Re: + (Maurizio Amadei)

A little pic update...From Salone jp.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• winQ
      Banned
      • Dec 2006

^ I was never a fan of the M.A+ leather shirts until I saw that.. holy moly. What a difference a different model can make.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="winQ"]^ I was never a fan of the M.A+ leather shirts until I saw that.. holy moly. What a difference a different model can make.
        [/quote]

Same here. I think it's the leather. Pretty damn nice.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

they're different styles entirely- the last leather shirt has seams while the previous ones don't. not to mention they styled the first ones terribly...

regarding the sleeves- maybe he meant them to be 'cut to fit' in the vein of past linea pieces?

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Wow the new leather shirt version is niiiiice. Love the cuffs and collar.

The cut to fit idea is very attractive but Amadei uses an overlock closure stitch at least on the aviator jacket and thus renders it impossible to cut without some heavy restitching being done. He also places the signature silver + right on the left cuff so you'd lose it if you cut the sleeves... that being said, folding the cuffs up doesn't really look bad at all either :)

PS- great to see ya back on here Lance!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• LanceP
              • Oct 2006

Thanks Albert! I know... it's definitely been awhile. Finally found those Carpe Diems (thanks Scott)... which I have to hit you up about.

But back to the subject...

merz... Definitely give Bilzerian a call; the SA's are extremely friendly and helpful. The same associate that Joey is talking about actually called me last week also about new shipments that I may get excited over. I'm assuming he was talking about the long coat, as well. Great people.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

The cut to fit idea is very attractive but Amadei uses an overlock closure stitch at least on the aviator jacket and thus renders it impossible to cut without some heavy restitching being done. He also places the signature silver + right on the left cuff so you'd lose it if you cut the sleeves... that being said, folding the cuffs up doesn't really look bad at all either :)

[/quote]

Just slap two jumbo staples on that bad boy, and you'll be good to go!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="Chinorlz"]

[/quote]

Just slap two jumbo staples on that bad boy, and you'll be good to go!

[/quote]

Hahahaha, you know... I've considered that for making "ma+" items hahahaha

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

[quote user="merz"]

talked to matthew - he seemed genuinely excited talking about this stuff. very knowledgeble and helpful. thing is, it seems minorityrev over in fukuoka has a version of this coat (a kind of greyish mottled rugweave material) that seems to be 3/4 length, which is a hell of a lot more practical and i suppose runs alittle cheaper as well. thats what i'm looking for. thats also what nobody seems to have besides.

anyhow, i realised i actually had a friend of mine living in fukuoka. so i might just send them to minorityrev for a pickup. they're fairly certain to have a 44 as well.

[/quote]

That sounds like a sure way to get it and I'm sure you're right that they have a 44!

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

You so often end up not getting an item because it is rare and even rarer in a 44 that when there is something you really like available, you should definitely jump on it (and post pictures).
                      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="winQ"]^ I was never a fan of the M.A+ leather shirts until I saw that.. holy moly. What a difference a different model can make.
                        [/quote]

It looks interesting on the rack but the high collar, fitted, plain shoulders and conic opening (shaped like this / \) make it a typical shorter version of the A-shaped and indeed feminine form, accentuating the middle (hips) and visually making the shoulders smaller. It could possibly work on a muscular person but I?d advise anyone else to stay away from it. Lanvin has a mid length coat this season that much more successfully plays in this shape (the bottom of the A is around the knees), I wonder if anyone can find more menswear examples.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• xcoldricex
                          • Sep 2006

i think you'd have to be narrow also - if you have a wider frame the A shape will just make you look even wider in my experience

Comment

• kompressorkev
                            • Dec 2006

i love this brand, just can't afford it. btw, the last few leathers look AMAZING. here's a small pic of one of the leather jackets from S/S 07, and a pic of one of the F/W 07/08 boots, alongside some beautiful pieces lying in the showroom.

pic courtesy of Les Plus (+++) and boutiqueW. as was said earlier, Salone has the Wishbone belts on sale for 29,400 yen. somebody pick these up!

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

So I've been talking with eastern market for a little bit now and Stephen over there has been nothing but excellent! He sent me this email last night that I just have to share a part with you guys, sounds very exciting...

"But perhaps beyond the beyond was Maurizio Altieri's Avantindietro collection, shown on the dirty banks of the Canal St. Martin - invitation by mobile phone call only; all garments hung on a modest string line, amidst the graffiti, trash and encroaching beggars. To show this way he drove from Perugia to Paris in a customised Landrover LWB truck - I've got a similar ex-Australian-army model here - and I tell you kudos is his for doing it this anti-catwalk way. It was a stunning collection, an amazing experience. Yes I have photos, no I'm not showing you.

Altieri's was the most out-there we've seen - way beyond the standard Carpe Diem fare. He created an entire collection that showed no stitching, no real seams, no straight seams - it was all curved and anatomical, almost surgical, but somehow earthy and human all at once. His computer-designed anatomical drawings for the garments were the most beautiful/futuristic we have ever seen - the real prototype garments and shoes were art-povera meets the future of clothing. We're very much hoping he gets the collection into production and can deliver sometime (he goes by his own creed now: no time, no season, no stress...) - his has been a rocky, uncompromising road and we have real faith in him as a true artist. For us, who are well-familiar with all the Carpe Diem off-shoots, including MA+ who we really admire, we just thought Altieri's collection defined him as the major thinker in fashion, certainly on a par with Carol. Watch this very interesting space."

Sounds like MA's new collection could be amazing! Let's hope he kicks it into production sometime soon...

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

/\ Don't show this to Albert - he needs to pay rent and tuition now. You will bring him to financial ruin! :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎