Page 133 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3383123124125126127128129130131132133
Results 2,641 to 2,648 of 2648

Thread: Men's Fragrances

Quote Originally Posted by Anton View Post
    I've been using Tom Ford's Oud Wood for the office recently, it's nice but nothing really special. I want something that smells great and fits most social situations. Any recommendations to check out? The perfume needs to be accessible (easy to get), I like deep (woody, musky) smells or fresh ones but nothing sweet.
    I can recommend two fragrances that really fit some of the fashion discussed here.
    One is very easy to get, the other a bit less so.
    Tom Ford - Ombre Leather
    Unum - Ennui Noir

They are both special and stand out a little but not in an obnoxious way.

Then, if you are a bit more daring,
    Tom Ford - Tobacco Oud Intense (the most male raspberry ever)
    Unum - But not today (basically poison)

Or if you want to fully blend in in a good way
    Terre d’Hermes Parfum

Terre d’Hermes I need to check out.
    Ombre Leather and Tabacco Oud are not to my liking really.
    I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
    My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton

Quote Originally Posted by Anton View Post
    Any recommendations to check out? The perfume needs to be accessible (easy to get), I like deep (woody, musky) smells or fresh ones but nothing sweet.
    I'm using MEO FUSCIUNI NOTTURNO for a long time now. For me, it's really an allrounder and makes me feel very cozy and comfortable, especially when the days get shorter and the weather is more wet and rough. It combines notes of rum and leather. It's easy to order online.

Quote Originally Posted by Danse Générale View Post
    I'm using MEO FUSCIUNI NOTTURNO for a long time now. For me, it's really an allrounder and makes me feel very cozy and comfortable, especially when the days get shorter and the weather is more wet and rough. It combines notes of rum and leather. It's easy to order online.
    One of my favourite: "makes me feel very cozy and comfortable, especially when the days get shorter and the weather is more wet and rough" -> makes me feel exactly the same...

But, since Anton says "but nothing sweet", I'm not sure he'll appreciate the rhum note.

Just by 'accident' I recently decided for two totally different perfumes, but both are somehow environmentally 'friendly', an overall approach I like:
    - Clean Rain Reserve - Fresh, nice and simple everyday-perfume, probably more for the summer-time, pretty unintrusive and pleasing, probably the contrary of 'edgy', Top-notes like Bergamot / Cucumber and some gentle base-notes of musk and Vetiver. Like this approach because of eco-conscious packaging, ethically harvested and Sustainable ingredients:
    http://www.cleanbeauty.com/collectio...n-reserve-rain
    - LES FLEURS DU DÉCHET – I AM TRASH - Well, it doesn't smell like rotten stuff and/or trash, pretty 'fruity' perfume with character, just the ISO-E-component is too clearly noticable, otherwise a fascinating and fresh mix of apples, strawberries, a hint of a rose, bitter orange and cedarwood and nevertheless somehow a bit 'flowerish'. Worth mentioning, some ingredients have been made out of Upcycling.
    https://www.etatlibredorange.com/en/...ue/i-am-trash/

Latest favorite are a Japanese brand Tobali, covered by us in the magazine, and I just discovered Zoologist - really good!
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I'd recommend the following recent releases to all:

Frederic Malle EdP - Rose & Cuir. (it's not a Rose scent in case some excepted that)

19-69 - Purple Haze

Le Labo - Tabac 28 (I don't usually like Le Labo frags but dig this one)

Frederic Malle - The Moon

Profumum Roma - Fumidus

Ok, this is one of those good news/bad news scenarios. I have at least one perfume with oud in it and oud's presence appears growing. After some research I decided to splurge and buy pure oud oil. I went with ensaroud.com and purchased some small samples. The good news is that I found new scents to truly get excited about. The bad news is oud oils go from expensive to stratospheric expensive. This is one of those times where an exciting discovery is met with dismay.

I liked them so much I made another order. I also found oudbase.com, ordered, and am happy with them as well.

ouddict.com is a forum and a good start for the curious.

A word of caution: if you thought perfume descriptions were enticing and passionate, oud is more so. I enjoy ensar oud's pages (and pages), if that isn't your thing, don't be turned off and don't think you are paying extra for the writing- I've done some research and this stuff isn't cheap.

I'll let the websites do the smell descriptions. I will say I spaced out and let the church scent conversation go by on these pages without contributing. Oud isn't "church-y" more "temple-y"- deep tropical woods and the ancient earth in them. I kept reading about those wearing the oil and not being able to resist putting their wrist to their nose throughout the day. Absolutely true- I kept smelling, trying to identify the scents and following their change throughout the day. So far, what I've tried lasts throughout the day and stays on clothing even longer.