• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chant
    Banned
    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
    whats up with those pants w half the waist hanging off in front of the crotch?

Last edited by Chant; 02-18-2009, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• Chant
      Banned
      • Jun 2008

My favourite piece, even though the picture don't do it justice (one or two sizes too small + the belt shouldn't be tight + flash kills the colours).

I'll post some pictures of the SS 09 in the other thread, since the cuts and the details are very nice too in this collection.
      Last edited by Chant; 02-18-2009, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
        • Nov 2007

i like that beanie. very medieval looking.
        LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
          i like that beanie. very medieval looking.
          totally, mad evil.

Chant, thanks for your assessment. I am still largely not a fan of Damir's work, and in my opinion even you cannot make those uber-huge pants work, but some of the outerwear (your favorite piece) looks good on your frame.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

i smell an sz gang bangeanie thread
            don't know if those shirts are new but i'm thinking his shirt are about to surpass the oven
            great to hear the quality problems fixed. and if they're not...

i bet those pants are going to be big in japan
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
              i smell an sz gang bangeanie thread
              don't know if those shirts are new but i'm thinking his shirt are about to surpass the oven
              great to hear the quality problems fixed. and if they're not...

i bet those pants are going to be big in japan
              Preemptive strike

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

C, Doma looks very good on you my friend
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                  • Nov 2006

Thank you Chant, been waiting for these! No doubt some of Damir's strongest work to date, but also a great evolution of his ideas. He definitely took some risks here [with success] with challenging silhouettes and inventive layering ideas.

I think it's safe to say, Chant, that you and Damir's relationship is developing into something longterm. Stuff looks great on you, if you slicked back your hair, I think you could have easyily blended into that catwalk. [How did the scarf work out?]

Looking forward to more the 2nd batch of the Spring stuff to start trickling in, the stuff at Darklands was really good, but the best is yet to come.
                  Last edited by andrewislasorad; 02-18-2009, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• swami
                    • Jul 2008

Those pants Maybe Damir had him in mind..

But I have to say Damir is quickly becoming one of my favorite designers That Cardigan

Comment

• Chant
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      I am still largely not a fan of Damir's work, and in my opinion even you cannot make those uber-huge pants work.
                      No, I don't think so, the perspective makes them look strange, and, as for most of the DD clothes, you've to be very inventive.
                      Or get the fucking instructions booklet.
                      I don't have the picture atm, but there's also a very nice pair of trousers, with a long vertical pleat, where the pocket opening is hidden : it's very clever in terms of structure and shape.

Originally posted by andrewislasorad
                      Thank you Chant, been waiting for these! No doubt some of Damir's strongest work to date, but also a great evolution of his ideas. He definitely took some risks here [with success] with challenging silhouettes and inventive layering ideas.
                      Agree.

[How did the scarf work out?]
                      ML and I were very anxious, since we had no news of it three weeks after the shipping. Finally, it reaches safely my mailbox, and then I understood : the octopus had taken the sea route... I'll post some pictures soon in the WAYWT.

Looking forward to more the 2nd batch of the Spring stuff to start trickling in, the stuff at Darklands was really good, but the best is yet to come.
                      Agree again. I've seen the shorts and the shirts. Beautifull work. Some pictures soon in the DD SS 09 thread.
                      Last edited by Chant; 02-19-2009, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

damn, that DD beanie is probably the nicest reworking of a knit beanie i've seen in a long long time. Bound to sell out fast (**adds to the building SZ hype**)
                        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

Hype hype hype!

Thanks for posting all of these pictures Chant. I just love that baggy cardigan piece. The jackets all look great as well and also a lot more substantial than last FW.
                          "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                            • Nov 2007

that beanie is played out before it came out
                            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• theaddict
                              • Apr 2008

Met Damir when i dropped by at darklands for a coffee...what a laid back dude
                              Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• swami
                                • Jul 2008

This is an excerpt from an Old Interview with hintmag

"Are there any similarities between you and Raf?
                                My work is very different from his, but one thing does come to mind. I used to sketch a lot and Raf does not. But now I find, in less than three years, that I've stopped sketching. It takes too much time. "

My question is how does a designer design without sketching?
                                How do you put those ideas together and visualize it and remove and add to the design?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎