Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wiggles
    • Sep 2008

Very cool pics Chant! Love the look of it, especially the shoes pic for some reason... Now if only I was going to Paris soon...

Comment

• christianef
      • Feb 2009

looks nice i can't wait to visit when im in town for womens week.
      any idea if they will do international orders?

Comment

• osn19
        • Feb 2007

Thank you for the pics Chant !
        I will certainly try to go soon. But I have no clue about the pricing on Doma. If you could give us an idea, it would be great !
        Originally posted by blacksuit
        wow .. ccp bag is more better than guidi bag?

Comment

• Avantster
          ¤¤¤
          • Sep 2006

Great pics Chant, looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
          let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Chant
            Banned
            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Avantster View Post
            Great pics Chant, looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
            I wrote it the DD thread, since I thought it was more appropriate :

Comment

• pipcleo
              • Jan 2007

i dont think you visited your normal critical conclusion accurately on this particularly unsuccessful fitout.
              As much as black and beige or blue and black dont work , this is simply an ungainly exercise in interior decoration , a mismatched pastiche of faux patinas that does nothing to elevate or showcase clothing.
              and the boots look heinous

Comment

• Chant
                Banned
                • Jun 2008

Originally posted by pipcleo View Post
                i dont think you visited your normal critical conclusion accurately on this particularly unsuccessful fitout.
                As much as black and beige or blue and black dont work , this is simply an ungainly exercise in interior decoration , a mismatched pastiche of faux patinas that does nothing to elevate or showcase clothing.
                and the boots look heinous
                Strange, I was waiting for your comment, sharp as usual.
                I'm happy you did !
                Yeah, problem is that "l'amour rend aveugle".

Edit : I found the translation : "Love is blind".
                Last edited by Chant; 03-05-2009, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• pipcleo
                  • Jan 2007

passion does that to you...
                  dont take offence
                  just trying to be a counter balance to the unerring dedication of doma which i am surprised fits your personal aesthetic

Comment

• Chant
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2008

No offence at all. Without you SZ wouldn't be SZ. And I prefer overcritical people than the opposite.

My point of view (means the enarmoured one, not the critical one) is that DD brings something new in fashion, he's young and very kind, and, in addition, the store openng in Paris is quite a big risk for them. So to support them, without being to partial, is imo not a bad thing to do.

But I've to say that I don't understand his work completely - like I understand RO's, or Ann D's, or CCP's for example. I like some pieces, I like some outfits, I like some ideas, but I don't get the consistency of what he does. And i don't know if it's my problem, or his.
                    But he told me yesterday that the first collections weren't completely his, and that he's only now slowly approaching the result he'd like to obtain.
                    Anyway, I'll meet him again, since I'd like to understand what I don't understand, or at least why.

Comment

• 9inches
                      • Feb 2009

DD 09 very cool

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

While I don't mind the boutique, I agree with Pip on da boots. I think DD suits Chant's style though. It's organic.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chant
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          While I don't mind the boutique, I agree with Pip on da boots. I think DD suits Chant's style though. It's organic.
                          Are we speaking of the same pair of boots : they can't be seen on any of my pictures, except the first one, but they're almost invisible, since they're under the bag.

I don't speak of the two tone (black/blue) boots in velvet/python which are in the third picture.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

I speak of his boots in general.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

unfortunately couldnt check the internet at all because finding free wifi in paris without a code is impossible. so missed the fafelel rc
                              the doma peeps are beyond cool, i had to visit the store a number of times bc they just opened it and were getting the credit card machines in place but they were obscenely nice. i got something which will have to wait for a waywt/gang pic soon.
                              i felt compelled to carve p nod into the apt( but i forgot )somewhere that thing is so romantic wth the effiel tower view etc..great place to fall in love
                              oh and the old woman loved you faust, i think she made me forgo the deposit bc you did a number on her

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              So you scored the studio after all? Good man. The falafel place is the shit, definitely gotta go for it. Also, don't miss the Sunday food market, it's just a block away if you turn left once you leave the building.
                              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

LOL, cool. Yea, we had a nice chat and she decided not to take a deposit from me. Personality goes a long way. The place is wonderful. They did have a internet cable wire in the studio, or did you only have the iphone with you?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎