Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recession Support Group (no enablers allowed!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pbt
    • Jan 2007

Re: Recession Support Group (no enablers allowed!)

By the way someone please tell me if the Nigel Dixon action has been posted already!

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="theetruscan"]I dunno man, it looks like a girl wearing her boyfriend's shirt around the house. What about that is different from oversized AA shirts? Maybe if you leave the pricetag on someone will know the difference, but I really don't see how it could be worth $500 to look like you're just out of a (much larger) someone else's bed.
      [/quote]

dude looks like a lady

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Voltaire-ADL, I'm gonna give it another try :)

The black "sack" that this man is wearing reminds me of when some poor "wet behind the ears" sailor was tossed overboard as punishment for not washing the poop deck correctly, then hauled back up and then forced to go back to work while his drenched clothes sag off of his moth-eaten body. It's not sharp, it's sloppy and formless and requires no imagination or creativity to make it. It's not distinctly Ann, it's distinctly oversized.

If you're looking at two amorphous pieces of cheap black fabric (and lets face it, Ann's quality has gone down faster than Sevigny on Gallo in Brown Bunny.Low stitch-per-inch count, cheap material, and even less creativity). that have exactly 4 holes (2 glorified "sleeves" and a smaller hole for your nugget and another for your legs), then look no further than your local friendly salvation army where you can very easily get something that fits just as "well" and costs closer to the value of the "design" of this look (that is: 75 cents per piece before tax).

Sure it may be Ann, and you may want to support her, and it may feel better knowing you got that rectangular black and white tag with her name on it slapping against your neck as you walk, but in the end, if you're gonna layer with it, people aren't going to see the lovely drape, flow or multiple layers of black tee. Save yourself the $1k.

YOU ARE PAYING ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS FOR TWO SHORT SLEEVE SHIRTS.

No fabric in the world costs that much. This is like 3 yards of black cotton in the end. Not even cotton, dyed with the blood of the archangel Gabriel and picked by Moses himself and then used to wrap the baby Jesus costs that much for three yards of fabric.

Not to mention the various sweat shops that now make Ann's stuff took precisely 10 minutes to measure, cut and sew (and laugh at all the suckers that will be buying regular black cotton sacks for five hundred a pop) this thing.

*whew*!!

In all honesty though Voltaire, that's really expensive for what you get from Ann... or from anyone else for two drapey t-shirts. To put it in perspective, even MA+/CCP/LMaltieri tees are on the order of $300ish. At least wait until deep discount time... I'm sure they'll still be around then especially since so many places carry Ann worldwide, you can almost certainly score it for a fraction of retail my friend.

[/quote]

this is the strongest candidate for my sig so far. damn.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="pbt"][quote user="Faust"][quote user="pbt"]

[quote user="Faust"]pbt, going off of your signature, have you ever read Master and Margarita?
          [/quote]

Faust, no I haven't though I've meant to pick it up having read the raves a while back on the WAYR thread. The signature is a quotefrom my latestfiction kick,Denis Johnson, and inspired by the recent Pniddy tear.

[/quote]

I think you might love it.

[/quote]

Faust, you've gone and broken the rules of FSG. I am soon gonna be $30.00 poorer, unless before I bite the bullet latertonightsomeone recommendsa different translation(Volokhonsky and Peavear?) over this one.

[/quote]

Man, tough call, never read it in English actually. Give me a day or two to research which translation is best.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
            • Mar 2008

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Voltaire-ADL, I'm gonna give it another try :)

The black "sack" that this man is wearing reminds me of when some poor "wet behind the ears" sailor was tossed overboard as punishment for not washing the poop deck correctly, then hauled back up and then forced to go back to work while his drenched clothes sag off of his moth-eaten body. It's not sharp, it's sloppy and formless and requires no imagination or creativity to make it. It's not distinctly Ann, it's distinctly oversized.

If you're looking at two amorphous pieces of cheap black fabric (and lets face it, Ann's quality has gone down faster than Sevigny on Gallo in Brown Bunny.Low stitch-per-inch count, cheap material, and even less creativity). that have exactly 4 holes (2 glorified "sleeves" and a smaller hole for your nugget and another for your legs), then look no further than your local friendly salvation army where you can very easily get something that fits just as "well" and costs closer to the value of the "design" of this look (that is: 75 cents per piece before tax).

Sure it may be Ann, and you may want to support her, and it may feel better knowing you got that rectangular black and white tag with her name on it slapping against your neck as you walk, but in the end, if you're gonna layer with it, people aren't going to see the lovely drape, flow or multiple layers of black tee. Save yourself the $1k.

YOU ARE PAYING ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS FOR TWO SHORT SLEEVE SHIRTS.

No fabric in the world costs that much. This is like 3 yards of black cotton in the end. Not even cotton, dyed with the blood of the archangel Gabriel and picked by Moses himself and then used to wrap the baby Jesus costs that much for three yards of fabric.

Not to mention the various sweat shops that now make Ann's stuff took precisely 10 minutes to measure, cut and sew (and laugh at all the suckers that will be buying regular black cotton sacks for five hundred a pop) this thing.

*whew*!!

In all honesty though Voltaire, that's really expensive for what you get from Ann... or from anyone else for two drapey t-shirts. To put it in perspective, even MA+/CCP/LMaltieri tees are on the order of $300ish. At least wait until deep discount time... I'm sure they'll still be around then especially since so many places carry Ann worldwide, you can almost certainly score it for a fraction of retail my friend.

[/quote]

Valiant attempt. Fabulous.[Y]

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• theetruscan
              • Jan 2008

[quote user="pbt"]

Faust, you've gone and broken the rules of FSG. I am soon gonna be $30.00 poorer, unless before I bite the bullet latertonightsomeone recommendsa different translation(Volokhonsky and Peavear?) over this one.

[/quote]

http://www.amazon.com/Master-Margarita-Mikhail-Bulgakov/dp/0679760806/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1205891190&sr=8-2

This is the translation you should read.

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

[quote user="voltaire's anti-defamation league"]

summer time is looming when i like to sit out on the balcony, smoke cigarillos and live by the dictum: if you gaunt it flaunt it.

about to slam down the hammer on these girls;

let me have it, rsg. if there is hope it lies in the proles.

[/quote]

ok. to recap. aka hits a jumper from the baseline...voltaire comes back even stronger than before punishing aka w this trash talk, then using the back board to throw himself the slam dunk...but NO, albert just decides to get NASTY rejecting voltaire, dunking over him and jesus, arcangel gabriel, and moses. God, angry, breaks the backboard in the process... purity throws up an air ball, he's still got work on his post up move, while kira gets a 3 second violation for daydreaming about joey's ummm...belt. the etruscan throws up some sexy imagery himself, faust backs the play, except the clock runs out and Aerosmith comes on for a gender bending halftime show. we are talking about Anne, so what do you expect. But it is albert's domination of the second half spurred by a brown bunny let loose on the court run down and captured by vincent gallo, unafraid to blow his cover, that finally convinces voltaire to concede. well done, RSG.

pm sent, case closed. RSG thanks you.

(oh and I won my second tennis match in a row!)

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• pbt
                  • Jan 2007

[quote user="theetruscan"][quote user="pbt"]

[/quote]

http://www.amazon.com/Master-Margarita-Mikhail-Bulgakov/dp/0679760806/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1205891190&sr=8-2

This is the translation you should read.

[/quote]

Thanks theetruscan -- that is in fact the one I was planning to pick up. But I'll hold of in case Faust comes up an alternative suggestion.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Loving the "RSGN" highlight and recap!

Its like I'm courtside baby!

Congrats on smoking fools for the second game in a row Pnidz!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

Damn, RSG is getting hectic.

People best come correct if they want to purchase something now a days.

RSG comes correct.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

You know the thing about RSG, it's actually working as a deterrent for me just by being here.

Right now, there is nothing on the purchase list aside from the CCP black fencing jacket.

Thank you RSG for keepin this cat in check without even trying!

It would be hilarious to elevate this to a level where members have sponsors.

Feel the urge? Call your sponsor and they'll tear that item apart and make you feel like a human turd for even reaching around back for your wallet.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• DHC
                          • Jul 2007

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

You know the thing about RSG, it's actually working as a deterrent for me just by being here.

Right now, there is nothing on the purchase list aside from the CCP black fencing jacket.

Thank you RSG for keepin this cat in check without even trying!

It would be hilarious to elevate this to a level where members have sponsors.

Feel the urge? Call your sponsor and they'll tear that item apart and make you feel like a human turd for even reaching around back for your wallet.

[/quote]

LOL!! Its so true. Having the same effect on me my man.

[86]

Originally posted by Faust
                          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

Albert- Is that really the dual zip fencing you're getting rid of already? You know what RSG would say...............

Call 1-800-DLR-SUKS

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• aruva
                              • Dec 2007

[quote user="AKA*NYC"]

Is that a Paul Harnden suit he's got on? Or some Carpe offshoot?

[/quote]

and object dyed shoes

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

the man is object dyed.
                                Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎