Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bring The Noise
    • Feb 2008

Rick should introduce a darker/muted shade of that into his menswear line, i think it'd look quite good

Comment

• comex9
      • Jan 2009

she looks like an alien whit a crown head

Comment

• galia
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Bring The Noise View Post
        Rick should introduce a darker/muted shade of that into his menswear line, i think it'd look quite good
        I agree... it's too bright here but as a more greyish hue it would be gorgeous

also I like her hair and she does look slightly preggo

Comment

• Fade to Black
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by One View Post
          so much for edge
          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
            so much for edge
            this comment is silly. a designer cannot control who buys his clothing. once your work is in public domain, it's out of your hands.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fade to Black
              • Sep 2008

it was a joke

referring to the whole 'edge' debacle surrounding rick a few weeks ago
              www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• Johnny
                • Sep 2006

also its nowhere near as silly as "she looks like an alien whit a crown head"

Comment

• Fade to Black
                  • Sep 2008

Michelle is an attractive woman who does the eyes no harm, pretty much would look fine in anything she wears...she sure loves her fashion though
                  www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• morsto
                    • Nov 2008

She looks fucking ridiculous in that picture. Even though it's obviously not controllable who buys his clothes, I'm convinced Rick would not be amused seeing something of his paired with that ugly scarf and the hipster plastic watch. The punishment for making it in that teal color, perhaps. :P
                    I do not recognise the vessel,
                    but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• Johnny
                      • Sep 2006

why are you convinced of that?

Comment

• Peasant
                        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Margiela is the new Prada.

And Paul Smith is the new Paul Smith.

Comment

• morsto
                          • Nov 2008

It just seems to me that Rick takes pride in his clothes and his aesthetic. What I get from him by reading interviews etc. is that while the clothing racks at the store are the foremost way of showing off his clothes, ie. he tends to lean towards "wearability" (even though I don't like that word), he sees his clothes only in the context of his own aesthetic, thus I would imagine that seeing the jacket on Mrs. Obama in that particular outfit, he would feel that it's somewhat unintendedly taken out of context.

I may be projecting here.
                          I do not recognise the vessel,
                          but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• galia
                            • Jun 2009

for his sake I hope you are

Comment

• crouka
                              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by lotek01 View Post
                              thanks for the additional info, crouka. always good to know perspectives others may miss.

i'm not a westerner and not japanese but i actually do know a bit about the manji and the other religio-cultural contexts, although it's due to my obsession with useless trivia than something i grew up with.

either way, the one on the shirt probably doesn't represent the manji. what it seems to be based on (this one i think?) was done in an era of punk tastelessness so the original does have a bit of social context. i didn't know the mastermind version wasn't recently made though... not sure if it actually makes a difference.

don't get me wrong, i'm all for crossing boundaries of tastelessness but i think only an idiot would pay money to buy that (and wear it in public). and a wtf on the designer's part (mastermind, not vivienne westwood).
                              about the print on the replica, it cannot be manji because the one on the original was not manji. definitely not "probably".
                              that piece in the link is not what the replica was based on. it looks like the fancy muslin top.
                              the source must be these kinds of simple tee's below.
                              it's not mastermind who did that replica. it's undercover in its birth.

I don't see any big difference between undercover and seditionaries, essentially.
                              the seds/pistols thing was a well engineered commercial/fashion project, apart from what it has become in your mind today.

"We just wore swastikas coz we thought they looked cool. We weren't Nazis nor did we have any political views at all."
                              Marco Pirroni

Comment

• ironman
                                • Apr 2008

Originally posted by duncan_
                                i don't think it looks too bad on her, just bad angle...
                                i think Michelle Obama looks absolutely terrible in that mouthwash vest

the pics from their website are down now, but does anyone have a pic or two from the RO NYC store?

i felt the woman modelling it looked wonderful in it

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎