X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Law
    • Dec 2013

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
    ^^Just got my second bottle of Cardinal. (used up the first). It's very light and can be worn pretty much anytime. Definitely compare it to CdG Avignon first. I debate between the two at different times.
    Have you tried Umun- Lavs? The holy grail of church liturgical incense .

Comment

• darkbydesign
      • Sep 2010

I haven't! I just looked it up and can't believe I have missed it. Sounds amazing so will have to try it ASAP. Thanks for the recommendation.

Comment

• byhand
        • Dec 2011

Yeah, I live by the Killian store here in Meatpacking / Village and every time I walk by it I hate Killian even more for no reason except presentation and marketing alone...

As I mentioned above, the customer is offered a way to purchase the scents without the dumb packaging. The refills are typically hundreds cheaper for the 50ml size and have the most plain packaging possible. Amber Oud and Sacred Wood are both fine fragrances.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

The other day I realized what a massive brain fart on my part caused the Kilian discussion. I mean to check out Maison Kurkdjian instead!!
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Law
            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            The other day I realized what a massive brain fart on my part caused the Kilian discussion. I mean to check out Maison Kurkdjian instead!!
            Are you looking for recommendations for MFK?

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Law View Post
              Are you looking for recommendations for MFK?
              Yes, please! I mean, I like to go in and do the full nosedive, so to speak, but sometimes it gets so overwhelming. How does the brand rate among the connoisseurs?
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Law
                • Dec 2013

Yes, please! I mean, I like to go in and do the full nosedive, so to speak, but sometimes it gets so overwhelming. How does the brand rate among the connoisseurs?
                Sure thing.

The brand as a whole (product/distribution/marketing) is quite divided between the connoisseurs, in the sense that many love and appreciate the aesthetic, others think it veers to close to the commercial realm. I personally am a big fan, with my ultimate favourite from the brand being Absolue pour the le soir. This is his favourite creation, arguably his best work, but ultimately his worst seller, go figure.

It's a very rich, potent, sexy/carnal animalistic powerhouse. In recent times it's distribution has been limited though and replaced with the mediocre Grand Soir in the line. Although APLS is still available at the flagship store, with that said I'm pretty sure they should still have it though at the NY boutique.

My second favourite from the line is Luminere Noire Pour Homme, which is a wonderfully elegant masculine musk/slightly spiced rose. The sort of thing which works dressed up or down, quite versatile. The third is APOM Pour homme, which is a wonderfully minimalist orange blossom, cedar and amber.

These are arguably the best from the "main line", everything else is a little too watery, safe and pedestrian for my taste, although your millage may vary. Finally, you have the Oud range, you should sample them all, but I'd say the best personally as far as balance is Cashmere Mood.

Comment

• mindreader
                  • Nov 2017

I like the scent of Ralph Lauren Polo blue eau de toilette for men.

Comment

• Law
                    • Dec 2013

Originally posted by mindreader View Post
                    I like the scent of Ralph Lauren Polo blue eau de toilette for men.
                    My condolences.

Comment

• bukka
                      • Sep 2011

Good one Law

Edit: I know this topic has already been discussed but I need an update, what are my chances of finding a Cuiron made with the old formula? Thanks in advance
                      Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Law
                        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by bukka View Post
                        Good one Law

Edit: I know this topic has already been discussed but I need an update, what are my chances of finding a Cuiron made with the old formula? Thanks in advance
                        PM'ed you.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Thank you, Law!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Law
                            • Dec 2013

Thank you, Law!
                            You're welcome. Also if you're in Paris, stop by their boutique, which is just near the Place Vendome there.
                            They did an exclusive fragrance for the GUM mall in Russia, called Ciel de Gum. It's only available in Russia or the Paris boutique. Personally I've never tried it yet, but it's suppose to be a beautiful slightly cinnamon/pink pepper spiced vanilla. I'm even contemplating a blind buy.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

You're welcome. Also if you're in Paris, stop by their boutique, which is just near the Place Vendome there.
                              They did an exclusive fragrance for the GUM mall in Russia, called Ciel de Gum. It's only available in Russia or the Paris boutique. Personally I've never tried it yet, but it's suppose to be a beautiful slightly cinnamon/pink pepper spiced vanilla. I'm even contemplating a blind buy.
                              I'll definitely stop by in January.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Sufi
                                • Jan 2017

That's also my go to for winter. I'll mix it up with Quatrana Parfums Wolfsbane (one of the most unique scents I've experienced this past year), Mad et Len Graphite, Helmut Lang Curion, and Yohji Yamamoto pour Homme.
                                You should definitely try Olivier Durbano Black Tourmaline, either in the EDP or Extrait formualtion (https://www.luckyscent.com/product/3...livier-durbano).

I personally prefer the Extrait, as it's smoother and more refined. But ultimately if you like the "black" concept of Black, you'll love Black Tourmaline. You may also want to sample Naomi Goodsir- Bois d'Acese (https://www.luckyscent.com/product/5...-naomi-goodsir). They both do the dark, charred, smoke effect perfectly. Both have infinitely better longevity than Black too to boot.

I believe it's discontinued now unfortunately, but Tom Ford- Sahara Noir, was another you may enjoy.
                                Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
                                I really enjoy Heeley - Vetiver Veritas, Profumum - Thundra and even Victrix though some like these for Spring, as well as Slumberhouse Norne and Zahd on occasion (I mean, these two are touch and go because Norne literally smells like crushed up Christmas trees and Zahd smells like cranberries so some might consider very literal)
                                Originally posted by mamooon View Post
                                I'm going to open my 2nd bottle of 'nu_be Helium' as i even prefer during the dark and cold autumn some citric notes with woody and spicy nuances, the 'Helium' overall feels a bit psychedelic and unusual:

I already did fall in love with Zarko's new 'Cloud collection', peachy/apricot-notes with some dark wooden notes. I love about Zarkoperfume that he's refusing to create perfumes based on the classic top/heart/base-concept and the 'cloud collection' is also beautiful to look at as the 'dilution' changes based on the weather, i.e. on rainy days it becomes cloudy, on sunny days it's clear. Before applying you'll need to shake the bottle, so the two ingrediends mix to a cloudy apricot-coloured one, a few moments later the two components slowly separate, reminds me a bit on the lavalamps. For sure it's pricey but every day it's a short moment of pleasure and joy to have a look at the flacon:

I usually spice all other perfumes up with the Zarko's "ménage á trois", a synthetic and so for pretty decent and smooth musk-note:
                                Menage A Trois ZARKOPERFUME ★ Eau de Parfum Spray ✔ Gratisproben ✔ Gratisversand in Deutschland ✔ Jetzt online bestellen ➽

And recently bought and still in love with Geza Schön's "Escentric 04', a sandalwood-a-like molecule called 'Javanol' with citric notes reminding me on fresh cut grapefruit:
                                Escentric 04 by Geza Schoen is a formula that lends a metallic, otherworldly sandalwood scent to its wearer. 100ml of Javanol's psychedelic freshness. Shop Escentric Molecules' Escentric 04 in 100ml now.

Also that one refuses to work like a classic perfume, i.e. no classic top/heart/base-notes.

Basically all of the mentioned can get layered very nicely.
                                Thanks guys, I ordered a bunch of samples based on all of your recommendations. Particularly excited for Black Tourmaline and Helium.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎