Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: Devoa

I just got my 1st Devoa piece, twisted seam j pants from SS12(?), knit nylon/cotton blend and lined to the knee. The lower leg is really funky how it falls on the foot and stacks but after a while I'm getting used to it and it works well. They are VERY comfortable and unrestrictive, the quality overall seems very good so far.

I bought them on impulse, found an ended ebay sale and offered $200 which was accepted and they are like new. Fit ended up being perfect so I got lucky.

Having owned quite a few pieces myself, from cut sews, loose knits, trousers, jackets, all have hold up exceptionally well.

Small holes and snags on loose knits is to be expected, they do get hooked onto things quite easily. I mend them myself, not perfect, but it's part of the enjoyment for me.

I pretty much lived in my silk+cotton blend basics, heavy cotton shirt and trousers during my final year at university. Just recently found a loose seam on one of them, which I happily sewn up, now ready to be beat on again.

A little bit of sewing and mending goes a long way. You can say for the price you've paid that you shouldn't have to do such things. But to me, it's the opposite: if I paid hard earned money for them, I'm sure as hell gonna take care of it, fix it and bring it back up, and wear it until it needs some love and care again.

And in my closet, his stuff are the most comfortable out of the bunch. Maybe this promotes more wear time? It certainly does for me; they're my grab and go pieces. Some of his pieces I've owned for around 4 years, I think I've gotten my money's worth.

Guys, just receive the cotton jersey pant and wool shirt from 14ss. Compared to 13aw, the shirt is about 0.5 size smaller, if past season size 2 is just suitable for you, for 14ss, I suggest you should get a size 3. About the pant, almost the same as 13aw, but it seems that Nishida just make the waist a littler bigger, usually size 2 pant is perfect for me (totally work for me without belt), this time I still get a fist of room for the waist part.
    Last edited by yyan7778; 01-22-2014 at 08:08 AM.

I went to the Devoa Flagship and I didn't expect Nishida to be there but here was there, and I got to talk to him which was pretty remarkable, after being a little bit starstruck because I figure that Japanese designers would be a little bit more reclusive or harder to reach; He was actually a really great person, and he was excited that I was excited to talk about his brand with him, and of course I mentioned SZ and he name dropped Faust which was cool, (have you ever talked to him personally Faust?)

The samples for FW14 were out on the racks but he said I wasn't allowed to look, I like it when designers are that accessible, it really changes the experience of buying a garment for me and I said that I would be back soon.

I did not know I am at a level of being name-dropped
    Yes, of course I know Daisuke-san and we talk every time I see him in Paris. He is a very approachable, amiable guy.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

new Devoa boots

Store Updated. Some cool things :)

http://devoa.jp/store
    Well, Karl is a fan of Carol. Not sure about the other way around though...(Faust)

DEVOA Exhibition 8.1 - 8.26
    (reception party 8.4 17:00 - 19:00)

One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art ― Oscar Wilde

I just received my second Devoa piece, a Zip up leather jacket.
    It is super well made and conveys a sense of being tailored to my body measure.
    Nothing is stiff or blocks any movement. The pant I already have has the same feel.
    Compared to BBS, Devoa is more of a „outer skin“ rather than an „armor“.

Quote Originally Posted by Do_Decor View Post
    I just received my second Devoa piece, a Zip up leather jacket.
    It is super well made and conveys a sense of being tailored to my body measure.
    Nothing is stiff or blocks any movement. The pant I already have has the same feel.
    Compared to BBS, Devoa is more of a „outer skin“ rather than an „armor“.
    You can't just talk about that without pictures! Come on!

Quote Originally Posted by Lohikaarme View Post
    You can't just talk about that without pictures! Come on!
    Haha ok well I thought such images were not meant to be posted here.
    There you go:

Maybe it needs to be tried on to be fully appreciated, but I am incredibly pleased with its „bespoke feel“.

I agree that Devoa's fit is impeccable for a "normal" body type (meaning not a super skinny, model type). The few pieces I've had over the years were like a glove.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I'm very interested in Devoa, and can anyone recommend some representative Devoa items? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anchorboy View Post
    I'm very interested in Devoa, and can anyone recommend some representative Devoa items? Thanks
    Probably a blazer. Maybe a shirt.