Clear All
  • messenoire
    • Nov 2009

wut...
    damir doma exclusively for yoox.com

Comment

• zen dog
      • Jan 2014

^ I just went to Yoox, that sweatshirt depressed me- I don't know what Yoox or DD were doing. I'd rather see him doing something for Target at around $50 that atleast referred to a signature element and allowed people who didn't have much money to get a taste of something.
      Doing so might diminish the brand but not as much as that horrible sweatshirt.
      The late, great Garry Shandling ended a joke about having sex with his soon to be ex-girlfriend saying "this isn't good for anybody."
      I'll end it at that.

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
        • May 2014

Damn DD is desperate with that sweatshirt. I know he's struggling financially but come on....Can't we get F/W '10 or '11 again? How the great have fallen.

Comment

• gavagai
          • May 2010

This thread is fantastic. We need a new wtf thread to drop this one in...also Gary shandling may be great but he isn't dead

Comment

• Null12
            • Oct 2013

Come on guys, it's that new "♯YOOXSOCCERCOUTURE."

Is the redeeming factor that it's made in Italy?

Comment

• djt00
              • Apr 2013

SPECIAL EDITION 2014 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

While the best teams prepare for the 2014 World Championship in Brazil, yoox.com, in collaboration with Sepp magazine, lines up its very own fashion dream team: ten designers from ten different countries have created an exclusive collection of unisex, Italian-made sweatshirts, each featuring a custom print inspired by their native country. Three, two, one…kick-off! May the best one win!
              GERMANY

Germany always shows up for the World Championship. And with a squad based on Europe’s dominant club for the past two years – the masters of muscular pressing Bayern Munich – Brazil should be no exception. No wonder Bavarian boy Damir Doma photo printed a proud imperial eagle – the symbol of Mitteleuropean power and gravitas since Charlemagne.
              Hashtag is the worst. Why Damir didn't make the sweatshirt for Croatia? I wonder how many fans will buy it anyway.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                • May 2010

hey if u ever wanted to own DD new and couldn't afford it or didn't want to be in the Talking Heads or Paul Simon's backup band, now's ur chance!!!

Comment

• eleves
                  • Sep 2012

Lol...
                  Last edited by eleves; 05-25-2014, 06:18 PM.
                  Originally posted by Faust
                  HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• zen dog
                    • Jan 2014

My apologies to Shandling- it was David Brenner who passed away. I wasn't firing on all cylinders this morning.
                    I'm glad someone else was.

Comment

• MJRH
                      • Nov 2006

you know those quizzes you can take where you try to tell modern art from random crap?

always thought it'd be fun if someone made a "designer or knockoff" version, and then watch who'd put their money where their mouth was.
                      ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• DamageX
                        • Dec 2008

Are those designer suppositories?

Comment

• apathy!
                          • Jan 2014

uhh that "true art" quiz is just ridiculous. Because most of that art required little technical skill, it's context is so important.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by apathy! View Post
                            uhh that "true art" quiz is just ridiculous. Because most of that art required little technical skill, it's context is so important.
                            Thinking like this is why we have so much shitty contemporary "art"
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MJRH
                              • Nov 2006

^no, no, Faust, i agree with him. context really is important...

for example, if you need the context of an art gallery to inform your appreciation of a particular work--if, outside of the gallery, that work would mean nothing to you--then the work itself is meaningless and it's the gallery context that created all your value!

apathy, if you're admitting that swapping one of the quizmaker's "fake" artworks into an art gallery would generate the same admiration in you that the purportedly "real" art would, then you're admitting that the context is solely what matters, rather than the art, no? and if you're not admitting that, i'm sure you had no problems acing the quiz?
                              ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• Stijn
                                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                Thinking like this is why we have so much shitty contemporary "art"
                                You keep saying this over and over again yet I still really don't understand your taste in art though. For example Giger is for me one of the most cheesiest/corniest ''artists'' out there whereas for instance someone you really dislike like Andy Warhol made such great poetic movies that show a lot of skill, I mean there's a lot of pretentious bullshit going on in the art world that drives me crazy as well but I also feel that some things are not taken seriously enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎