• Who?
    • Aug 2007

Looks a lot like an AV shape.
    WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

yea it does actually, the heel is a bit more traditional, but low as well.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• reborn
        • Aug 2008

Different shapes

I saw the Augusta buy at Alan Bilzerian pretty amazing...

Black snake skin lace up (about $4,400)

Gray object dyed wellington-like boot (about $2,400)

and I believe a couple of other basic lace-ups (which looked like CCP but with a heavier heels).

Comment

• maldoror
          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
          the bulky styles of poell etc), I really liked these:
          It never ceases to amaze me how different people with generally similar taste (e.g., the general SZ aesthetic) can still differ so greatly in their perceptions of specific objects. My feelings about augusta this season are similar to last in that the lace up boot is the sole piece which is currently catching my eye. The shoes, by contrast, define bulk and have a silhouette which I find both crude and clumsy. I'll give you that they're damn comfortable (or at least the first pair of black cordovan laceups that A got in however long ago were . haven't tried anything in the newest shipment) but I just can't get into the way they look, precisely because of that bulk factor, which is distinctly missing from my perception of poell's shoes.

I'll give you that the leather treatments here look beautiful, and, quality wise, the aforementioned black cordovan was pretty
          irreproachable.

To each their own I suppose . . .

P.S. What's AV?

EDIT: Reserving judgment on the side-zips until I see them in person.

Comment

• Originally posted by maldoror View Post
            It never ceases to amaze me how different people with generally similar taste (e.g., the general SZ aesthetic) can still differ so greatly in their perceptions of specific objects. My feelings about augusta this season are similar to last in that the lace up boot is the sole piece which is currently catching my eye. The shoes, by contrast, define bulk and have a silhouette which I find both crude and clumsy. I'll give you that they're damn comfortable (or at least the first pair of black cordovan laceups that A got in however long ago were . haven't tried anything in the newest shipment) but I just can't get into the way they look, precisely because of that bulk factor, which is distinctly missing from my perception of poell's shoes.

I'll give you that the leather treatments here look beautiful, and, quality wise, the aforementioned black cordovan was pretty
            irreproachable.

P.S. What's AV?
            there is an inconsistency to the new collection that is appealing. the shoes don't represent a cohesive collection, but they are not blatant ripoffs, he is trying to find new unique directions. there are some solid individual pieces, some new treatments.

'av' is an unfortunate acronym for avantindietro, altieri's recent moniker.

Comment

• maldoror
              • Jun 2007

unfortunate indeed

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by maldoror View Post

irreproachable.

as I said, I'm not generally a fan of bulky footwear, but I just happened to like this pair regardless. mainly because of the leather, texture and colour. I've only seen those small pics so can't really say much more. they'd probably still be too chunky for me irl, but liked how they looked here, thats pretty much it.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• maldoror
                  • Jun 2007

for sure mike. my post wasn't intended as a criticism at all, or even directed specifically at you. simply an observation which could perhaps be more effectively delivered in the context of general aesthetic perception. augusta just happens to be an especially (personally) compelling example, because I feel like I should like it so much more than I do.

Comment

• AX-OV
                    • Feb 2008

H-Lorenzo has a RED pair that are unbelievable! size 43. $2300

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by maldoror View Post
                      for sure mike. my post wasn't intended as a criticism at all, or even directed specifically at you. simply an observation which could perhaps be more effectively delivered in the context of general aesthetic perception. augusta just happens to be an especially (personally) compelling example, because I feel like I should like it so much more than I do.
                      got it

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by AX-OV View Post
                        H-Lorenzo has a RED pair that are unbelievable! size 43. $2300
                        atelier has two red versions 2050
                        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• theetruscan
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
                          i had a conversation with someone about this fairly recently. does anyone know what design ccp is basing his boot design from? i'm going to assume some variant of a cowboy boot, no? i'm not trying to detract ccp's design of the boot as i see his as the defacto, but if his design is based on a standard/classic boot then i wouldn't be so appalled by augusta's interpretation as he has his own little/(VERY) subtle tweaks to the design.

also, goo, where'd you get the thermic wraps and what was the price? i always liked those.
                          It's a combination of two basic shapes from what I can see. One looks to be cowboy bootesque, the other I can't recall the name for, but is made by the likes of Allen Edmonds (though not well).

I picked Sierra Trading Post for the triangle cut, and yeah, they're fugly boots. http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,...ots_-_(For_Men)

I believe, from some older reading material, that the triangle shape like that originally was used for cheaper boots using smaller pieces/scrap leather as they had to sew together two pieces for the front. The seamless design was used on the nicer boots and the seamed design on the cheaper boots. Pretty sure the shape was originally an attempt to make them more aesthetically pleasing than just a seam. Will hunt through some really old/historical books when I've got a bit of time.
                          Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• reborn
                            • Aug 2008

Snake Skin Augustas

Sorry the pic is fuzzy...I took it with my phone in front of AB.

Comment

• reborn
                              • Aug 2008

Barneys Selection

Much to my surprise, Barneys has large selection of Augusta boots and a couple of lace-ups.

For the boots, there were 2 styles, in various leather colours (black, green, red, brown). etc.

Also, they had some interesting Marsell shoes.

Comment

• docintheory
                                • May 2008

Originally posted by reborn View Post
                                Much to my surprise, Barneys has large selection of Augusta boots and a couple of lace-ups.

For the boots, there were 2 styles, in various leather colours (black, green, red, brown). etc.

Also, they had some interesting Marsell shoes.
                                what were the prices like reborn?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎