Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Yohji Yamamoto

Help, please. I am looking for the trousers shown in first and third photo, and the closest I can find retail is the second photo, which somehow strikes me as being not as interesting as the garments seen in the other photos. Could just be a result of the garment not being shown on a body, but there is also the issue of the dangling ties at the ankle shown in the retail photo - don't see them in the other photos. Anyone know what the trousers in photo 1 and 3 are called or maybe a style code?

Just a thought, but maybe these could work?

http://www.henrikvibskovboutique.com...-10773935.aspx

Thanks for the reply. The garment in the link you provide doesn't have the ties at the ankle but it looks as if the fabric gathers at the waist solely as a result of the elasticized waist and the waist tie. The garment I want has pleating at the waist along the front and back. I want to pair the trousers with a Miyake jacket that echos this pleating detail.

the first picture is the tencel/cupro blend hakama. your best chance is the 2nd hand market. i used to have this, and thats how it looks in motion.

picture 3 is also probably from the same season, not sure on the fabric composition.

SS12 btw

YES! Spring 2012. Thanks.

a big happy bday to the man, keep on going!

This got a mention in the Fashion Books thread, but I figured it deserves a mention here. Rizzoli is releasing a new book called Yamamoto & Yohji on Nov 11th 2014

I made a gallery of some of the interior spreads released by Rizzoli, which can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/Kgxfi

I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Yes, full review coming up on SZ mag on the day of the release.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Yes, full review coming up on SZ mag on the day of the release.
    Do you have any specifics details on the kind of content to expect? What sort of writing or commentary? Anything from Yohji himself?
    I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

already available at yohji flagships, if you have access to them.

Ohh new SZ mag soon? Can't wait
    One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art ― Oscar Wilde

the website (he referred to the release date of the book)
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Quote Originally Posted by xeraphim View Post
    already available at yohji flagships, if you have access to them.
    Not in the states. All stores get the book on the same day.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by naturalalmonds View Post
    Do you have any specifics details on the kind of content to expect? What sort of writing or commentary? Anything from Yohji himself?
    You should be reading sz-mag.com religiously! WTF is wrong with you people?!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

You should be reading sz-mag.com religiously! WTF is wrong with you people?!
    Hah, sorry, I was referring to the content of the book :) Looking forward to the SZ review, though

Can't get Yohji, but I will see if the designer of the book and the content compiler would be willing to pitch in, since I know both of them.

Seriously, though, I find it sometimes dispiriting that forum members don't bother to read the magazine's website, and conversely we receive such high praise from people who have no idea the forum even exists. We are trying really hard for you guys, and it saddens me that the feedback from the forum is overall rather lukewarm.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Seriously, though, I find it sometimes dispiriting that forum members don't bother to read the magazine's website, and conversely we receive such high praise from people who have no idea the forum even exists. We are trying really hard for you guys, and it saddens me that the feedback from the forum is overall rather lukewarm.
    Well the magazine website gets new content infrequently and doesn't send out alerts when it does. I used to check the magazine website everyday with little reward so now I just jump straight to the forums expecting that anything important there will eventually show up here too.

The new mailing system helps a bit but the weekly alert schedule means I might still be a couple days late to 'old' news and thus don't feel like commenting. If there was an rss/twitter/tumblr/facebook/instagram(etc) feed it would be easier to keep track. Furthermore, if you'd like forum members to read the magazine site, you should post a new thread in Fashion Media forum (or perhaps add a dedicated subforum) for each new sz-mag website article and also link directly at the bottom of each article to its respective thread where discussion is encouraged.

A more delicate issue is linking/discussing sz-mag articles that aren't yet on the web. Sometimes in threads here I'd like to refer to an idea or image from the mag (for example, while reading the thread discussing your article on The Case for Uniforms I wanted to refer to your Thom Browne Grayscale Rainbow in SZ Mag issue 5). I wouldn't want to post a scan or transcribe an article that would help people skip out on buying this particular magazine.

I quite happy with the magazine site as-is right now though. One reason I don't give feedback more times than I really should is because an editorial is so breathtakingly beautiful, it leaves me speechless
    One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art ― Oscar Wilde

I know the review is going to be out in a week.. but judging from the gallery that was posted kindly by natrualmonds, it seems like a compilation of previous publications.. talking to myself, triptych etc.

Thank you for the feedback, Sue. We do have a FB page where we post every article and we do have an active Instagram account. We technically have Twitter, maybe we should start using that.

We had the magazine thread in the fashion media section, but it seems that very few people look there, so we have moved it into the shopping section.

We post pretty much every article here, but perhaps you are right that we should post it in two places, the dedicated thread and subject thread.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I can't seem to locate the fall autumn 1993 collection, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.