Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ibringdoom98
    • May 2013

Bennyy, there is a marsell 41 on ebay and the seller says that it fits a 43. It sounds like you should keep looking for a 40.

Comment

• upsilonkng
      • May 2010

Originally posted by dynamo View Post
      How much should I expect recent (FW12+) rick leathers to stretch?

Specifically curious about the high neck intarsia in various calf / lamb leathers.
      probably just a little, I had a waxed calf and over 6 months it barely moved, but all leather stretches at least a little but it won't stretch a full size unless it rips. just get one that fits. fw12 intarsia run super tight, in the arms etc..

Comment

• dynamo
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
        probably just a little, I had a waxed calf and over 6 months it barely moved, but all leather stretches at least a little but it won't stretch a full size unless it rips. just get one that fits. fw12 intarsia run super tight, in the arms etc..
        Exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks

Comment

• minhcu2805
          • Mar 2013

how does current seasons RO bauhaus (blistered, goat) fit compare to the old ones? does it fit slimmer? how thick is the current season's leathers?

Comment

• twmllr
            • Sep 2013

^
            from my experience, it fits quite tight at the sleeves
            the leather is very much similar to the ones before

Comment

• drizzly
              Banned
              • Apr 2012

curious how is kangaroo and donkey leather in comparison to horse? are they just as tough? how well do the 2 leathers age? please share some experiences... thanks

Comment

• upsilonkng
                • May 2010

Originally posted by minhcu2805 View Post
                how does current seasons RO bauhaus (blistered, goat) fit compare to the old ones? does it fit slimmer? how thick is the current season's leathers?
                doesn't fit slimmer, I found the new ones roomy and definitely only resembles the real 08/09 bauhaus in name. It's not cut as high as far as the neck so it never does that extreme triangular thing, it's like a pg-13 bauhaus and the sleeves are pretty loose, no cape and most of the leathers are pretty so so as in thin. if u want the real thing it's gotta be pre SS10

Comment

• sshum88
                  • Dec 2007

Kangaroo = lightest of the 3, strong relative to weight, hides come in different thickness, grain is generally smooth and have little markings.

Donkey = heavier than kangaroo, a little lighter than horse, some markings.

All 3 age the same if you take care of them with some regular cleaning and conditioning. Different if you plan to wear yours to a construction or mining site. I have a pair of kangaroo tornadoes worn 5-6x / week for the last 3 years and they have held up just fine.

Originally posted by drizzly View Post
                  curious how is kangaroo and donkey leather in comparison to horse? are they just as tough? how well do the 2 leathers age? please share some experiences... thanks
                  Originally posted by eat me
                  If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• k3mist
                    • Apr 2013

anyone familiar with the quality in Elena Dawsons shoes?
                    considering getting a pair of derbies but unsure of how well its made

Comment

• #ruin
                      • Jul 2011

would any of you know if it's possible to shorten drawstring hem pants whilst still keeping the drawstring hem intact? if not, would it have to be removed or is neither possible?

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

depends on what the drawstring is like. if its a simple turned hem with the string stuck inside through two holes, that should be easy to recreate after shortening
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

A question for the BBS pros around here. I recently purchased a pair of S/S 11 cotton/linen P13s and the fit and cut are perfect for me.

A recent foray into another pair of P13s also via the classifieds yielded a pair that was too slim through the legs and also with a shorter inseam (unhemmed).

Are there multiple variations of the P13 model of BBS pants each season? Is there a specific one that has a slightly wider cut through the leg and a longer inseam? Unfortunately the cotton/linen pair I have now no longer has the longer interior tags to help guide me.
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• drizzly
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by sshum88 View Post
                            Kangaroo = lightest of the 3, strong relative to weight, hides come in different thickness, grain is generally smooth and have little markings.

Donkey = heavier than kangaroo, a little lighter than horse, some markings.

All 3 age the same if you take care of them with some regular cleaning and conditioning. Different if you plan to wear yours to a construction or mining site. I have a pair of kangaroo tornadoes worn 5-6x / week for the last 3 years and they have held up just fine.
                            thank you, i was also wondering if kangaroo/donkey conceals scratches as well as horse/cordovan. One of the effects i like of horse/cordovan is that it can brush out scratches easily.

Comment

• VampireNocturnus
                              • Jun 2013

Anyone have any recommendations on particular designers to look for in search of light oz. denim? I have had raw denim up to 22oz and my lightest is a pair at 14oz but I find myself never wearing even my lightest due to my non-denim pants being more comfortable. As comfortable as other pants are, I still like the stacked denim look. Which designers should I be looking at for lightweight denim? I am forced to buy online due to my location and I feel like people rarely list the denim weight when selling online.

Comment

• Prototypes
                                • Oct 2008

Has sz issue 4 been released worldwide yet and which store in London may have it already? Checked hostem earlier and it's not in yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎