• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CHRIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2006

Re: Yes or No?

i say nay, laika. but only because THAT BELT IS GOING TO BE MINE.

=)

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="CHRIS"]

i say nay, laika. but only because THAT BELT IS GOING TO BE MINE.

=)

[/quote]

WTF? You know we respect people's finds.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• CHRIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2006

please, it's on ebay, so it's fair game. i didnt mean to come off sounding harsh, hence the smiley face. but i am going to bid on it, and thats all i meant to say.

(are we going to have a bidding war, laika?! [:P])

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

No, we are certainly not, lol. It's all yours if you want it. [G]

I agree with Faust though--it's bad karma to steal other people's finds. That's why people call dibs in the Good Finds thread.....and it prevents the price from being driven up as well, which is to your advantage.
          ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• CHRIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2006

[quote user="laika"]No, we are certainly not, lol. It's all yours if you want it. [G][/quote]

awww, thanks!

that belt is worth getting screwed over sometime in the future, imo!

Comment

• mass
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

I agree with Faust though--it's bad karma to steal other people's finds. That's why people call dibs in the Good Finds thread.....and it prevents the price from being driven up as well, which is to your advantage.
              [/quote]

i agree, although on one hand i think if the person who calls dibs is only willing to bid up to say 500$, while another member is willing to pay 700$, but the auction is won by a stranger for 600$ then it's a lose/lose. if the person who calls dibs on it states they are only going to go up to 500$, there might still be some sneakiness involved also!

Comment

• CHRIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2006

i dont quite understand this 'dibs' business. all of us browse ebay,but not all of us post our prospective buysin this thread. just because someone posts up an item they're interested in, doesnt meanothers here werent already interested in it beforehand, and should immediately restrain themselves from bidding. like i said, ebay is fair game.

mass brings up a good point though. laika, if you're still interested in the belt, ill let you know how much im willing to spend, and if it's a lower amount than your max bid, then of course, you can have it.

[:D]

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="CHRIS"]

please, it's on ebay, so it's fair game. i didnt mean to come off sounding harsh, hence the smiley face. but i am going to bid on it, and thats all i meant to say.

(are we going to have a bidding war, laika?! [:P])

[/quote]

don't "please" me - you well know that out of respect we don't engage in bidding wars here. countless times people on these boards were courteous and good-hearted enough to let the original founder have it and not drive up the price. if you don't care that another person wants it, then at least keep quiet about it, instead of posting an asshole statement like that.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• CHRIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2006

i think you took my post a little too seriously. i said it in a playful tone, which clearly did not translate well.

ill stop there, because i dont want to get banned!

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="CHRIS"]

i think you took my post a little too seriously. i said it in a playful tone, which clearly did not translate well.

ill stop there, because i dont want to get banned!

[/quote]

all right, all right. peace.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• heptagenid
                        • Apr 2007

I stumbled across this for ?2300. I'm not sure on the sizing though; it is a 52IT which would be way too bigbut it says it is 47cm in the chest...if it really does measure that it would fit.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

/\ this will be between size 48 and 50. It's a gorgeous, gorgeous piece of incredible quality and craftmanship. Makes me hate Slimane for anything after that... What you have to worry about in this piece is sleeve length. As far as I remember they are very long, and you won't be able to shorten them because of the zippers.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• heptagenid
                            • Apr 2007

Thanks for the info. It seems like it would be too large for me though. Did they make it in anything smaller (44 or 46)? I remember reading that is the only size but that does not seem correct?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

They definitely made that piece in all sizes. It seem to fit pretty true to size in the body, Like Faust said though, sleeves of DH jackets were a bit long so you may or may not like that.

I tried on the 48 of this one and I needed to wear the 50 (my normal size). Also, because of the zippered shoulders, it has a very sharp and severe look to it. It's not casual really... lovely piece though.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• heptagenid
                                • Apr 2007

Disregard what I said above about the sizing. I was looking at an old Yahoo Japan auction and the translation came out to something like "in this commodity 52 was only size" whichprobably meant thathe only had a 52.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎