• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

Re: International Ordering

[quote user="mike lowrey"]

a friend of mine is occasionally in tokyo so I try to use him as much as possible, but as far as proxies go, I've been using a friend of Juno's for quite a while (he operates under bid-service.jp as well), and service / effectiveness wise he is without a doubt the best. quick replies, instant order after payment, instant shipping and so on. his e-mail is miffy (at) bid-service.jp. hes more on the expensive side though, 15% I think.

Sharpservice seems effective, but I've only made a couple of inquiries. highly rated though.

price wise, I think there are a couple of proxies that have posts on superfuture that charge around 10%. I've used Haji (parachutes on sufu) and he charges 10% I think. not the most effective or quickest, but reliable guy. he mentioned living in Tokyo now so he might be up for store pickups. Sharp also does stores I think

[/quote]

Thanks!!!

Irrlight mentionned using a pretty good one, care to chime in?

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• ddohnggo
      • Oct 2006

he used sharp service (hide). i've tried using him a few times for some unsuccessful y!jp bids, but he was very nice, pretty quick and his command of english is good. plus he charges 10% only on the item.

http://www.sharpservice.jp/

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• LanceP
        • Oct 2006

I've used Celga a number of times before. Their communication is on point, as well as their fees, plus their packaging job is really good. They just take awhile to ship due to all the steps you have to take upon winning an auction. Sometimes, it can take 3 weeks or so from the end date of the auction to receive your package.

I've used Juno (Bid-Service) a couple of times prior to Celga. He is good as well, but the fees are a bit higher than Celga.

I've also used both Hajime (parachutes on superfuture) and japanhookup. Both have great communication, as well as a a 14% fee... but I prefer Hajime because he sends his invoices in yen as opposed to U.S. dollar, and most of the time that comes out cheaper.

As of late, I've been using Hide (SharpService). He is very polite, as well as extremely reliable when it comes to communication. Plus, his low fee of 10% is amazing.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Fuuma"]So who'se the best japanese proxy these days (price+service)?[/quote]

I use https://www.japanauctioncenter.com/. While their fees maybe a bit higher, what I like about them is their proxy bidding software - it allows you to change your mind at the last minute. The shipping is very quick, but they do have all these strange miscellaneous charges.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

I've had some shipping issues with japanauctioncenter.. I got something from Yahoo, a couple of days after they had already received the first item, I bid on something else. for some reason they held on to the first item even though it had been there a few days and I had chosen not hold it but rather to ship it right away. after they received the second item it took a week for them to ship the stuff out after I had e-mailed them.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• audrey
              • Dec 2006

does anyone know of a good uk proxy?

Comment

• Jochan3000
                • Sep 2006

Has anyone ordered from Seven New York to a place outside of the United States?

And in that case, do you know if you get charged with customs?

Comment

• jj.still
                  • Dec 2006

[quote user="Jochan3000"]

Has anyone ordered from Seven New York to a place outside of the United States?

And in that case, do you know if you get charged with customs?

[/quote]

Try to think.. It always depends on the destination country customspolicies.

Comment

• Jochan3000
                    • Sep 2006

What is with the attitude? I already know that countries has different customs policies and whether you are being charged with customs or not also seems to depend on which shipping method the store uses.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Jochan3000"]What is with the attitude? I already know that countries has different customs policies and whether you are being charged with customs or not also seems to depend on which shipping method the store uses.
                      [/quote]

Relax, might be a case of getting lost in translation. JJ.still is right though - ideally, you should know your country's laws better then us. The customs rate is really always the same - how the carrier approaches the issuer may differ.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

yea regardless of carrier, it depends on your country. not sure how Sweden is, but in Finland almost all packages shipped via USPS that are more than $100 in value go to customs. for couriers like UPS or Fedex, it varies by case. best option is to use a proxy, have someone order it and then ship it to you with the value marked low enough.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• the breaks
                          • Sep 2007

^What he said. I almost never order anything internationally unless I can be sure the value will be marked down on the package or if it's a place I know from experience I won't get hit with customs (yoox [64]).
                          Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• bakla
                            • Oct 2006

So Oki-ni is apparently terrible ignorant of the ways of VAT. When inquiring about the price of goods after VAT is deducted because I live in the US, and if they won't do it if I can at least have the forms to do it myself, they sent these two replies, both essentially the same:

"We do not have any forms here, sorry.

VAT is inclusive in the stated price, so cannot be shown separately, so I don't think you can refund VAT due to this."

Silly retailers.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                              • Oct 2006

ya, i pinged them about VAT a while ago and i got the same response. i thought it was absolutely stupid.
                              Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

I got a response from a bit ago saying something like, "We can't take VAT out of the order but if we could we would have to charge more for shipping so it would negate the savings..." Or something to that nature.

WTF?

It's funny how each retailer does it differently. The Rick Owens flagship wont take out VAT either...and their shipping is $100!
                                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎