X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bellapietra1501
    • Sep 2006

Re: Stephan Schneider

what is the sizing like? i never got which size is a 44 or 46 because of his number sizing.

Comment

• Orochi
      • Sep 2007

His size 4 is about a 46, I was told that he does make things in size 5 (which would logically be like a 44), but I have yet to see anything in that size.

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

i think a size 5 is a 48, i wear 4 and 5 in ss
        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Orochi"]His size 4 is about a 46, I was told that he does make things in size 5 (which would logically be like a 44), but I have yet to see anything in that size.[/quote]

yes, he does.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• soultek
            • Feb 2007

SS makes up to a size 7 as far as I know.

I picked up a SS shirt from South Willard last week after wrongfully ignoring it on the rack all season. I think these are garments you really have to try on to appreciate. I like the fit and fabric very much.

BTW, Ryan at South Willard said that the Stephan makes all the fabrics himself--often times with subtle details. I noticed on the V neck that there was a blue stripe running through the fabric that you don't notice right away:

http://www.southwillard.com/designers/mens/stefan-schneider/v-neck-sweater/

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

^ that v-neck is the one that was blatantly stolen from me, or atleast so I like to think.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="soultek"]

SS makes up to a size 7 as far as I know.

I picked up a SS shirt from South Willard last week after wrongfully ignoring it on the rack all season. I think these are garments you really have to try on to appreciate. I like the fit and fabric very much.

BTW, Ryan at South Willard said that the Stephan makes all the fabrics himself--often times with subtle details.
                I noticed on the V neck that there was a blue stripe running through the fabric that you don't notice right away:

[/quote]

Interesting

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dontbecruel
                  • Sep 2006

Yes he does make all his own textiles. I've read that in a couple of interviews. In fact, here's a very nice quote from the South Willard site above:

?I spend half of my time with the textile and half with the
                  silhouette,? he says. ?When your textile is strong, you don?t have to
                  invent trousers with three legs.?

I couldn't agree with the sentiment more. I also like the fact that he runs a small operation that allows him to be in close contact with every stage of manufacture. Unlike his Antwerp peers, he still manufactures in Belgium, and yet he still manages to (or perhaps has to) keep his prices substantially lower than Raf, Ann et al.

About the sizing: I think he's not great at producing a consistent size. I wear a 50 pretty consistently in other brands and I buy a between IV and VI in Stephan, depending on the item. I wonder if those kind of fit problems hurt sales for a small designer.

[btw Cas, could you post the link to the Park website you got those pics from?]

Comment

• ddohnggo
                    • Oct 2006

so is the sizing inconsistent? that's a big gap to wear between a 4-6. i see that south willard only has size 4 in most of the pieces and i take a 48-50 usually. i'm assuming that a 4 might be too small?
                    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• mesh
                      • Dec 2006

Some of the fabrics are blends which is one way I believe he keeps his costs somewhat in line.

I've been agonizing over the playlift cardigan for about 4 months now [86]

PS. The groom jacket is sick, the armholes aretoo high for me though unfortunately.

I'm a big guy and the 4-5 fit me usually.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

at 40% off, the playlift cardigan is very very intriguing. the other cardigan is dope too.

Comment

• mesh
                          • Dec 2006

The playlift will be too overwhelming on you Joey. I had a lady who happened to be a popular LA designer (forgot her name) in the store when I had it on (size 4) and she commented how it was slightly big and I'm 5'11" 175. After she left we agreed the fit was spot on.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

jeez. sizing sounds like rick owens sizing shit.

Comment

• mesh
                              • Dec 2006

That's why I'm surprised the smaller guys are wearing the same sizes, doesn't make any sense to me.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="dontbecruel"]

Yes he does make all his own textiles. I've read that in a couple of interviews. In fact, here's a very nice quote from the South Willard site above:

?I spend half of my time with the textile and half with the
                                silhouette,? he says. ?When your textile is strong, you don?t have to
                                invent trousers with three legs.?

I couldn't agree with the sentiment more. I also like the fact that he runs a small operation that allows him to be in close contact with every stage of manufacture. Unlike his Antwerp peers, he still manufactures in Belgium, and yet he still manages to (or perhaps has to) keep his prices substantially lower than Raf, Ann et al.

About the sizing: I think he's not great at producing a consistent size. I wear a 50 pretty consistently in other brands and I buy a between IV and VI in Stephan, depending on the item. I wonder if those kind of fit problems hurt sales for a small designer.

[btw Cas, could you post the link to the Park website you got those pics from?]

[/quote]

http://www.park.co.at/

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎