Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • negroygris
    • Aug 2013

richard_cao i just puked in my mouth twice seriously? Those shoes really hurts my eyes.
    We hope that people will begin to see beyond the superficial surface of things and understand that there is far more to a design than just the way it looks on the outside.

-GEOFFREY B. SMALL

Comment

• richard_cao
      • Mar 2016

Originally posted by negroygris View Post
      richard_cao i just puked in my mouth twice seriously? Those shoes really hurts my eyes.
      I know right. Even worse than those rainbow color way CCP.
      Never dress down.

Comment

• Prototypes
        • Oct 2008

Hey all, just wanted to check if this stooges is authentic. The zip has been altered at the main body and was told the epaulets removed as well. the rest of the zips are from an older batch of raccagni as seen. no wash or size tags as i think its was removed during the repair.

all in all, if this do turn out authentic, i would like to know which season its from too, tried digging it out but to no avail.

appreciate your help guys. cheers
        Last edited by Prototypes; 02-18-2017, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• dji
          • Feb 2008

Fake, Rick jackets don't have the double tag below the collar.

Comment

• blackfedora
            • Jan 2012

There are a couple other things about that Stooges that struck me as odd.

1) The little pocket should have a snap and it always shows some imprint through the leather so that is apparent from the outside; the one pictured seems to lack this.

2) The sleeve seam on my Stooges (FW14) runs directly into the centre of my cuff zipper for a clean, symmetrical line. The jacket pictured is off centred for a sloppy, if not small, detail.

3) The last thing that differs is the "U-shaped" seam that runs under the arm pit. All versions that I have seen have a double line of stitching and this one lacks it from what I can tell....if the picture was bigger it may be easier to confirm.

Comment

• Prototypes
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by dji View Post
              Fake, Rick jackets don't have the double tag below the collar.
              Thanks dji, good to see your reply! yes, that was what I figured as well but i don't wear enough rick to verify.

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post
              There are a couple other things about that Stooges that struck me as odd.

1) The little pocket should have a snap and it always shows some imprint through the leather so that is apparent from the outside; the one pictured seems to lack this.

2) The sleeve seam on my Stooges (FW14) runs directly into the centre of my cuff zipper for a clean, symmetrical line. The jacket pictured is off centred for a sloppy, if not small, detail.

3) The last thing that differs is the "U-shaped" seam that runs under the arm pit. All versions that I have seen have a double line of stitching and this one lacks it from what I can tell....if the picture was bigger it may be easier to confirm.
              Yes blackfedora thank you for the input as well, all other stooges from recent collections does have the sleeve seam throughout (2). and I only see U-shape underarm seam on drkshdw's denim jackets (like an 2009 piece that I had)

I've attached one more up close shot for you

let me know what you think. I trusted the seller as I believe he was once from this forum as well and thought it could indeed be from a older collection like he mentioned.

Comment

• blackfedora
                • Jan 2012

The leather actually looks kind of like LCW which is a nice leather....

The under arm U-shaped seam is on all stooges...it's just that the jacket in question has no visible seam along it (internalised seam is what I am trying to say). In all that examples in the links below (sorry for all links being from Grailed) which come from FW2009 to SS2015 Stooges, the "U-shaped" seam is a visible double row of stitching on the body portion (I don't know the proper term for the stitch). The double row of seams continues all around the shoulder too. This is the seam I'm referring to:

Searching for LastDrop Stooges Hammered Lamb Leather Rider Jacket? We’ve got Rick Owens Men's Outerwear starting at $700 and plenty of other Men's Outerwear. Shop our selection of Rick Owens today!

Searching for New Stooges Biker Leather Jacket? We’ve got Rick Owens Men's Outerwear starting at $785 and plenty of other Men's Outerwear. Shop our selection of Rick Owens today!

Searching for Lamb Leather Stooges Biker? We’ve got Rick Owens Men's Outerwear starting at $1260 and plenty of other Men's Outerwear. Shop our selection of Rick Owens today!

Searching for Stooges Biker Jacket? We’ve got Rick Owens Men's Outerwear starting at $327 and plenty of other Men's Outerwear. Shop our selection of Rick Owens today!

Also in all cases, the snap head of the small front pocket at the lower left pokes through.

The one part that bothers me it the rest of the sleeve seams and the darts on the back look pretty damn accurate.

Comment

• Prototypes
                  • Oct 2008

Thank you for the links blackfedora, still quite a mystery to me as well after all these...

Comment

• blackfedora
                    • Jan 2012

I'd say pass on it as the little details on the Stooges model seem to be highly conserved over many seasons and I have yet to find an example of an outlier that matches the odd details of the jacket in question.

Comment

• ggrass
                      • Aug 2013

Hi everyone,
                      does it look authentic?My concern is: tag says LB(which is blistered lamb i guess?) but leather does not seem blistered

Comment

• blackfedora
                        • Jan 2012

Have you a picture of the tag?

Comment

• ggrass
                          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post
                          Have you a picture of the tag?
                          Here it is

Comment

• blackfedora
                            • Jan 2012

The tag looks authentic, the leather looks good, it's an older piece and the zippers are Raccagni. Then I noticed on the tag that the leather was calf and not lamb as one would expect from blistered lamb. When I did some more research into old Rick Owens leather codes and I found an old post here on SZ (fall 2011) where LB = unwashed calf and blistered lamb, depending on the season. See http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...s-Julius/page4 (scroll to Shucks' post #78 near the bottom). Not the most consistent system, but I guess that keeps us sharp.

Comment

• richard_cao
                              • Mar 2016

Currently looking at this pair of Guidi 992. The overall looks legit but the nails on bottom seems too clean? I dont know. Could someone help?
                              Never dress down.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                                • Sep 2008

^I have only handled two pair of Guidi, but these looks fine and legit to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎