Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

only the iphone...nice to be not connected for awhile, its like the fucking 90s goddam
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• howinpark
      • Jan 2009

good fashion
      I want that shirt

Comment

• Sion
        • Mar 2009

Wow, just looked at the pictures on page 6, some really nice pieces. That beanie is great, and even though i just got the silk scarf from this collection i cant wait for that one :) The oversized/baggy cardigan looks amazing!

Comment

• quiet noise
          Banned
          • Dec 2008

I like lots of doma pieces, but i must agree with chant. i mean really, if you think about it, doma doesnt really have a "context" or real a aestetica identity. Its almost as if he lacks inspiration. Sure, his clothes can work out on the runway, but in my experience his pieces can be next to impossible to assimilate into a wardrobe, because they dont really blend in with other, non-doma clothes. Its more as if they had a life of their own and refuse to cooperate with the rest of your outfit

Comment

• AKA*NYC
            • Nov 2007

^ yeah but the same goes for most designers discussed on this board.
            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• grapz
              • Sep 2008

Nothing wrong with going all out DD ^^

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

I have no problem incorporating Doma with Ann, Rick, Poell, and BBS. It's all personal styling.
                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• quiet noise
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                  ^ yeah but the same goes for most designers discussed on this board.
                  i tend to disagree. i dont think you can even compare doma to lets say, rick, ann or ccp on this matter. i belive that doma, like so many other young designers with high amibtions, lack a sense of patiance and minimalism. Its simply overdone and lacks aestetic context. Good design must be timeless and flexible, and doma, imho, isnt (yet).

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

But does everyone have to design with minimalism? That seems more like a personal preference to me.

Comment

• quiet noise
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2008

Absolutley not, but i do belive that every designer needs a context and the ability to draw the line between whats exciting in theory and what actually works out as a piece of cloth. I personally cannot really appreciate damirs work, because i just cant relate to it. Its just... random, honestly.

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

No, that makes total sense. Same thing goes for me and other designers out there. I guess the way I look at it is, there is something for everyone out there and it's just all what appeals to you personally.

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by quiet noise View Post
                          I like lots of doma pieces, but i must agree with chant. i mean really, if you think about it, doma doesnt really have a "context" or real a aestetica identity. Its almost as if he lacks inspiration. Sure, his clothes can work out on the runway, but in my experience his pieces can be next to impossible to assimilate into a wardrobe, because they dont really blend in with other, non-doma clothes. Its more as if they had a life of their own and refuse to cooperate with the rest of your outfit
                          i tend to disagree. i dont think you can even compare doma to lets say, rick, ann or ccp on this matter. i belive that doma, like so many other young designers with high amibtions, lack a sense of patiance and minimalism. Its simply overdone and lacks aestetic context. Good design must be timeless and flexible, and doma, imho, isnt (yet).
                          I have to say I heavily disagree with both statements, I think many of his pieces are very easy to incorporate into all sorts of outfits. I own quite a few things and havent had the slightest of problems wearing them with other stuff I have. particularly the more basic pieces - tees, longsleeves, vests, knits, even hoodies and many others, are are very easy to wear. obviously he has some more extravagant garments, but so do most designers.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                            • Nov 2007

not sure i follow

edit: or care
                            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• ŠťÿŀêŹēïţģëĩșŧ⁴²⁰
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                              I have to say I heavily disagree with both statements, I think many of his pieces are very easy to incorporate into all sorts of outfits. I own quite a few things and havent had the slightest of problems wearing them with other stuff I have. particularly the more basic pieces - tees, longsleeves, vests, knits, even hoodies and many others, are are very easy to wear. obviously he has some more extravagant garments, but so do most designers.
                              While I understand what you're saying, I have to agree with quiet noise. To me, the value of a basic item like a tee/longsleeve etc is derived from the overarching aesthetic direction and concept of a particular collection.
                              "I begin with the principle that all men are bores. Surely no one will prove himself so great a bore as to contradict me in this." -Carol Christian Poell

Comment

• editevening
                                • Nov 2008

^ nice username
                                #nevernotalmostshopping

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎