X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bernieee
    • Dec 2010

i haven't posted here in ages..

but i've recently relocated to antwerpen and will be staying for a year or so.. wondering if anyone would like to meetup for a drink or something?

Comment

• MoFiya
      • Sep 2007

How is Petrol club in Antwerp? Considering a trip to the city, complemented by 24hrs event at Petrol. Line-up sounds excellent but how is the sound system and typical audience?
      I have dreams of orca whales and owls
      But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• nathaliew817
        • Sep 2014

It's okay, but there are cooler parties there, like Leave us at dawn, which always starts with some sort of performance/art show/weird shit and everyone is dressed.

IMHO you have better parties at 'rondom' location, like the Pekfabriek or The Studio, Het Bos, Clitclap, ...

I would recommend doing one of these instead of Petrol or Café d'Anvers, which aren't the clubs they used to be. If you say when you're going, I can check for events. Cheers!
        V A N II T A S

Comment

• MoFiya
          • Sep 2007

I was looking into this event because the line-up is excellent:
          Sat, 3 Oct - Sun, 4 Oct 2015. Line-Up: Planetary Assault Systems, DVS1, Ancient Methods, Paula Temple, ROD & More. Get Your Tickets On RA.

Anything else I should definitely see at that weekend? Places to eat, shop, relax?
          But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• nathaliew817
            • Sep 2014

Well be warned that it will be a douchebag party, but if you're there for the music, the people will be easier to ignore.

If you're there on friday, might pass by Bagger. If you're just looking to do bars, there are some on the 'Mechelseplein', some are quiet, some are loud, but overal it's a non touristy hanging environment.
            FOr a quit evening, Witzli Poetzli, when it's good weather outside, you can sit on the terrace near the cathedral.

For lot's of beer go to 'the kulminator' or 'Billie's beer kafetaria'. Or 'Parers vaetje' where you can eat a simple dish too'

Eat fish at the Fiskebar, flemish at De armen Duvel, if you have money to spend, go to the Jane. Ko'uzi=super good and weird sushi. Or eat french-flemish at 'de grooten arend' and drink jenever in their café right across the street.

Visit the fashion museum, they have an exposition on footwear, it's amazing. Search for the Vlaeykensgang, a medieval street in the center. We have a small botanical garden, where you can eat super good desserts in 'het gebaar', no need for reservations.

Shop for fashion at Labels Inc, Rosier and Vrijdagmarkt 13 for vintage. Louis has Margiela, Rick and some other designers. Go see the Dries van Noten and Ann Demeulemeester flagship store. 'Graanmarkt 13' and 'Seven rooms' are also nice to pass by.

'The recollection 'has a lot of margiela interior, i definitely recommend it. It's in the Kloosterstraat, which has vintage interior shops that open on sunday, so great for a hangover stroll. And you have Fez int he street for Moroocan food and the Dansing Chocola to eat flemish to.

Voila, a small introduction
            V A N II T A S

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

I thought Seven Rooms closed? Or did they relocate from the former Walter store?

I was said to learn that DVS is closing last time I visited (I suppose it's closed by now). Looks like Walter and Dirk just can't get it right in terms of retail.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MoFiya
                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by nathaliew817 View Post
                Well be warned that it will be a douchebag party, but if you're there for the music, the people will be easier to ignore.
                Fuck. Yes I am there for the music only, but a douchebag party is not fun either. Do they have a good soundsystem, at least? //edit: does douchebag refer to the Hertz crowd specifically or Petrol crowd in general? I reckon the music is not sth for everyone

Thanks for the other tips, will look into them and report back
                Last edited by MoFiya; 09-09-2015, 05:27 AM.
                But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• nathaliew817
                  • Sep 2014

hey Faust, Seven rooms is open again, they closed due to hail, and then they moved, and then they closed again and now they're back. And sometimes they're closed because apparently there are a lot of problems with the roof still.

MoFiya yeah the sound system is pretty decent
                  Never been to Hertz, but at Petrol you usually have a vast amount of dudebro's. You know the kind, that get's angry if you bump in to them. But nevertheless, most of the times it's fun, especially the later (early) hours
                  V A N II T A S

Comment

• nathaliew817
                    • Sep 2014

For people coming to Belgium, a new store opened up in Ghent:

Rewind BLCK

http://www.rewindblck.be/

No it's not mine :)

Haven't been there yet but I heard they mostly cater to men.
                    And since stocksales are staring in Antwerp, they'll be there too.
                    V A N II T A S

Comment

• mk85
                      • Mar 2014

Does anybody know when the stock sales are exactly this year in Antwerp? I have been searching online with no luck - I remember one happening in November sometime usually - hoping I have not missed it yet.

Comment

• mk85
                        • Mar 2014

And any new/good restaurants to recommend? Would be much appreciated :)

Comment

• tornaremavencer
                          • Aug 2012

You missed them unfortunately :( Already finnished in October.

Comment

• Maison d'Ashraf
                            • Jan 2013

staying at Boulevard Leopold for my upcoming trip.. so far communication with the owners has been really easy and smooth... seem super nice... looking forward to visiting Antwerp...

btw, looking to find some, hopefully, Raf Simons FW17 but looks like only a few stores carry his stuff their? Am I right?

Comment

• Erich Fromm
                              • May 2017

If anyone is going to the sample sales, please hit me up with some sweet sweet Ann D :)

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Maison d'Ashraf View Post
                                staying at Boulevard Leopold for my upcoming trip.. so far communication with the owners has been really easy and smooth... seem super nice... looking forward to visiting Antwerp...

btw, looking to find some, hopefully, Raf Simons FW17 but looks like only a few stores carry his stuff their? Am I right?
                                Strangely enough, Antwerp is not the best place to buy Raf.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎