• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: Ann Demeulemeester Mens FW 07-08

Yea, exactly!

I'm really interested in the fabric on these pants, it looks interesting.
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Thank you, laika. A lot of it is very good, definitely the strongest collection since she went stand alone for menswear. I love the jackets, but they look like they'll be too long for me :-)
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Seventh
        • Dec 2006

Yes, I think the jackets in the collection are fantastic (I am long torsoed, so perhaps I am biased...). However, i can't get the pictures to enlarge. can someone post a larger version of this look (I am facinated by that vest--and I don't even care for vests in general):

Comment

• nqth
          • Sep 2006

I really like the pics from the showroom. It's so simple and easy. It looks like you just have to put the clotheson and that's it. Thefirst jkt that Faust posted is actually very Comme:-P. I like the boots,tho. Look like the social worker's version here(sth for miss Campbell :-)

Thanks for the pics:-)

Comment

• casem
            • Sep 2006

Thanks for the pics Laika. This jacket with the white piping is so nice! I think it might be THE coat for the winter.

[quote user="laika"]

Click for enlarged images.

[/quote]
            music

Comment

• laika
              • Sep 2006

Here you go, Seventh. I'll post big pics of the rest tomorrow, I am getting very behind on posting....[:S]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• laika
                • Sep 2006

Ok, here's the rest.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• laika
                  • Sep 2006

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

I gotta say, I think these clothes are really gorgeous, and you guys would be so seriously handsome in all of them! [:)]

I am so impressed with the subtlety and thoughtfulness of the details on every last garment, even the simple white shirt. It's like her menswear has grown up; and like nqth said, it looks so easy to wear.

Faust, I think the jackets might work on you...the proportions would be different from the model (who has the longest torso I have ever seen [:|]), but they might be so different as to actually look very good. Worth a try anyway, as they are really so elegant. [51]

Comment

• Seventh
                        • Dec 2006

Thanks Laika,

the vest and shirt is stunning. what is going on with the collars of her shirts? (is it just rolled fabric on the white shirt?) what ever it is I like it a lot :)

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

I don't find this collection astounding really.... individual pieces or the overall looks. It just comes off as a bit sloppy instead of casual-sharp.

I like the current collection in terms of looks but the prices (what you pay vs. what you get) really turned me off. As Cas and others have done/are doing, it's easy to replicate the look and make a lot of the pieces without having to pay astounding prices.

This upcoming season with the high smooth leather boots is a bit too.... equestrian in a way. Nothing here in these photos is anything new. It's a "watered down" collection of what I think of Ann's work. The asymmetric button vest and the interesting printed soft button ups are there but it's just not that flowing-yet-sharp look that I associate and love about Ann's past collections.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

Just found this interesting tidbit on wikipedia about ann (not sure if this has been discussed):

"Currently, she is working on a clothing line inspired by Jackson Pollack."

anyone know if this is in reference to her own line or a actual new clothing line named something else?

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

Just found this interesting tidbit on wikipedia about ann (not sure if this has been discussed):

anyone know if this is in reference to her own line or a actual new clothing line named something else?

[/quote]

It's Wikipedia, sometimes you don't know who edited it, when, and why. We'll see soon if this season has anything to do with JP.

On another note - Atelier got their first FW07 shipment yesterday. I tried on the asymmetrical vest in the top post - it was very nice.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

[/quote]

Perhaps they are referring to the paint-splattered collection of last summer? [I]

I think the article may be out of date....Faust......you should really get on that. [:P]

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎