X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • a cretin hopped
    • May 2008

Re: Artistic Expression vs. Sartorial Engineering

hah, no, i think it was my fault for not making it clear i was asking two separate questions. rereading your last two posts, i think what you said about how "a certain level of quality was implied and taken for granted" answers my first question, since that would mean that nobody would really have cause to separate the engineering from the art, since the engineering was always so impeccable. as for my second question, i'd tell you what i meant by fashion designer, only i don't actually think i know myself. ^_^

thanks for taking the time to explain all of this, it's much appreciated.[51]

Comment

• DHC
      • Jul 2007

bumping some old for noobs
      Originally posted by Faust
      fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

I am starting to wonder whether we should have "Best of SZ" with links to discussions such as these. I think it may stimulate more thoughts from newer members.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
          • Sep 2006

good idea although probably should avoid resurrecting battle of cdg pls ;)

Comment

• DHC
            • Jul 2007

Word. There are plenty of great threads that have been lost over the last year. I think it'd be great to create a transition back into the SZ of yore, where people communicated thoughts of substance, because it was a place conducive to contemplation. As a result, there was always a mutual respect held for fellow members and I feel that's been diluted lately.
            Originally posted by Faust
            fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Johnny
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DHC View Post
              Word. There are plenty of great threads that have been lost over the last year. I think it'd be great to create a transition back into the SZ of yore, where people communicated thoughts of substance, because it was a place conducive to contemplation. As a result, there was always a mutual respect held for fellow members and I feel that's been diluted lately.
              i agree again, but would just like to endorse these thoughts in particular.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

come on, johnny, battle of cdg was epic! besides, laika and i came out ok, and now i feel we can talk about anything.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

bump for new members

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎