Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Introduce Yourself

Here is a thread for the new (and the old, if you wish) members to introduce themselves. You can do it Alcoholics Anonymous style, or write a poem, or post a picture, or whatever suits you.

I guess I should start. I won't reveal my name, just because I don't like it floating on the Internet, and some of you know it anyway :-).

I live in New York, and I've been following fashion for about 11 years now more or less. I don't remember how I got into it to be honest. My favorite designers are: Ann Demeulemeester, Raf Simons, Marting Margiela, Yohji Yamamoto, Rick Owens, Maurizio Altieri (Carpe Diem), Helmut Lang, and Carol Christian Poell. I don't know what else to say...

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Default Re: Introduce Yorself

[quote user="Faust"]

I live in New York, and I've been following fashion for about 11 years now more or less. I don't remember how I got into it to be honest. My favorite designers are: Ann Demeulemeester, Raf Simons, Marting Margiela, Yohji Yamamoto, Rick Owens, Maurizio Altieri (Carpe Diem), Helmut Lang, and Carol Christian Poell. I don't know what else to say...

[/quote]

laconically [75]

But sure that more than half of the members there can post the same [83]

Default Re: Introduce Yorself

Well, I haven't posted anything until now so I'll give a shot at this:

I live in the Midwest and I'm a college freshman. I became interested in fashion around since 2000, particularly because I liked looking at fashion editorials in vogue, arena homme, etc. My favorite designers are Raf Simons, Hedi Slimane (at YSL and Dior), Helmut Lang, and Nicholas Ghesguière of Balenciaga. I really want to make my own clothes, but guess I just need the time and materials. I'm also aiming to get a BFA in graphic design.

Default Re: Introduce Yourself

i just wanted to fix the spelling mistake
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Well, I am based out of Chicago,but stay where my consulting assignments ( which can sometimes stretch upto an year!) take me to..Currently on an assignment in silicon valley.Much like the common denominator of this board, my interests would be in Carpe Diem, Ann,Rick and Hedi Slimane (pre 2005),Jun Takahashi...This board has shaped my interests in fashionand it's great to be able to learn from !

Default Re: Introduce Yo' badass self son!

Weee!

I'm now a medical student living in San Antonio, moved down from Boston where I was doing medical research at the ol' Crimson. I e-met Faust years and years ago when I bought a Luster jacket from him (which I now regret selling too haha) via ebay.

Been into fashion since 1999-ish and things really got going once I found Dior Homme right in between Follow Me and Luster. After Hedi's stuff went south post s/s 05 the mayhem began as I got into Rick, Carpe and now it's MA+ and Poell.

Now, I'm a mere husk of a man that can do nothing but click the refresh button on SZ, and dig through yahoo/ebay auctions for hours and hours. I don't bathe, don't shave, barely eat and pee into a thermos so I do not have to leave my computer. Thank you SZ!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Yo people the YORSELF IS SPELLED WRONG. ITS TRIGGERING OCD REFLEX
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

[quote user="philip nod"]Yo people the YORSELF IS SPELLED WRONG. ITS TRIGGERING OCD REFLEX
    [/quote]

This site is making my stomach muscles hurt from laughing so much. Perhaps it is one of those day for me... am just a bit giddy. OCD REFLEX how does one control that. I can not.

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

[quote user="philip nod"]Yo people the YORSELF IS SPELLED WRONG. ITS TRIGGERING OCD REFLEX
    [/quote]

what are you talking about? [83]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Now that I graduated from college I am stuck in limbo, which looks surprising like Southern California. I am waiting to hear back from a few optometry schools but it looks like I will end up somewhere on the east coast. I only got into fashion after my freshman year of college. Previously I wore whatever my mother had purchased me or what I wore to play golf in but I had always wanted to dress like some of the classic rock stars but with a "dark" twist.

Default Re: Introduce Yousef

introduce yousef
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Lets try this.

I live in New York. I work within the visual arts arena.

I was encouraged by a friend to join and start posting. So I did. I have a renewed study of movement that completely captivates me at the moment and that drew me in more to the site. I am interested in how clothing affects the body and how we are drawn to it. I am interested in how the clothing and the runway can act as performance. I am interested in seeing how people feel in their skin and what is on it, while exploring how I feel in my own skin and what I put on it. I have followed fashion from a very distant point of view, so not terribly versed in things. I am drawn to Ann Demeulemeester right now, like some of what I have seen from Limi Feu. Learning quickly by the minute.

I absolutely love tomatoes, feel the most comfortable in the color black, although my favorite is red, and love to laugh, apparently uncontrollably these days.

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

My very 1st post.

Ummm....a few people here will recognize me from 2 other fora.

24 in NYC (as of 2 years) and orginally from California

I'm 22, Texas resident my whole life (Houston, then College Station). Next year I'll be moving to San Antonio to go to medical school where our very own Chinorlz is attending. Got into fashion after desperately trying to imitate what Cedric and Omar were wearing from At the Drive In. I neeeeded those jeans. I play in a local indie rock band, and dabble in electronic pop music in my spare time. My two guitars being a Rickenbacker 360 mapleglo and a Rick 650D.

I dress halfway between high fashion and streetwear. I love Dior Homme, but my closet these days range from Julius, Rick Owens, viridi-anne, to visvim and supreme. I just pick up pieces here and there.

haven't posted much yet... but i always check the forums.

Live in Sydney, Aus. Study architecture and work as a shoemaker's assistant. I fell in love with Raf Simons and Chalayan through some loose Architecture links. Came to this forum after googleing ccp wanting to know more about a shirt I picked up on sale from a local shop which was closing down. At the moment I am into a New Zealand label called Nom*D, Rick, Raf, Ann and CCP.

welcome, Asho - great to see another sydneysider here.

Would that local shop happen to be Belinda Menswear? They had a decent amount of old CCP pieces (of which I picked up a few) before they closed. It's quite a shame they are gone now.

I'll play too. Name's Brian, 24, Sydney. In the finance industry. Avid martial artist. I enjoy any kind of creative work that creates, generates, or fuels emotion in myself or other people. My favourite designer would be Yohji Yamamoto. I followed Faust from tFS along with a number of others.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

[quote user="iSuck"]

My very 1st post.

Ummm....a few people here will recognize me from 2 other fora.

24 in NYC (as of 2 years) and orginally from California

[/quote]

ah, ok, I know you. Hey maybe you can dig out the old Thom Browne thread and contribute to it - you seem to know a lot about it.

Welcome, everyone new, and thanks for posting here.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

My reputation precedes me. ;)

Umm you can dig it if you want and I'll work my magic.

Hey, my name is Jens and i'm from Helsinki, Finland. I'm 16 years old and really intrested in fashion. I've just gotten into drawing some pieces an such. I really don't have any CCP, carpe diem, etc. because I haven't got the money at this age. I'm really open for new ideas, new designers and new music so I guess this is the right place for me ;P

Hi everyone...

nice to see you all.

Im Falcon based in Shanghai. Crazy into fashion as you all...
    22, local Shanghainese..
    My job is to bring things we love into China like a translator.
    We dont have much ways to be informed about this type of fashion.
    If anything interested in me and wat im doing, pm me and I would tell about us.
    haha
    Feel fresh to come here and tell everybody about a Chinese university student's idea on fashion.

thx.