X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brad1981
    • Dec 2008

hi
    got a quick question, what is the difference between ccp color code 10 and 11? is 11 even darker? and could i match a jacket in 9 or 11 with a pair of pants in 10?thx

Comment

• arc
      • Mar 2011

Anyone know how the Guidi Mountain Boot fit? Thanks.

Comment

• kavaj
        • Sep 2006

I have heard that it fits like most Guidi, i.e. small, but do not take my word for it. Ask for measurements!

Comment

• dmash
          • Jun 2011

are current season silent tops running s-46 m-48 l-50 xl-52 or s 48 m 50 l-52 xl-54?

thanks!

Comment

• arc
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by kavaj View Post
            I have heard that it fits like most Guidi, i.e. small, but do not take my word for it. Ask for measurements!
            Thanks.

But I was told they run true to size and I want a confirmation.

Comment

• kavaj
              • Sep 2006

Well, this true to size statement has always been so vague to me...never trusted it and never will. Guess you can apply it specific brands but not to compare them

Comment

• qazwsx
                • Feb 2012

Just received the m.a+ inner lace boots.....

BUT
                the right shoe is gray and the other brown....[WTF]

Can someone please tell me a trust-worthy who's experienced with
                cdiem/m.a+ sort of footwear.

I wanna redye the left shoe to gray just like a right one.

would be great if the cobbler is in Vancouver...
                actually, doesn't matter, as long as s/he has experience with re-dyeing cdiem/m.a+ kinda boots, im willing to send my pair anywhere around the world.

thanks in advance
                "Things you own, end up owning you." --- Tyler Durden [FightClub 1999]

Comment

• swims
                  • Jan 2012

unfortunately i think the chances of any cobbler getting just one boot to match the other, without altering texture etc. will be pretty low. you may have better luck dyeing both to bring them to the same finish.

i don't know if its just the photo, but to me they don't look too different. personally, i'd try just to run with it or move them on. beautiful boots, best of luck whatever you do.

Comment

• qazwsx
                    • Feb 2012

thanks for the advice swims.

The color differs 'hugely'. the photos were taken under yellowish light so that gray have hints of brown in the photos. However, under normal sunlight, the two colord do have a huge difference.

I've contacted a cobbler another szer recommended. But unfortunately he's asking something 200~300usd. that's absurd.

someone, please help.
                    Last edited by qazwsx; 04-17-2013, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                      • Jan 2008

try going to Nika design in Gastown - he's a miracle worker with anything leather related.

but be warned, anyone you can trust to do a good job is going to be expensive - and they deserve every penny.
                      —
                      -

Comment

• qazwsx
                        • Feb 2012

G, Thank you . really appreciate your help.
                        I do understand some people's skills are worth every penny but given the amount of money spent on the boots, taking out another 300usd (which might be equivalent to a LUC tshirt) for redye is absurd. Having said that, i'd rather get a knit
                        Last edited by qazwsx; 04-17-2013, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• casem
                          • Sep 2006

^Could you try contacting someone at MA+ to have them re-dye the boots for you? It seems absurd to have to drop ANOTHER $300 to fix an already incredibly expensive boot.
                          music

Comment

• qazwsx
                            • Feb 2012

^I already did this morning. Still waiting for their reply.
                            speaking of service provided by the studio of origin, CCP is amazing.
                            Emailed them a while ago asking for purchasing some new laces to replace my broken one but they just simply sent me 2 new pairs free of charge. Asked for a redip for sneakers as well, and they agreed to help, again, free of charge(altho it might take ages). Generally, services i got from them is satisfying; fast reply and nice attitude. Not cocky(many members here) or ignorant or anything as i thought it would be. Augusta is another story tho.
                            Last edited by qazwsx; 04-18-2013, 03:05 AM.

Comment

• Rootlesstrees
                              • Jan 2012

Any one of a company making a decent replica of the Balenciaga perfecto? I cant seem to find an original that will fit a mens 48 anywhere. Your help is appreciated.

Thankshttp://img232.imageshack.us/img232/7...02x6001232.jpg

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by curiouscharles View Post
                                try going to Nika design in Gastown - he's a miracle worker with anything leather related.

but be warned, anyone you can trust to do a good job is going to be expensive - and they deserve every penny.
                                ^ reminds me of a manufacturing adage.

pick two:

you can have it cheap, you can have it done well, and you can have it done quickly

:P

perhaps try applying a tinted conditioner? they are dressier boots than say, a1923 or cdiem

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎