X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chim
    • Dec 2006

Re: Yes or No?

ionn- i'd get the julius leather. Best leathers i've ever handled IMHO, a real steal

Comment

• drexl
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="ionn26"]

so... I am debating whether I should get the Julius leather jacket that Andrew got or the silver coated cotton jacket? Any suggestions???[72]

[/quote]

So you just bought the CCP fencing jacket, and you already own a few other leather jackets (two overlocks?) as well. I think you've got an addiction, haha!

If you REALLY had to buy something, I'd say the silver coated cotton jacket to break the habit. Doesn't hurt that the coated jacket is really badass too. [73]

Comment

• KeijiHaino
        • Dec 2006

Was gonna post this in Mens Footwear, but I'm really wanting to purchase these so i post it here...they're about $550.

Are Alden's OK? I am thinking about purchasing these and really like them, but how are they? It's hard to find the boots i want online, like Guidi, ndc etc...

thanks.

Comment

• ionn26
          • Feb 2007

Chim, yes i actually got the fencing and now aching for the Julius one.. since Andrew has inspired me to get it...

So yes drexel I am addicted to it... lol.. I agree with you that it is a bad habit to have... thats why I am thinking of having the silver coated cotton jacket rather than the leather piece. Afterall I think the leather jacket by Julius I can pick it up when it goes on discount? What do you guys think of the likeli-hood of that???

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

Re: Yes or No? trenchcoat YY

That's a tough one, wire artist. The second one is amazing--so classically Yohji; but the trench looks easier to wear and more versatile. (It almost looks like Y's)

I would say it depends on what you have in your closet already; and on your location/climate. Which one would you wear more often?

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

To be honest I don't like either. I just can't get over the fact how huge they are [:|].
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

^ Agreed.

The second one in particular looks very.... cheap. Are those elastic cinches I see on the wrists of the sleeves? Terrible!

Neither will be doing your silhouette or look a favor and neither has any real design to it. The first just looks like a poorly fitting regular trench coat and the latter has a weird balloon shape to it.

Honestly I'd save your money and look for something that's sharper.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• nairb49
                  • Dec 2006

I agree with faust and albert. standalone, it just looks tacky and wrong....

I may be inclined to change opinions of course depending on your wardrobe/aesthetic. There is some potential, but as Laika kind of hinted at; if your wardrobe isn't heavy on the yohji, you're just going to look as if you bought a trench thats well too big. IMHO of course.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="nairb49"]

I agree with faust and albert. standalone, it just looks tacky and wrong....

I may be inclined to change opinions of course depending on your wardrobe/aesthetic. There is some potential, but as Laika kind of hinted at; if your wardrobe isn't heavy on the yohji, you're just going to look as if you bought a trench thats well too big. IMHO of course.

[/quote]

Shouldn't you be studying !? [74]

*quickly gets back to embryology/anatomy*

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Seventh
                      • Dec 2006

^ Just stumbled on this conversation.

wire.artist I like Yohji a lot, and also really like the second coat (although it is clearly from the '80--not that this should dissuade you). I strongly disagree with it looking cheap (the sleeve are tied--not elastic). The cut is very different from what a lot of people are used to at SZ (where the lingering influence of Dior and CCP is strong), but if you enjoy playing with proportions with oversized outerwear and like Yohji, I think it is rather fantastic.

Comment

• macuser3of5
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="KeijiHaino"]

Was gonna post this in Mens Footwear, but I'm really wanting to purchase these so i post it here...they're about $550.

Are Alden's OK? I am thinking about purchasing these and really like them, but how are they? It's hard to find the boots i want online, like Guidi, ndc etc...

thanks.

[/quote]
                        They're better made than a good majority of the shoes out there going for twice as much. I say do it.

Myself, I'm planning on the color 8 chukka as a f/w purchase shortly.

Comment

• KeijiHaino
                          • Dec 2006

yeah, i went ahead and ordered them. i'll post pics and a little review once i get them.

Comment

• laika
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="wire.artist"]

nairb>>I have quite a lot of yohji's stuff, and growing...so both fit into my aestethic and my closet. I love huge outerwear.

Nobody except laika (yohji's fan) seem to like them...Maybe I just should save the money and go for the long knit coat from this season...but is +2000$

thanks guys

[/quote]

You got exactly the opinions I was expecting, but I wouldn't make a choice based on that....Like Seventh said, many on this board just favor a very particular and more conventional silhouette.

The second coat is really special, I think--something of a collector's piece, since it's from the 80's. (Not cheap or tacky at all--you only need to imagine Yohji wearing it to dispell that idea!) The trench is something that gets repeated a lot with variations in the Y's line...so I'm sure you'll have the chance to get something similar in the future.

They are both really good though....I can't decisively speak against either one! You really must post a picture sometime...I would love to see someone pulling off these kinds of volumes. [51]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"][quote user="wire.artist"]

nairb>>I have quite a lot of yohji's stuff, and growing...so both fit into my aestethic and my closet. I love huge outerwear.

Nobody except laika (yohji's fan) seem to like them...Maybe I just should save the money and go for the long knit coat from this season...but is +2000$

thanks guys

[/quote]

You got exactly the opinions I was expecting, but I wouldn't make a choice based on that....Like Seventh said, many on this board just favor a very particular and more conventional silhouette.

The second coat is really special, I think--something of a collector's piece, since it's from the 80's. (Not cheap or tacky at all--you only need to imagine Yohji wearing it to dispell that idea!) The trench is something that gets repeated a lot with variations in the Y's line...so I'm sure you'll have the chance to get something similar in the future.

They are both really good though....I can't decisively speak against either one! You really must post a picture sometime...I would love to see someone pulling off these kinds of volumes. [51]

[/quote]

2nd.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kronik
                                • May 2007

CDiem Wool / Cashmere Knit

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎