X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pontifex
    • Jun 2010

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
    true story: i won the pants and then got suspicious. it was a few days and i was in new york for a bit and he relisted the item and they ended last night and he sends me a message and says "hey are you going to pay? it's been a week!" and i was fully aware he sold the same item to someone else for $10 more and was still wanting to know when i was going to pay so i told him "you just relisted and sold the item in a quick auction..." so there is something extremely shady going on if you ask me. i know i shouldnt have bid on them but ebay is a shitshow.
    Well...I guess this was meant for you then?

"Ever consider the possibility that I have more than one unit? I have three on hand dude, so I dot know what you're getting at. If you dot want to pay, that's fine, I will just relist the item and send them to someone else. Thanks for wasting my time

- cruxxx"

I bid and won them, might have been too trigger happy here but I'll give you an update on autencity when/if the pants arrive.
    oh, R'lyeh?

Comment

• messenoire
      • Nov 2009

i suppose so. 3 of the same prototypes without the tags that have come with every julius sample, jackets/shirts/pants/etc, labeled "1st, 2nd, 3rd, or presentation" on the back of the tag and no other tags that identify these as julius other than what his friend told him. for him to bring back 3 samples of the same drop crotch trouser because he is "tight with them" and then turn them over to ebay is suspicious. i dont want to come across as defensive but i am just protecting myself on this one. he can absolutely sell them to someone who is more comfortable with the story he's told and i hope they are authentic and i'm just being a dick. they're all going for dirt cheap as well when it comes to julius...

Comment

• darkbydesign
        • Sep 2010

^^Believe me. I understand too. I went almost 3 months before they guy got me stuff a couple years ago, but one day it sure as hell showed up and was some of the most authentic Julius stuff I've owned. Much of the items were ones I already owned and just got in new colors so they were authentic.

Now.......how the hell he's getting the stuff is another story. I think it must have literally been manufactured from the Japanese proxy order because I'd ask daily and it took months! I was pissed and even gave up on the dude, but then one day all my shit just showed up.

Guess I'm saying, avoid the guy unless you really want something that you cannot find elsewhere, but in my case the items did eventually show up and they were authentic. cruxxx=egocomplex=another name too...cody leeder.

Comment

• Oasis
          • Apr 2011

They're a legit UK business; all the items they're selling are legit.
          Originally posted by christianef
          u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• cmitso412
            • Feb 2010

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rick-Owens-b...#ht_500wt_1204

Does anyone know if these are legit? I can't tell from the pics, maybe someone else can. is the bottom a "vibram" type thing?

Comment

• michael_kard
              • Oct 2010

They're fake. The shaft looks too slim imo. The crepe was probably added by the guy.
              ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
              Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• shdws
                • Sep 2011

I have never seen that Silent dress (looks more like a tee to me) before :/
                hmmm wonder what season it's from, if it is legit....
                Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• michael_kard
                  • Oct 2010

That company sells samples on eBay.
                  Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• cmitso412
                    • Feb 2010

Thank you MK. I guess its a good thing I didn't get them .

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                    They're fake. The shaft looks too slim imo. The crepe was probably added by the guy.

Comment

• Patroklus
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2011

Top tag is legit and matches all the other Ann tags I own and have seen, bottom tag is the suspicious garment. The garment itself is constructed a little bit differently/less competently than my other Ann, which is what really made me suspicious.

Comment

• michael_kard
                        • Oct 2010

From what I can see it looks legit. The striped lining also seems to be Ann's typical Viscose/Acetate blend.

Comment

• KingJulien
                          • Oct 2011

I think the tag on my Ann suit looks like that. I thought it was weird too but the fabric is way too nice for it to be a fake or anything. MK, do you know if it's just an older tag or what?

Comment

• michael_kard
                            • Oct 2010

There's at least six different types of Ann logo labels AFAIK, but overall they can be divided into three sizes. First you got the smaller ones like the one on top, typically used for lighter garments. Second you have the bigger type that is only topstitched on the top like the item below, and then the typical bigger one that is screenprinted on white fabric for the men's (I think after 2005) and embroidered like the second for the women's.

The only item I have with a label like the one whose authenticity Patroklus is questioning is from men's FW06. Interestingly, a FW06 leather I used to have had the screenprinted type.

TL;DR: Ann uses different types of labels.

Comment

• KingJulien
                              • Oct 2011

Interesting. That SS 06 blazer from yoox that I pm'ed you about (I ended up sending it back, was too flimsy for the price) had the screenprinted tag as well. I have no idea what season the suit is from; the pants are pretty full-cut (10.5" leg opening) and the only really identifying feature are Riri zips that adjust the waist. The lapels are on the narrow side so I don't think it could be too old, but yeah I just checked and it definitely has that embroidered tag.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎