X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

All Rick Owens clothes are produced by Olmar and Mirta.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

guys, thanks so much for all the support.
      i did as you suggested, theetruscan, and my cc company seems to be handling it well. it's just so extraordinary to me--the store even has a stated policy that they will accept returns if goods are damaged, and they refuse to honor it, no matter how much i quote it back to them.
      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

please post to let us know how it goes.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Probably been asked before, but do DRKSHDW waxed jeans stretch?
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• stretcheroo
            • Nov 2009

RO price tag straps

I thought for sure I'd read about this somewhere on here, so can someone point me to the thread or just tell me: what is with the long black straps that have the RO price tag on them? Do you cut them off at the neckline or do something else with them? Unfortunately I'm not cool enough to figure it out on my own.

Comment

• bestial
              • Jun 2008

you mean on drkshdw?

if so, cut it of if it bothers you, keep it hanging along you back peaking out a bit in the bottom if you don't mind it..

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I cut mine from tshirts, and tuck in the one from the jeans. Others (as I used) wear them down the back so the tails peak out on tshirts and pull them out on jeans. RO staff wears the ones on tshirts out in the front.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Konzern
                  • Oct 2008

RY zipper

woops, wrong thread
                  Last edited by Konzern; 01-22-2010, 10:34 AM. Reason: wrong thread

Comment

• magic
                    • Feb 2009

does a jacket with silk washable? ratio about 70% cotton, 30% silk.
                    Focusing on object details

Comment

• mononon
                      • Sep 2009

i wouldn't wash any thing that is a jacket...sweater maybe.
                      calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• ironman
                        • Apr 2008

@ magic

dry clean anything with silk in it

Comment

• Silk
                          • Jan 2009

Where do all the clothes from the showrooms go when the showroom is done? Do the employees get them? I hear they are mostly size 46, I would love to take some of that unused clothing off their hands Though I know that isn't possible

Comment

• magic
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ironman View Post
                            @ magic

dry clean anything with silk in it
                            thanks mate^
                            Focusing on object details

Comment

• ronin
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Silk View Post
                              Where do all the clothes from the showrooms go when the showroom is done? Do the employees get them? I hear they are mostly size 46, I would love to take some of that unused clothing off their hands Though I know that isn't possible
                              I don't know about menswear, but I found some clothing from showrooms in consignment stores. Maybe employees sold them afterwards. Brands who have outlets sometimes sell their showroom protoypes there (Cacharel). Some luxury brands who want to maintain an inaccessible image sell them to their employees during special sales (Vuitton, YSL). (I know you're not interested in those brands, I just meant to give examples, badly chosen but solid)

As for washing silk, I used to dry clean everything, but I've switched to handwashing in cold water most of my silk items (tops, skirts). Although for a jacket I would definitely dry clean it.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Silk View Post
                                that's where "sample" in the "sample sale" comes from.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎