Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920

Thread: The work of Helmut Lang

Quote Originally Posted by fredokin View Post
    Not entirely true. A few mainline pieces with backpack straps that come to mind are the silk organza version of the astro biker from aw 1999, a blazer from aw 2002, and a nylon jacket from...1996? The handstrap detail was used in 03/04, after the jeans line was cut. Both jeans and mainline were on the runway, and I haven't noticed any lower quality in the jeans line. It was simply more everyday wear/military inspired, and separate from the tailoring.
    I agree. I distinctly remember a mainline coat with two straps.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I'm not sure where to post this, feel free to move it, my main mods.

http://www.dazeddigital.com/fashion/...-going-on-sale
    "In a project called HELMUT LANG: ARTIFACTS, Resurrection Vintage is presenting a collection of the designer’s garments from the 1990s right up until his departure in 2005."

Based on their sponsored content, identical articles down to the title on both dazed and hypebeast, I'm weary for a cashgrab, but I would be interested in seeing some archival HL, especially since I was too young to experience the line during its heyday.

Quote Originally Posted by SafetyKat View Post
    I'm weary for a cashgrab
    Well, I sold Resurrection a bulletproof vest for over 800 if that gives you an idea of what the pricing might be like...
    Quote Originally Posted by gregor View Post
    it's terribly lit

Quote Originally Posted by patriciamorris View Post
    wow. so cool! I was impressed by his quote: "I think the history and the past we have is just an energy we've built up to do what we do now"
    Are you seriously trying to promote a translation site by using some quote? Gtfo
    For your information, please read carelabels and hanging tags carefully, for washing and handling instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    No, they just religiously read SZ

"Alongside the campaign, Helmut Lang has announced two new projects: Helmut Lang Re-Edition will centre around the reissue of important heritage pieces – Volume 1 will be available in September 2017, and will feature fifteen items. Future Volumes will be released every four months." via Dazed

Just saw this yesterday... disappointing really. Just shows that the label really will never be able to live up to , let alone improve on, Lang's original vision.
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Any information on the photographer ? Or the magazine? Will greatly appreciate it :)

uihasissues The photographers name is Ethan James Green.
    We hope that people will begin to see beyond the superficial surface of things and understand that there is far more to a design than just the way it looks on the outside.

-GEOFFREY B. SMALL

eagerly anticipating the release.

Quote Originally Posted by mobotak View Post
    eagerly anticipating the release.
    What release? The new HL? Its a joke. Shayne Oliver doesnt bring anything new to the game. Its clothing for a instagram generation. They get dictated whats cool, by famous rappers and hyped kids on social media.

The "Re-Edition” collection, is also a joke. Its an easy job by them. Just to make money. Jumping on the bandwagon of the HL hype.

What's so bad about buying new Helmut Lang? Whether it is inspired by his pre-2004 works or is exact copy of his iconic models — how else can anyone obtain a mint garment? Prices for archival HL are unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by 068 View Post
    What's so bad about buying new Helmut Lang? Whether it is inspired by his pre-2004 works or is exact copy of his iconic models — how else can anyone obtain a mint garment? Prices for archival HL are unbearable.
    Do you like wearing clothes by a designer with no talent at all? That are copies of whats been made ages ago by a really talented one.
    Then H&M or Zara might fit in there perfectly too. Or get some fake Rick Owens shoes from China.

There is no need to obtain a mint garment for cheap. Either you can afford it or not. There is nothing bad about that.

A designer should create. I want to be impressed. This is just boring me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeroenr View Post
    Do you like wearing clothes by a designer with no talent at all? That are copies of whats been made ages ago by a really talented one.
    Then H&M or Zara might fit in there perfectly too. Or get some fake Rick Owens shoes from China.
    Fast-fashion and chinese replicas lack quality on one side(which is obvious) and the are not original (which is partly true to new models). Not an option for me.

There is no need to obtain a mint garment for cheap. Either you can afford it or not. There is nothing bad about that.
    It's not only a matter of price. Mint garments of HL are nearly impossible to find. Also, even if it's found and affordable — one can't try it on, because it's not in a local store.

A designer should create. I want to be impressed. This is just boring me.
    Totally agree. I am not justifying untalented designers and corporations behind them. I'm just seeking for a way to obtain quality clothes that are similar to original Lang.

Quote Originally Posted by 068 View Post
    Totally agree. I am not justifying untalented designers and corporations behind them. I'm just seeking for a way to obtain quality clothes that are similar to original Lang.
    Try Yang Li.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine