• Show
Clear All

Re: Damir Doma

Picture of the shirt:

Comment

• kompressorkev
      • Dec 2006

from the pics the stuff looks great, i really like it. nothing too new, but ican see myself wearing a bunchof the pieces. i was hoping pricing would be competitive as it was earlier rumored to be, but i noticed from japanese online shops that's clearly not the case. i was keeping quiet just hoping that it was just marked up in japan, but i guess pricing is moderately high across the board. so seven's prices don't seem too marked up to me. seems a bunch of shops have this line: boutiquew, core, and ard.

Comment

• bakla
        • Oct 2006

Saw the Damir Doma pieces at Seven, and they're very detailed, but nothing was an absolute standout for me. The long-fronted trench was rather nice, yet not exactly a must-have. They have images up of their buy on their website.

Comment

• NYCREW
          • Feb 2008

HI~^ ^

I ever heard`Damir Doma` but I read this article, I foundinteresting men`s wear desingner~~^ ^

Thank you~~^ ^

Comment

• Canaduh0415
            • Feb 2008

Ultra soft tee....I am a 40R chest typically...if draping is the aesthetic would i be a 48 to 50 then?
            It has been a very difficult year

Comment

• Canaduh0415
              • Feb 2008

great shirt! What is the title of that piece, didn't see it on Seven website

Comment

• Avantster
                ¤¤¤
                • Sep 2006

Saw a few pieces at Isetan Shinjuku - a few tees and cotton short sleeved tops. Unfortunately they did not have more interesting pieces such as jackets or even shirts. The tees were 31,000 JPY if I remember correctly. Though I really didn't get to see much, and the fact that Japan's markup tends to be high, personally the prices left much to be desired.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Canaduh0415
                  • Feb 2008

Seven has the cardigan and it is really rather nice....I seem to me angling much more lately to cutaway jackets and thin oversized pieces with slim silhouettes and Damir Doma conveys that aesthetic...I wonder sometimes though if the medium is Chicken and I am the egg or vice-versa?

Comment

[quote user="Canaduh0415"]great shirt! What is the title of that piece, didn't see it on Seven website[/quote]

It's the first one in their list; they call it the "grey ultrasoft layered tee". Looks like it has already sold out...

Comment

• Pinoy
                      • Dec 2006

I'm surprised the shirt sold out! If anything, the cardigan should've sold out first. IMO its a beautiful piece with a lovely drape and interesting details.

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

This is maybe some of the best styling of Damir for SS08 I have seen...

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

got the cardi today. super sick. the look on the website is tied wrong..stoked that A will carry it next fall. this stuff blows away LUC.
                          One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

I'm actually surprised to read that from you Pniz. (the LUC thing that is)

I like some of the Doma pieces but I think I need to inspect them in person before I dive into them. I really like this plaid shirt with knit sleeves though; It's so simple but the knit sleeves set it off!

But....for $500....I just don't know...

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

i actually stumbled across the stuff at seven, and its really great, really amazin, i will probably buy more. its slightly derivative of RO, the zip pockets in the front of pants, but the ties and pulls are all damir's own. ok. ok, i'll stop dissing the overpriced LUC, its just cool to get a super complicated cardi for 425 as opposed to the shirt for 720. but thats the last time i diss LUC. to each his own.
                              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

Oh, trust me, I have no problem with you dissing LUC's pricing because it is truly outrageous especially when compared to, like you said, something more complicated for half the price.

I'm actually really impressed with Damir and his F/W08.09 collection was one of my favorites of the season. He seems to have a voice all of his own which I quite enjoy. Now I just need to view the stuff in the flesh...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎