• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

wow, that was a mindfuck equivalent of the T Magazine Rick Owens video
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• I think the new website is brilliant. I wish his clothes reflected what's on the site. the music is absolutely amazing. pretty much all of my favourite songs are in there.

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Dont know if this was ever posted,
        but it should answer all the questions.......................

Going to add it to the Quotes thread......

"I never want to be independent any more. Ever. Ever . . . If you want to work alone, become an artist. Fashion is about working in a team."- Raf Simons
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• almroth
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by huckleberry View Post
          The new raf simons website is somewhat strange. Go on the archive section and I guarentee you will almost have an epileptic fit.

I dont want to show clothes, I want to show my attitude, my past, present and future. I use memories and future visions and try to place them in todays world.

seriously wtf?
          hahaha, it was hilarious. and needless to say im not laughing with raf..

Comment

• Sombre
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
            Dont know if this was ever posted,
            but it should answer all the questions.......................

Going to add it to the Quotes thread......

"I never want to be independent any more. Ever. Ever . . . If you want to work alone, become an artist. Fashion is about working in a team."- Raf Simons
            It certainly does. Though it begs the question of how he carried on for so long with his previous aesthetic; because to me that aesthetic reflects the mind of a highly independent individual, rather than a part of a team. So, assuming my assumption is valid, how does one make such a drastic change in one's career?
            An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
            I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

What the hell is this?
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• syed
                • Sep 2010

^ Man juice on denim...the "Spent" series. There is actually a collection of artworks in the East Wing of Somerset House at the moment called "Spent". To be blunt, the artist ejaculated onto litmus paper. They actually look pretty interesting, so people do stop to look, but once they read the wall label their reactions are quite funny to see.
                "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• kucejoe
                  • Sep 2006

Oh fuck; 1. the FW11/12 collection will be produced (I thought having to take a break / refocus could have been good for him) 2. a "heritage" line 3. a homewares line. Arrgh.

A few years ago I would have dared to think this could turn out well / interesting. Now...fuck you Raf...straight to this thread:

Originally posted by Racked
                  And here's a little behind-the-scenes industry news that's kind of rocking our world this morning: WWD is reporting that Raf Simons will be taking sales appointments in New York this season—and, in addition to men's wear, he'll be hawking heritage and homewares. What? Raf Simons homewares? Where can put our names on that waiting list?

A spokesman for Simons said the designer’s usual factories would produce the fall collection, which put a futuristic spin on collegiate style.

The blankets some models toted on the runway, in patterns matching their slim sweaters, form part of Raf Simons House, a new range for the home that will relate to the seasonal fashion collections. Simons trained as an industrial designer in Genk, Belgium.

The heritage collection, labeled Raf Simons 1995, consists of about 40 iconic and classic styles since the label’s inception, including schoolboy blazers, military parkas and “R” logo shirts updated for today.
                  via Racked
                  Suspension Point Store (Online + Montreal, QC) / Tumblr / Instagram

Comment

• Dec 2010

ohmysomeone'shavingmoneyproblems

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Bwahahahahahaha. I suppose we can now close the whole Raf sold out/no he didn't discussion?
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fade to Black
                        • Sep 2008

disgusting
                        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Dec 2010

^ that's a little unfair. Everyone else can go about making money however they want without criticism, but when an "artist" compromises their integrity so they can fund whatever its disgusting? Aren't there discussions on this forum debating the right of people to make and spend their money however they choose?

I used to think wedding/corporate photography was for bullshitting talentless sellout photographers but came to realise its a sad financial necessity for a lot of photographers who are beginning/mid career.
                          That attitude is more than anything discouraging to people who are wanting to work in creative jobs because it puts them under so much pressure to succeed without becoming that disgusting sellout no one wants to be, but really you've got to appreciate how difficult that is to begin with.

Comment

• Dec 2010

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                            disgusting
                            or were you talking about the spunk pants?

Comment

• underdog
                              • Aug 2009

I agree that the homewares line sounds like a major sell out, but didn't Raf train and start as an industrial designer, not a clothing designer. Could be a reconnection with his roots thing. Who knows if he was any good at being an industrial designer in the past though... It would be awful though if he puts that silly "R" on everything.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by 525252 View Post
                                ^ that's a little unfair. Everyone else can go about making money however they want without criticism, but when an "artist" compromises their integrity so they can fund whatever its disgusting? Aren't there discussions on this forum debating the right of people to make and spend their money however they choose?

I used to think wedding/corporate photography was for bullshitting talentless sellout photographers but came to realise its a sad financial necessity for a lot of photographers who are beginning/mid career.
                                That attitude is more than anything discouraging to people who are wanting to work in creative jobs because it puts them under so much pressure to succeed without becoming that disgusting sellout no one wants to be, but really you've got to appreciate how difficult that is to begin with.
                                When you find an art photographer who is already famous and rich doing wedding photography, let me know, ok?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎