• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: dilemna

P, I don't even know what you're doin with that equip hahaha
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="pbt"]

First PM gets it once I'm done with it.

[/quote]

thanks, but I'm already self-medicating (pours another half glass of wine)

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• pbt
        • Jan 2007

I've run out already.

Comment

• Johnny
          • Sep 2006

well this is all very entertainining isn't it!

I am certainly uptight, ocassionally whiny, and always british, so it's a fair cop....

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

[74][74][74]

my gods...everyone is just on fire this week....my belly hurts from laughing so much....and from trying too hard to make myself understood...we all need to chill... it's just clothes and critical thought anyway.

I dunno about you, but I like to relax by sending random and under-the-influence pms to the always kind and very tolerant-of-my-nonsense Casius. Sorry Cas! [:$][74]

[/quote]

Oooooh, Laika comes out of the closet! More juice, please!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
              • Sep 2006

Johnny, you are apparently a lot less uptight than me!

Faust! [86] I was kidding....chalk it up to after too much laughter giddiness and the full moon that's been over Stylezeitgeist (cleverly pointed out to me by pbt).

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

yes the manic energy on SZ has been amazing lately
                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Fuuma
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]

well this is all very entertainining isn't it!

I am certainly uptight, ocassionally whiny, and always british, so it's a fair cop....

[/quote]

It could be worse, say if you were: certainly whiny, occasionally British and always uptight.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                  http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Helgen
                    • Mar 2008

Re: Your Style Philosophy

My philosophy is pretty simple, I just wear whatever I think looks best without care, and I'd say I know what I'm doing for the most part.

Comment

• kira
                      • Mar 2008

[quote user="laika"]

Johnny, you are apparently a lot less uptight than me!

Faust! [86] I was kidding....chalk it up to after too much laughter giddiness and the full moon that's been over Stylezeitgeist (cleverly pointed out to me by pbt).

[/quote]

there has been some kind of energy around that is for sure. i have been infected by it and still am.[74]

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• laika
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="kira"]

there has been some kind of energy around that is for sure. i have been infected by it and still am.[74]

[/quote]

well, naturally you and I are the most infected! [86]

Comment

• kira
                          • Mar 2008

[quote user="laika"][quote user="kira"]

[/quote]

well, naturally you and I are the most infected! [86]

[/quote]

quite true[75]

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                            • Jan 2008

[quote user="deleuze"][quote user="laika"]

I wish you had left Sarl or whatever his name is to languish in obscurity, because the ugliness of that comparison really does mess up the beauty of this thread... and more importantly, as an intentional slur about Johnny, it's completely unfair and unfounded.[:(]

[/quote]

True but at the same time it is relevant. Intentionality or "saying what one means" is a fantasy that inevitably leads to contradiction (re: Derrida's deconstuctive analysis of Searle). In the same way clothing can never be understood as entirely separate from the body/consciousness whether it be as representation or a utilitarian cloaking. One's style philosophy can never be a true reflection as it is always interpreted the "wrong" way by the other no matter how simple it may appear to be. I look at style as a game, not something that represents "who I am" but something that acts as a medium between me and the world. The same way language, emotions, gestures, are employed. In this sense clothing is the body just as much as gestures and language are. There is no point at which one can say clothing ends and the body begins. I might want to make a statement: "look at my clothes" and all that can be heard is my voice. Body/language has become my clothing.

[/quote]

Sorry laika, there's no ugliness in this, the beauty lies in the reference persistence to draw
                            us back to the initial discussion, as Deleuze elegantly elaborates here. It even takes up on the
                            same ideas you have put forward in your posts about the relation between body/clothing.
                            The ugliness would have been if we had carried on, with the same level, even though articulate,
                            of immature personal attacks that Johnny puts forward. Deleuze is on a whole other level,
                            that of style philosophy! [51]

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                            Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• dontbecruel
                              • Sep 2006

You are weirdly confident that you are the one in the right here, Becoming-Intense. But your posts are the ones that come over as immature (and hostile) to me. Please stop trying so hard, it's making me tired just reading it.

Comment

• laika
                                • Sep 2006

pbt, did you survive the night, i could use another hit of those pills...[79]

I didn't say anything before because I thought it would be obvious to anyone who read my peace keeping post, but it's precisely the personal attacks (on either side) that I find ugly, and that's why I objected to Deleuze's "comparison." Clearly, I'm completely over-sensitive, since Johnny was apparently able to find humor in it, and very gracefully too. I don't have a problem with the philosophy at all, but it's really not relevant to what I wrote!

now how's that object-dyed white horse coming along....i wanna go dancing at the disco....[<:o)]

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎