Clear All
  • Ahimsa
    Vegan Police
    • Sep 2011

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• beyondthemeans
      • Sep 2008

Hahaha shit, people are already reselling their autographed books in Grailed.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
        Hahaha shit, people are already reselling their autographed books in Grailed.
        That is really sad, because I know some fans who did not get because they ran out of books. Shame.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Vrax
          • Jan 2013

Saw this on my insta feed last night...looks like Ricky boy had some boogie-woogie fun :D

(also kinda digging that blazer)

Comment

• mrbeuys
            • May 2008

Fun picture.
            And here's what it's like to get ready for the night with the Hun.

Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• goldsamxo
              • Jan 2017

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
              Fun picture.
              And here's what it's like to get ready for the night with the Hun.

http://www.anothermag.com/fashion-be...h-michele-lamy
              Thanks for sharing the link! I sent it to my mom, and she absolutely loved it. She's a massive fan of Michéle and adores learning about her. She's still jealous I got to meet her. I love seeing Michéle, 'behind the scenes' - it's such a stark contrast from her outward appearance.
              Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
              Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• Hydeous
                • Feb 2017

First post, though I'm usually more of a silent reader here.

Was wondering if anyone know of a video an independent director did of a short film where the models were wearing the Rick Owens runner socks boots? I remembered seeing it a while ago when I was browsing various Ro threads, but can't seem to find it now. Does anyone know which one I'm talking bout, sorry for the lack of info.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                  • Nov 2014

My new favorite Rick quote:

Originally posted by Rick Owens
                  I have a big thing with toilets. They are one of the most prosaic objects, and sometimes you go into someone’s house and they have art and high-end furniture, but you go into their bathroom and see a plastic toilet. How can you live with a Picasso around the corner, yet own a plastic toilet? My toilets at home are raw crystal or marble, sometimes onyx. It depends on the wall material. I’ll use the same stone for the toilet and bathroom walls.
                  ... taken from this AD interview.
                  "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                  -Paris Hilton

Comment

• stemcell
                    • Jul 2011

Semi-small question. Is it just me or does Preco seem to shy away from crust rereleases?
                    We see so much rerelease from newer collections and the occasional things from moog/dustulator but I am always surprised to never see the plunging neckline jersey tops or, open sided tanks, all these great easy to wear basics. I'm sure I've just missed a few leather jacket rereleases and such, but have I simply missed a lot of things? Thoughts? Always surprised there aren't more dresses and skirts as well, ie naska. I suppose these aren't the easy selling pieces that people want anyhow.

Comment

• Olex
                      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                      Ok so apparently DRKSHDW is now being produced entirely in Moldova. I guess I’ll stick to older seasons and the second hand market now. :/

(Picture by Ad Lau from the Rick Owens Buy/Sell/Trade Facebook page)
                      Actually, I've check with my friends in Moldova and they said that this production site was bought by Rick Owens corporation and managed by Italians. Due to fact that the labor cost is much lower and the quality is quite good, it makes a big sense. Besides, they usually send to Moldova the patterns from Italy and Moldavian site just makes the final products. Probably it depends on orders quantities that they have. So Moldova is like a back up site...

Comment

• Lex1017
                        • Jul 2015

So many jokes, such potential. Olex you are a goat. I'm glad some of the patterns make it there at least.

Comment

• Olex
                          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Lex1017 View Post
                          So many jokes, such potential. Olex you are a goat. I'm glad some of the patterns make it there at least.
                          It is very sad to read this… Never thought that such people could be the members. I've just provided the info about the Moldavian factory.No judgment…
                          What is the value of your comment? Different people could have different opinions. Your comments are rude and unacceptable!!!
                          Nothing to say more...
                          It is a reasonable question to moderators why this member is still not banned...
                          Last edited by Olex; 05-26-2017, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• Lex1017
                            • Jul 2015

Your post sounded very salesmanish and provided little to no information anyone could have assumed/guessed. My post had as much value as yours. But I apologize and if mods want to ban me so be it.

Comment

• bukka
                              • Sep 2011

Olex, stfu

Edit: GBS had the courtesy to explain you why you should stfu and read more, thank him.
                              Last edited by bukka; 05-27-2017, 08:55 AM.
                              Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                                • Nov 2007

a reminder of what Moldava production is all about...

The real issue is what producing in Moldava is really about. I posted about this here 2 years ago. Owenscorp has done nothing but pursue the practice even more since then. I remind everyone that DRKSHDW is the major volume part of the RO business. The bread and butter. And for anybody that knows this game on the inside, a facility in Moldava actually means a free pass to secretized black labor in Transnistria and 4 dollars a day for people making the stuff, then carted back into Moldava where the EU allows you to put a Made in EU label on it in your Moldavian "factory." This is a major slavery production practice no better than H&M or Primark that has been documented by Italian RAI TV being used by Prada, Moncler and many other large Italian brands. All buyers and endline consumers of this product need to face up to what they are putting their money into and supporting. Especially those who espouse "ethical production" and "artisanal design" on this forum. As for Rick, Michelle, Olmar & Mirta, Luca and the whole lot of RO management, if you actually bought that factory- then shame on you, again. You could have easily taken that production back to Italy and done a lot better--even for your bottom line. The fact is, "Rick Owens" made it big first and foremost, when it moved its production to Italy almost 2 decades ago. And to continue that amazing success, it should remain there with a long-term commitment and investment to design, quality, people and yes community, instead of selling out, globalizing its production, and cheapening product to grab short-term profits on excessive margins created when you keep price the same while reducing labor costs by a factor of 10 and over-expanding distribution on a model approaching Starbucks at the same time. You may make a real killing in the next few seasons, but in the end over the long term, something's got to give--and that will be the name, its reputation and its image.

Maybe a little less attention spent on books and toilets, and a little more on the people who have to make your products, and buy them, would be in order here, but of course, I could never say... All I can say is, that I hope one might encourage both management and design to rethink policy a bit, before it gets to be too late.

To remind everyone about what producing in Moldava is all about and see the RAI TV report, go here...

http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...l=1#post499588

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎