Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ahlefeldt
    • May 2008

Raf Simons and Fred Perry's relationship continues to revolve around the thirty leaf laurel logo originally used in the 1960s' but for A/W 09, the laurel gets a metal rusting treatment and is enlarged and embroidered on the classic polo shirt. In addition, Simons has also designed a special centenary outfit in honour of Fred Perry, which is complete with reworked brogues, giving a hint of the direction Raf Simons wants to go with his Fred Perry collaboration for seasons to come. Simons was kind enough to add his few cents about the collection whilst busy with his own menswear collection being presented at the end of the month.

Dazed Digital: How has your working relationship with Fred Perry developed over the past few seasons?
    Raf Simons: The collaboration has developed in an excellent way. We started off positively and it has only gone from strength to strength. I think they are a very professional team who share the same spirit and mind. Quality is very important for me and the Fred Perry quality is definitely outstanding. As well as being professional, they are also lovely to work with.

DD: Did Fred Perry's 100 Yr Anniversary have any effect on the A/W09-10 collection that you did for Fred Perry?
    Raf Simons: No, we wanted to keep the collection separate however we did collaborate on a suit design for the 100 year celebration inspired by an outfit that Fred Perry wore in 1947.

DD: Where did the initial inspiration of rusting metal come from?
    Raf Simons: The inspiration came from the artist Carl Andre. We always aim to have a clear aesthetic so we can focus on the Fred Perry classics but with a twist and in this case it was through a metal effect.

DD: Can you tell us anything about what is in store for Fred Perry x Raf Simons S/S 10....?
    Raf Simons: The main aim for S/S 10 was to offer a complete, structured collection and to build on this range going forward by creating a wardrobe' collection that includes apparel, footwer and accessories. We feel this has been achieved in A/W 09 and are looking forward to creating a S/S 10 collection which mirrors this in both quality and style. Colours will be bright.

Comment

• huckleberry
      • Jul 2009

Saw these in the browns lookbook and took a photo, thought they may belong here, I had a good laugh when I saw them

Comment

• drexl
        • Sep 2006

Comment

• ahlefeldt
          • May 2008

The sneakers will get raf-towel status.

Comment

• North
            • Sep 2008

there are no words.
            they look so cheap. so incredibly cheap.

Comment

• Fade to Black
              • Sep 2008

sum 1 buy a pair of those sneakers and fill them with piss and seal it up, drop off hotel high floor balcony ala cocksucker blues tv set.

raf beach towel pt. 2
              www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• mrbeuys
                • May 2008

It really IS time we fuse this thread with the WTF thread so there is no need to double-post ... I wish I could see some sort of irony or tongue-in-cheekiness in these trainers, but all I see is neon vomit.
                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• mass
                  • Sep 2006

remember these

were they even produced?

Comment

• North
                    • Sep 2008

you can now buy fabulous raf trainers at oki ni

and a great top.

this just hurts.

Comment

• huckleberry
                      • Jul 2009

The bib is ridiculous, no words can describe how stupid it really is

Comment

• Fade to Black
                        • Sep 2008

that 'over knit' is one of the most frustratingly inept things i've ever seen, at up to 200 pounds no less. i want to punch my computer screen.
                        www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• Fade to Black
                          • Sep 2008

it looks like Raf has overtaken Dirk Bikkembergs in the race towards 9th ring of fashion hell
                          www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• Servo2000
                            • Oct 2006

it's almost impressive

it's not just arguably the worst piece of the season it's also by Raf fucking Simons which doesn't mean much anymore but still - go just like even three years in the past and I don't think anyone saw this coming. More Raf by Raf and accessories, sure, but neon knitted bibs and asics?

i've never seen someone so aggressively raze everything they built to the ground
                            WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Fade to Black
                              • Sep 2008

yeah, when you really think kinda hard about it, it's a brilliant slice of pop-culture-performance-art subversion. Genius, even, almost.

and those mirrors on the f/w 09 mens runway? how fools we were - he was shining the mirrors back on our own faces!
                              www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• mrbeuys
                                • May 2008

Srsly, I am starting to admire the madness. It's hideous, but because it's so OTT, it stops being fashion and starts becoming something else entirely. Not sure how that sits with his business plan, but hey.
                                It's still essentially shit though, don't get me wrong.

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                                yeah, when you really think kinda hard about it, it's a brilliant slice of pop-culture-performance-art subversion. Genius, even, almost.

and those mirrors on the f/w 09 mens runway? how fools we were - he was shining the mirrors back on our own faces!
                                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎