Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Rick Owens Mens F/W 09/10

really liking the collection, wish I could've made it.

theres actually a jacket this spring in this same cut:

saw it at Palais Royal, gorgeous.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

way better thank kva's ripp off what a cunt he is really that word needed to be used for him

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    so good. so freaking good. can't wait to see John Mayer in this.
    aaahahaha .. that hit my funny bone

Quote Originally Posted by c.r.e.a.m. View Post
    much better, thanks chant!

that first jedi looking outfit is great!

I am definitely channeling jedi lately, this collection will allow me to fulfill all my nerd fantasies of my childhood.
    Don't fuck with me fellas, this aint my first time at the rodeo.

Quote Originally Posted by laika View Post
    alright, well, as a show and as a collection this is 10 times better than anything he has managed to do for women...imo

the silhouette is strong and the pieces are quite minimal, so the textures really come through (inching closer to that brancusi sculpture he wants to be). It's raw but refined.

Bravo.
    While I do see a somewhat sleek and abstract (non conceptual?) reminiscent from Brancusi what I really enjoy was seeing how he expanded his design vocabulary to include some structure and tailoring to be combined with his usual slouchy street/goth wear. It's also hard to see from the pics but Pugh was also referenced in a couple of outfits with the inclusion of some highly geometric backs.
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

was looking through it and thought this is fucking awesome, especially the coats are so nice

though, this reminds me a bit of hedi

evokes me of luster

except that the models have muscles.
    Quote Originally Posted by merz View Post
    perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

haha, yeah, you're right, but i think the whole atmosphere, the lightning and i always was kinda, well, let the models go out again as a bunch at the end of the show was kinda hedi's thing, well, just first impression, but well, the show was really good, mainly no particular items, but for me, i think in comparison to creatch or stag he reinvented himself, no particular new look, but still something new somehow

as others have already said, this really gets me excited about rick owens. I've always wished RO would go crazy with fur in his menswear. suprised no one has mentioned the shaved eyebrows, fierce! I think the hair suits the show, love the styling in general. runway is runway.

Quote Originally Posted by Casius View Post

Bootz

*Look at the back of the first jacket too! I need some detail pictures of this collection, STAT!
    pretty sure this is the same jacket. the pic is from the showstudio + rick owens cover. there's a little more info on the jacket in the article.

Yes, I do believe you are correct. A very cool concept for a coat.

Thought I would add these shots:

I just can't stop coming back to this collection. There's so much depth in it despite it not looking too complex. Really want to see some back shots so I can see the details in the skirts and jackets.

that croc jacket is looking INTENSE. and i am also really feeling the look of the simple balck skirt + the black trousers. f/w rick fund starts now.

thanks for the vid cas!

those cutoff white shirts look like the ones I see all the time on the basketball court :o

Quote Originally Posted by Chant View Post

Wow, I love this pieces and the whole collection overall. Totally reminds me of the pieces from the Fall 2007 women's collection that I wish they had modified for men.

More inspiring and interesting collection from RO.. so cool!
    Last edited by Time & Space; 01-23-2009 at 09:59 PM.
    "With all due respect to Jesus Christ, Elvis was the greatest philanthropist of all time" -- Elvis Impersonator

Not much to add other than I agree this is amazing. The saving grace of Paris so far. I'm glad to see him tone down the trashy LA skater vibe and really make a beautiful collection for men. I was never a huge fan of Rick, but this makes me a believer.

Rick's tailoring never clicked with me, it does here. His best effort for mens in quite some time, if not ever thus far.

After the past few seasons, I can say that Yohji and Rick are doing their own thing on the Paris stage, everybody else is running a distant second.
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

that croc jacket is killing it. He cut the skins just right and chose the right grained parts PERFECTLY!

I'm actually digging the blazer usage in this collection... maybe a Rick suit is in order considering the components go on deep sale quite often :P
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    so good. so freaking good. can't wait to see John Mayer in this.
    LOL can't believe I missed this the first time 'round. You know it...

and to add to my previous post, add Taka Miyashita to YY/RO and you have my personal fav. 3 in Modern Fashion.
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs