are too much. They were over-bearing on the runway, and in person when nambla posted in WAYWT, and on a display. I am afraid that you might start hating them in a year.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

I'm on the fence about these CCP twist pants.

It's not a pure cotton (or wool) fabric so it's more wrinkly. I just can't be sure if they'll look like natural twisting when worn or just look wrinkled and sloppy.

I'd pair it with a clean tee/long sleeved shirt and various monochromatic stuff to offset the "busi-ness" of the pants, but what do people think?

Not cheap either ... $850-900ish.

Black/dark non-brown CCP twist pants have been on my list for a while now! I just want to be sure these will look good before I take the plunge haha

-A

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

how tall are you, Albert?
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

6 feet tall Faust :)

Im a tall asian haha

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Im a tall asian haha

[/quote]

Then I think it'll look good.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• khiev
                          • Nov 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Im a tall asian haha

[/quote]

I'm sure you could pull them off. I'm impressed with the fact that you always seem to find all these cool deals elsewhere. Do you think you could get me the twist jeans? [:)]

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Haha, it's just a matter of digging around online my friend.

As for a cool deal... they're 100,000 yen buy it now. No small price!

I wish I could get the twist jeans even for myself haha.

Atelier may still have the size 46 ones (they were still there about a month or so ago, but it may be too late now). Give em a call!

Comment

• xcoldricex
                              • Sep 2006

i don't think height really matters. i'm short and the twist jeans look fine.

Comment

• khiev
                                • Nov 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]i don't think height really matters. i'm short and the twist jeans look fine.
                                [/quote]

Yeah, that was my impression as well. I think they're meant to be bunched up. Runner on TFS posted a pic of some-not-so-tall guy wearing the jeans and they look stunning.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎