Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839

Thread: Art (Contemporary and Otherwise)

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Hmm, I can see where you are coming from. I guess I just like all the music references. I am not sure the imagery is overtired. I don't think say a Misfits skull is iconic, though it's certainly familiar to a specific group.
    To be clear Violette hasn't hidden the fact that he is working with saturated meanings: that is his angle if that wasn't obvious in my initial post.
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Some of the pictures I took in Basel (the Kljun is from the website, but it was too beautiful to omit). There are more to come!
    For your information, please read carelabels and hanging tags carefully, for washing and handling instructions.

No, they just religiously read SZ

@erich fromm is the third image from Franz Klein?

Quote Originally Posted by matglenn View Post
    @erich fromm is the third image from Franz Klein?
    Indeed it is.
    For your information, please read carelabels and hanging tags carefully, for washing and handling instructions.

The continuation. I should have taken far more pictures, especially to demonstrate how terrible a lot of contemporarty art is.

Quote Originally Posted by Erich Fromm View Post
    Indeed it is.
    Really great piece, looks like a nice selection of Ab-Ex and Gutai works! I bet the Kazuo Shiraga paintings are incredible in person

Quote Originally Posted by matglenn View Post
    Really great piece, looks like a nice selection of Ab-Ex and Gutai works! I bet the Kazuo Shiraga paintings are incredible in person
    The small red shiraga was absolutely stunning!

Quote Originally Posted by MoFiya View Post

Kind of hard finding good pictures and not sure this belongs here... But I really like the work of Oscar Niemeyer. Would love to experience some of his architecture irl..
    My cousin was in Brasilia and i'm going to ask if she has pictures!

Hi all,

Let me share a few of my favorite contemporary artist coming from my country that you all may like

Pál Deim

Imre Bak

Judit Rabóczky

László Moholy-Nagy

István Mazzag

Let me share a performance with you that have influenced me very very much. I hope you all will find it interesting.

Jordan Belson - Phenomena 1965