Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Julius F/W 08.09

Default Julius F/W 08.09

Thank you to tOm of SF.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Default Re: Julius F/W 08.09

Goth-Pilots... yay!

Looks good and "Juliusy" so far, I hope it won't disappoint.

I think I want one of those hats.

[quote user="merz"]is that guy wearing a du-rag with it?[/quote]

It looks like he's wearing a thin beanie or skull cap under it, or at least I know that's what I'm gonna be doing with it.[73]

[quote user="merz"]

i second that.

is that guy wearing a du-rag with it?

[/quote]
    Maybe it's one of the panels from the draped shirt that he's wrapped around his head, since each season the shirts seem to get more and more fabric....

as usual, the leathers are looking great! looking to see more of the collection..

Really like the leather and styling as usual - but is this really any different from the previous collections?
    let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

[quote user="Avantster"]Really like the leather and styling as usual - but is this really any different from the previous collections?
    [/quote]

hard to tell based on this as the pics have a couple of very similar looks, but the leathers look quite similar as do the pants, the big stole etc.

theres only a few looks here so can't say a lot

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Julius doing Julius.
    Suede is too Gucci.

yeah mike, you are right - need to see more.

what I'm trying to say is I'm looking for the 'evolution' rather than the 'new' so to speak.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

I think those are just creases..? not sure

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

[quote user="the breaks"]Julius doing Julius.
    [/quote]

I'd say Julius doing Julius but styling it like Rick Owens (those caps, the scandinavian looking models, more leather hiding the drape). As I mentioned before the Japanese are keeping it safe and not going out of their comfort zone when tackling the european market for the first time. They've got a strong and unified back-catalog and present a sort of distilled best of, while trying to merge it with european sensibilities, a move that may blow back in their faces if they loose the otherness that somehow explains their magnetism.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

^ or if they start cutting things larger to accomodate the euros.

Fall 08/09 is the first season that they are introducing a bigger size range to accommodate european sizes.
    For purchasing information please email campbell@darklandsberlin.com

[quote user="Komakino"]Fall 08/09 is the first season that they are introducing a bigger size range to accommodate european sizes.[/quote]

Yay! So I may actually find something that is in my size for once? :)

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Yep... this season that they just showed in Paris will be the one.
    For purchasing information please email campbell@darklandsberlin.com

[quote user="Avantster"]Really like the leather and styling as usual - but is this really any different from the previous collections?
    [/quote]

I guess they are saving the flourescent pinks and oranges for next season ; (

Or maybe Julius do not feel a part of that kind of shape shifting chicanery

Not to mention that this is the first time it has ever officially been seen outside Japan.

[quote user="Fuuma"]

[/quote]

I'd say Julius doing Julius but styling it like Rick Owens (those caps, the scandinavian looking models, more leather hiding the drape)

[/quote]

A very cheap shot. I believe that pilots have been were wearing similiar headgear even before Mr. Owens came along with his styling tips.

Plus the fact that the skull-caps are more Roman Centurian ; which was part of the concept

Which you didn't know

And I am not about to elaborate : )

Not sure if you meant to.... But you sound like an asshole.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

[quote user="STEALTH"][quote user="Fuuma"]

[/quote]

I'd say Julius doing Julius but styling it like Rick Owens (those caps, the scandinavian looking models, more leather hiding the drape)

[/quote]

A very cheap shot. I believe that pilots have been were wearing similiar headgear even before Mr. Owens came along with his styling tips.

Plus the fact that the skull-caps are more Roman Centurian ; which was part of the concept

Which you didn't know

And I am not about to elaborate : )

[/quote]

I described a look and made a valid comparison to anotherone, yours or the designer's opinion is only worth as much as howthey can substantiate it; after all the author has been dead for more than 40 years. If you want to elaborate please do, I'm interested in what you may bring to the discussion.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff