Page 745 of 745 FirstFirst ... 245645695735736737738739740741742743744745
Results 14,881 to 14,898 of 14898

Thread: Small questions thread

Thoughts on garment storage for medium / long term? I have a number of pieces I wear maybe once a year. Currently have most pieces hanging (blazers, jackets etc) in Muji garment slip covers, but they are intended only to protect from moths and as they are solid white I can’t distinguish what’s inside (Muji also says they expire in a year after use). Suggestions for proper storage?

Acid free cardboards, filled with also acid free silk paper.
    That is how they stock fragile/precious garments in museums or archive rooms

Takes lot of space, pretty expensive. (for what it is).
    The room you stock your garments in also play a role. Temperature/humidity must be controlled.

Hey guys. Im curious if anyone here knows any alternatives to online second hand platforms like depop, grailed, etc or a forum with classified ads for Japanese people. I know they have yahoo auctions but i guess they must have some platform specificaly for clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowvault View Post
    Hey guys. Im curious if anyone here knows any alternatives to online second hand platforms like depop, grailed, etc or a forum with classified ads for Japanese people. I know they have yahoo auctions but i guess they must have some platform specificaly for clothing.
    yeah its called mercari
    Quote Originally Posted by unwashed View Post
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahimsa View Post
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
    yeah its called mercari
    Thank you very much. Now let the Julius hunt begin!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowvault View Post
    Thank you very much. Now let the Julius hunt begin!
    https://fril.jp/brand/2994?suggest=true&oq=julius
    too skinny for rick

Any advice on lubricating a zipper on a leather jacket guys? The zip on my CORS high neck has been tricky of late.

What do you mean by tricky? You may just have to replace it.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by dji View Post
    Any advice on lubricating a zipper on a leather jacket guys? The zip on my CORS high neck has been tricky of late.
    Zipper wax is your friend.
    ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    What do you mean by tricky? You may just have to replace it.
    Was thinking it was oxidation from it been redyed/stained causing the double zip to be difficult to lock at the bottom but on closer inspection the base of the zipper taping has started to fray slightly. Not unsurprising as I've had and regularly worn the jacket for 7 years now, probably not much I can do about it besides replace the entire zipper if the time comes.

Does anyone know what leather code LGNE for Rick leathers is?

Quote Originally Posted by woupes View Post
    Does anyone know what leather code LGNE for Rick leathers is?
    Context would help. What sort of piece is it? LG is full grain lamb so maybe something related?

Leather jacket from Moody f/w 2014? I think??

Need some help dating these Rick Owens boots—I can tell they're the mega turbo wedges, but I've never seen a pair in snakeskin before, and the models I've seen from FW14 and FW10 had the signature button clasp at the top of the zipper, and these seemingly do not. Any help would be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Casius View Post
    Uniqlo's shirts are a bit thicker, definitely.
    Yeah, I think the T-shirt for man is proper, while for girls, it's too thick.

Quote Originally Posted by xadam View Post
    Previously discussed here.
    Thank you xadam for the reference.

Hi does anyone know any good second hand clothes stores/ markets/ interesting shows or exhibitions in paris,
    Thanks

Can someone please tell me if Rick’s LT leather (washed calf) is any good?
    Is it thick or thin? Durable? Thanks in advance!
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton