• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • galia
    • Jun 2009

Pasolini's Medea
    the work on the fabrics is unbelievabl intricate, meaningful and beautiful
    all of Medea's dresses are things I wish I could wear (except for the 14569855632214 heavy necklaces she wears in her ritual outfit in the beginning. shit would give me an instant migraine)

I've also just re-watched Dr Mabuse der Spieler, and the costumes are seriously great. The snake dress is a thing of beauty, and the dress of the countess when she gets abducted... and basically every outfit, even the mens. of cours, I have to admit I am a sucker for the 1920's aesthetic in general

can't find pictures of the snake dress, but you should all watch this if you haven't, it's seriously entertaining as well
    Last edited by galia; 08-11-2011, 05:16 AM.

Comment

• thomcat
      • May 2009

I hope I'm not reviving anything that everyone has lost interest in-but I saw this movie about Anselm Kiefer last month and then I thought that I must share it with the SZ guys cos the colour and the texture and the music, i think its all aesthetically similiar to what alot of ppl here like.

the name of the movie is "over your cities grass will grow".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zf63U1Rk0w
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHIRt...feature=relmfu

sorry am too stupid to figure out how it works
      Last edited by thomcat; 11-14-2011, 07:53 AM. Reason: correctly attach videos

Comment

• Creep
        • Oct 2011

anybody watched priest? paul bettany clothes were pretty ninja.
        hip hop died with biggie and pac.

Comment

• asdf123
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by deius View Post
          I couldn't imagine Alain Delon in Le Samourai without his hat and trenchcoat. In other words his costume is so integrated with his character - and the entire cool aesthetic of the film - that it seems like the greatest example of film style. I would argue that while many characters may have a cool style it rarely works for the character except to draw attention to the work of the art director... can't think of substantiating examples...
          I also like the gangster in Vengeance by Johnnie To, and the leader of the mercenary gang that Costello works with.
          Yes, +1 on that. Delon is just perfect there.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎